News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1968 Charger WIW?

Started by TripleBlackGator, September 14, 2007, 09:16:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TripleBlackGator

I usually don't do WIW's but I know of this 68. Take a look at the pictures and give your honest opinion. Some things I know about the car are: No broadcast sheet. At least none found in the usual places. The fender tag is rusted where the VIN is or course. XP29H on dash. At least one hole is known to exist in the trunk pan. Electric windows, cruise. factory tach. Original red paint can be seen under hood insulator pad. Black interior, auto, floor console.  It is NOT the original engine. The bumpers, door panels, wheel lip mouldings, rallye trim rings, center caps (74?),  and some odds and ends come with it. Original red paint with black vinyl top. Has sat about 5 years outside. Surface rust ( and maybe more) covers most panels. That all the info I have at this time.
Malicious, vindictive, spiteful, cynical, pessimistic, sarcastic, & antagonistic. And those are my good traits!

TripleBlackGator

More!  :shruggy:
Malicious, vindictive, spiteful, cynical, pessimistic, sarcastic, & antagonistic. And those are my good traits!

Brock Samson

i dunno wiw, but the dash seats and console sterring wheel and grill are in amazing shape compared to the rest of the car...
hows the wiring?.. that one pic. is scary..

Joshua

Nice dash and grill.......
I'm sure it would sell for more than I'd be willing to pay----->$1500......

1BAD68

I'd pay 2500 for it if I was looking, the dash, grill, seats and steering wheel are in great shape, everything is there except bumpers. That would be a nice winter project.

Brock Samson

"The bumpers, door panels, wheel lip mouldings, rallye trim rings, center caps (74?),  and some odds and ends come with it. "

hows the glass?..

41husk

I wouldn't give more than 2k for it.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

1st_charger

I would probably go as high as 3K but would have to see it in person! there are a lot of good parts there and it looks pretty complete but there is still alot of work and money required to get it right! just my  :Twocents:

hemi68charger

I agree.. No more than $2000... Pretty optioned out with the rear window defrost, power disc brakes, cruise control, 383, auto on the console.. Nice original color combination...

Let me add rear speaker, woodgrain wheel.............. Depending on production date, headrests.... Power steering...........
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Brock Samson

for the right person it would be a great deal, like if you needed the parts that are on there but not the body,.. it would be an awesome parts car,... then you could sell off what you didn't need and recoup some $...
very interesting..

terrible one

$3,000. It's pretty complete, and looks to be decently solid, even though all of the surface rusting, etc. just makes it look bad. Plus all the options. . . :Twocents:

Fitz73Chrgr

$1500-$2k, thats a parts car.
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

supserdave

If I was looking 2500-3000, probably wants more then that?

69bronzeT5

Quote from: Fitz73Chrgr on September 14, 2007, 12:10:13 PM
thats a parts car.

dude, thats more than a parts car. Ive seen more rustier Chargers come back from the grave.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Lee01

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on September 14, 2007, 12:24:20 PM
thats a parts car.

dude, thats more than a parts car. Ive seen more rustier Chargers come back from the grave.

I agree 100% with cody

If the car was painted a quick all flat black paint to hide the ''surface rust'' people would say more a 3-5K car!  :yesnod:

IMO the car ''if'' the frame and floor are in decent shape, it would definitly be a nice projet and not a part car.

Current ride:
2012 Boss 302 YB #0664
2018 WRX
2018 Crosstrek
2004 SRT-4
WTB 68-69 Charger

bull

$1500-$2k, thats a parts car.

No way. I might agree on the price but that's a long ways from being a parts car. It looks like hell on the outside (which will work to a buyer's advantage) but I'll bet you money it's a solid project. The dash looks remarkably good and so does the grille. Even though it's got surface rust all over and appears to be toast I'd say with a little cleanup (something like a good sanding and a coat of flat black epoxy primer) it would be a $7k car easy. The interior looks very well preserved for the most part. Anyway, I'd start low if you're buying because it looks shot but really isn't. I'd try $1,000 to start and go up to maybe $2,500. The dash assy. and grill alone are probably worth about $1,500 or more.

Lee01

Buy it before it became the Next BAD BOY from a certain place   :rofl:
Current ride:
2012 Boss 302 YB #0664
2018 WRX
2018 Crosstrek
2004 SRT-4
WTB 68-69 Charger

69bronzeT5

I dont really know what to say pricewise. Like I know of a 68 sitting down the street from my old house. We talked to him in about 2000-2001 and he told us, IF he were to sell it, he would take about 4k. But that was years ago. The 2 new Dukes movies have come out, BUT the car has gotten rustier. Its sitting in mud :eek2:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Joshua

Look at the left, rear quarter panel.....it looks like a patch panel has been installed....
The car was probably stripped for bodywork, with the dash, seats, etc put away.....then given up on and the grill and interior put back in....explains why those parts are in good shape.....
Definitely could be a real nice project for someone

Mean 318

IMHO 2500-3500 isnt insane! all I see is surface, if the body is as good as it looks it could be a damn good project.. If the body/frame aint rusty

TUFCAT

There are some good parts on it, glass, console, seats, dash, steering wheel, beautiful looking grille,  and others.  Its a parts car----especially with the XP vin number  ... there's still some good metal on it for a donor car. Of course it will take some heavy prep work lots of and money to make it nice for paint (probably should start with chemical dipping) . But from the picture I think the rear decklid and doors look good for sure, and probably some decent doors, fenders and quarters.

AS far as WIW??  That smashed to hell '68 Charger on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=001&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=110167953759&rd=1 is already up to $8100 with 7 hours left..... so this one has to be worth at least 1/2 right??? - - so lets say $4,00 grand to start??   

skip68

If the car is solid and the frame too, then I would say 4-6k is what it's worth.  Look at the options and the condition of them. If I was looking to buy it I would say $3,500 to $4,000 is as high as I would go.  But that's what it's worth to me as I have one already.  Make sure you look at the frame.    Chuck........
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

70charger_boy

I can see that car go for 5 grand

Dave22443

I would kill to have '68 with that many options on it!  You guys can have the dash and the grill, I want the cruise, power windows and head rest seats!   :2thumbs:

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

Mean 318

That thing is loaded! wood wheel, console, head rests, tach, BB, Power windows, tint,Red on black! I want it!