News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

car slower after carb change ( update )

Started by 69chargerR/T, September 14, 2007, 09:29:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

firefighter3931

Quote from: jg68 on September 23, 2007, 01:34:25 PM
Alan, i'm sure if you bump up the PV to a 8.5 & change to a 72 jet you'll be able to put back the 31 squirter, normally (if not most of the time) if you are needing a larger squirter, you'll just get an abrupt stumble right off idle, but it'll recover quickly once you get into the main circuit, Now this is only if everything else is were it should be, its very rear that you'll get a "pop back" threw the carb by just a squirter if its just off a little, i still think your going lean alittle too much under throttle & the larger squirter is compensating for it, so start off with the front first, 8.5 PV & 72 jets, then see how it runs, then try the 31 squirter, but make SURE you have the pump adj. right & float levels too :2thumbs:

That's a good recommendation.  :2thumbs: Like Joe says the large squirter could be covering up a lean condition at the transition. The 8.5 pv and 72 primary jets are a good starting point and you can fine tune from there.  :yesnod:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

69chargerR/T

Quote from: firefighter3931 on September 23, 2007, 03:41:06 PM
Quote from: jg68 on September 23, 2007, 01:34:25 PM
Alan, i'm sure if you bump up the PV to a 8.5 & change to a 72 jet you'll be able to put back the 31 squirter, normally (if not most of the time) if you are needing a larger squirter, you'll just get an abrupt stumble right off idle, but it'll recover quickly once you get into the main circuit, Now this is only if everything else is were it should be, its very rear that you'll get a "pop back" threw the carb by just a squirter if its just off a little, i still think your going lean alittle too much under throttle & the larger squirter is compensating for it, so start off with the front first, 8.5 PV & 72 jets, then see how it runs, then try the 31 squirter, but make SURE you have the pump adj. right & float levels too :2thumbs:

That's a good recommendation.  :2thumbs: Like Joe says the large squirter could be covering up a lean condition at the transition. The 8.5 pv and 72 primary jets are a good starting point and you can fine tune from there.  :yesnod:

Ron

Thanks guys, you guys have been right ever time I've made an adjustment!!! :2thumbs: I'll change the PV to 8.5 and up the jets to 72s and try that, who knows the car may even get quicker than it is now!!!!!!!!!!!!  I'll let you know how it goes :drive: