News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1968 Charger WIW?

Started by TripleBlackGator, September 14, 2007, 09:16:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skip68

I do not agree with TUFCAT at all on this car But by no means does that make him a jerk anymore than me, nor does it make me more of an expert than him.   :rotz: But I'm right about this car TUFCAT .  :nana:  :icon_smile_big:  Chuck.........
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

TUFCAT

Thanks Skip, we're now in agreement on something!!  :2thumbs:  Members like you make this such a great place :icon_smile_wink:  Being honest, I always liked reading the WIW posts for the wide range of opinions and perceptions of the same car.  There's always a huge difference in value.  :Twocents: :Twocents: 

pettybird

70charger_boy

pettybird

Quote from: 70charger_boy on September 17, 2007, 03:24:48 PM
Quote from: pettybird on September 17, 2007, 01:10:42 PM
Quote from: bull on September 15, 2007, 12:58:17 PM

Right. Only the XX Chargers and their owners deserve to be restored. ::) :rotz:

fixed  :wave:

Ok, fixed  :icon_smile_big:

HA!  i don't think i can be fixed anymore  :smilielol:

i have a friend who now owns a bird, and had wanted one for a long time.  we were on Brice a few years back, and he introduced me, jokingly to one of his friends, as 'one of those wing car people.'  I took my cue and said 'yep--there are two kinds of cars--wing cars, and parts cars.'  my friend owns a v code '70 droptop challenger, a '70 RT/SE v code charger survivor, had a T/A survivor at the time, three more challenger R/T's, etc.  he just smiled one of those "jerk!" smiles at me. 

Mean 318

I dont understand why anyone would fix up a charger... not like they are Coronets or anything!

squeakfinder

Quote from: Mean 318 on September 17, 2007, 05:02:19 PM
I dont understand why anyone would fix up a charger... not like they are Coronets or anything!

HA HA!  You forgot to ad:

:stirthepot:
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

Mean 318

TripleBlackGator

After getting answers of "Yes, I want to sell" and "No, I think I'll keep it", the person told me it's mine if I want it. I hope to be picking it up next week if he doesn't change his mind in the mean time. I'm not sure what I'll do with it but I decided to snag it now and think about all that later.
Malicious, vindictive, spiteful, cynical, pessimistic, sarcastic, & antagonistic. And those are my good traits!

Steve P.

Quote from: TripleBlackGator on September 20, 2007, 08:52:52 AM
After getting answers of "Yes, I want to sell" and "No, I think I'll keep it", the person told me it's mine if I want it. I hope to be picking it up next week if he doesn't change his mind in the mean time. I'm not sure what I'll do with it but I decided to snag it now and think about all that later.

Don't do it man.. That car is a TOTAL pile of crap.. It needs everything from top to bottom, front to back. The rust you SEE is only the beginning. Don't do it..

Matter of fact, give me the guys number. I want to give him a piece of my mind for even thinking about charging for it..  :D

Go get that car... If it takes you a week or the rest of your life to make it shine it will be worth it..  :cheers:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

skip68

:cheers:  If you change your mind let me know. I'll take it :yesnod: good luck with it.  :2thumbs:  Chuck........
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

TripleBlackGator

Getting the title transfered today and hopefully pick it up within a day or two.
Malicious, vindictive, spiteful, cynical, pessimistic, sarcastic, & antagonistic. And those are my good traits!

skip68

TripleBlackGator

I just decoded the fender tag to this 68 and here it is:

AXLE: 3.23 Rear Axle Ratio, Sure Grip
INTERIOR: Charger Trim Grade, Vinyl Bucket Seats. Black Interior.
PAINT: Monotone Charger Red Paint.
OTHER: Black Upper Door Frame Color.

MOLDINGS:
25: Drip Rail Mouldings
30: Body Belt Mouldings
78: Wheel Lip Mouldings

ABC OPTIONS:
B3: Cruise Control
D9: Front Disk Brakes
H1: Power Brakes
K8: Power Windows
N8: Rear Window Defogger
P6: Rear Seat Speaker
R1: AM Radio
T7: Tachometer
X1: Tinted Glass (all)
Y7: White Vinyl Top

abc OPTIONS:
a6: Console
b4: Bucket Seats
h7: Fender or Hood Mounted Turn Signal Indicators
k7: Passenger Outside Manual Mirror
m6: Driver's Outside Remote Operated Mirror

Everything is kinda normal and checks out but I question the vinyl top being white. It has a black interior and a white top seems somewhat out of place. I know a person can order one almost as they please but isn't that a bit strange or haven't I seen one yet or maybe  just not noticed?

bull

Yea, I imagine it is pretty rare but not unheard of. It would definitely be a striking contrast and wouldn't look half bad with white R/T stripes.

71ChallengeHer

My Chally was ordered with a black top and the white/black interior. It had all black interior when I bought it. I don't know if I want to change it back? :shruggy:

70charger_boy

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on October 13, 2007, 12:29:02 PM
My Chally was ordered with a black top and the white/black interior. It had all black interior when I bought it. I don't know if I want to change it back? :shruggy:

Don't change it back.  Oh, I love the new pic  :icon_smile_big: