News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

NEED FOR SPEED PRO STREET! Charger/Challenger/Cuda in game!!

Started by Sabre, September 13, 2007, 05:13:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabre

Release date November 13th, 2007

Well the next Need for Speed game is coming.  It's called Need for Speed Pro Street.

http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/904/904767.html

QuoteA new spin on the Need for Speed franchise, ProStreet thrusts players into a head-to-head competition against the best street racers in a multitude of racing showdowns. The game is a true taste of raw adrenaline and racing with consequences. Every dent, every scratch and every crumpled body panel is a battle scar, proof of your commitment and competitive mettle. With an aggressive and skilled AI system, you become immersed in an unmatched believable race experience. Add in a revolutionary online mode that will redefine the meaning of competitive social play, and Need for Speed ProStreet is the ultimate formula for an emotionally charged street racing showdown. It also pushes the "Autosculpt" technology to a new level, allowing you to directly impact your car's performance for the first time as well as personalize its appearance.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/793/793058p1.html

QuoteThe new Need for Speed is here: Pro Street.

Don't get confused. This isn't like other EA Street titles with over-the-top arcade slam dunks and impossible maneuvers. This is Pro Street. In fact, EA did the exact opposite and created an entire new genre of racer: the street racing simulation. "The Fast and the Furious" meets Forza.

Well, don't tell that to producer Michael Mann. His team at EA Black Box, responsible for NFS: Most Wanted, wants to distance Pro Street as far away from "The Fast and the Furious" as possible. Pro Street isn't about a glowing, fluorescent purple underbelly to your car. Pro Street is 100 percent about performance and the culture of street racing.

And if you didn't know, street racing happens to be illegal. To accommodate, professional race tracks are opening their doors to street racers in unheard of numbers. Pro Street will feature real world locations like Sears Point Raceway (now Infineon Raceway) near Sonoma, Calif. While EA wouldn't go into detail on the other tracks, it did say that you can expect a number of "iconic locations" in Asia, Europe and the States.

Live from Infineon.What we didn't expect from EA was just how "real world" it was taking NFS. We watched a developer do a quick lap at Sears Point and this is unlike any NFS you've ever seen. It actually looks real. Sears Point was bordering on photorealism. More importantly, the sense of intense speed is gone -- this game plays more like Forza than previous NFS titles in which you dodged cops and knocked opponents off cliffs. We watched as he apexed turns and scratched our heads as he used these strange contraptions known as brakes.

The biggest question we had for EA was this: Why? Pro Street is a not really a sequel -- it's a distinct departure from the franchise's roots, a turn in a completely new direction. Quite simply, said EA, street racing fans have been demanding real-world believability. That all starts with the race weekend.

The race weekend will be a spectacle.It's then that the street racing community gathers, car enthusiasts that like to build and show off their high-performance racers. They do that in a number of ways, and EA has included a few in several events that comprise the race weekend in Pro Street: Drag, Drift, Grip, Circuit and Speed Challenge. The career goal is focused around working your way up the ladder in each event and eventually becoming "king of the street."
This focus on driving culture culminates in customization. For each event, you will need to swap out parts and toggle a staggering number of options. You're not going to use your drift car for a drag race. EA's goal here is to create a system that is both accessible and deep. If you're not into customization, you can choose an event car based on a blueprint template. If, on the other hand, you live for tuning your gearbox and have a hard time deciding between intercoolers, you can build your car part-by-part using real-world, high performance components. NFS: Carbon's autosculpt system was accessible, yes, but it was purely aesthetic. In Pro Street, every modification has an effect. If you really want that new spoiler, you will sacrifice speed for grip. Thankfully, there is instant feedback that will show you exactly what effect each part will have. And unlike traditional motorsports like NASCAR, there are no rules designed for your safety or the safety of others. In fact, screw that. You can push the envelope as far as you like using brand-name, high performance parts. EA has yet to mention what brands it has partnered with, but you can bet there will be many.

The new visuals will blow you away.Once you build the perfect car, don't get too attached to it. Pro Street is bringing the danger back to racing. Each bump, each scrape, each head-on collision with a wall has consequences. We sat in awe as a target video showed a car exploding into hundreds of pieces. Keep in mind this isn't Burnout. The car doesn't just explode and you respawn seconds later. Black Box is devoting a significant amount of time to a persistent damage system that emulates real-life collision in hope of showing the raw, violent power of these cars. Yes, there are real consequences -- beautiful, thrilling dangerous consequences that will jolt you out of your shoes, and probably your checkbook.

None of this would matter if the game looks like butt, so Black Box dedicated itself to creating a fresh visual look. If by "fresh" Black Box means "gorgeous and completely unexpected," then it succeeded. At Sears Point, the setting sun cast an orange glow over the track and glistened off the car's pristine paint job (Cars are currently modeled with about 21,000 polygons.). When cars burn out, thick gray smoke wraps around the spinning tires and leaves an ominous cloud in the middle of the road. More than just fun to look at, the smoke will obstruct the vision of your competition, at the risk of spinning yourself right into a wall. On the final stretch of a race, blowing smoke on your opponents is the ultimate insult. You might as well get out of your car, spit on their windshields and flip them the bird.

Blow smoke in their faces.Despite our initial surprise, we like EA's decision to depart from Need for Speed's arcade roots with Pro Street. Realistic street racing is a completely new genre in gaming. But will EA actually pull it off? Time will tell. All we can say is that we will happily run a string of red lights on our way to our first hands-on session with this new breed of speed.

I like the fact that they will have "Drag" racing.  That should be fun with the muscle cars.  Check out the first video called "Grip Racing."  It shows the 1969 Dodge Charger R/T, and the 1970 Challenger R/T.

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/904/904767/vids_1.html

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/904/904767/imgs_1.html

Car list so far....

1. 2006 Audi RS4
2. 1995 Mazda RX-7
3. 1986 Toyota Corolla GT-S AE86
4. 1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-T
5. 1970 Plymouth Hemi Cuda
6. Nissan GT-R PROTO
7. 2008 BMW M3
8. 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer EVOLUTION IX MR-edition
9. 2006 Volkswagen Golf GTi
10. 1965 Pontiac GTO
11. S197 Mustang
12. Lancer Evo X
13. 2000 Nissan Skyline GT-R R34 V-spec
14. 2006 Lexus IS350
15. 1992 Nissan 240SX
16. 2006 Acura RSX
17. 2006 Porsche 911 (997 Gen) Turbo
18. 2006 Lotus Elise
19. Nissan 350z
20. 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle SS
21. 1967 Chevrolet Camaro SS
22. BMW M3 (E46)
23. Chevrolet Corvette Z06
24. 2008 Porsche 911 GT2
25. 1969 Dodge Charger R/T
26. 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T

Sweet T

Great, just great.  Now I have to buy a new TV, surround sound, XBox and the game.   ;)
No, it ain't a Hemi.....thank God!

Brock Samson

those would be some great screen savers got any of the charger?.

Forza

Yeah I heard about the game a couple months ago, cant wait to see it on my TV. :D

Sabre

Quote from: Brock Samson on September 13, 2007, 09:45:14 PM
those would be some great screen savers got any of the charger?.

Not yet, but when they release some new screens with the Charger I'll post them.

miller

i have been crossing my fingers that they would put the charger in it, horrray!

2005 Harley Davidson 1200 Sportster Custom - Maggie
2012 370Z NISMO - Courtney
1979 Corvette L-82 - Lilly
1969 Dodge Charger R/T Clone - Vanessa

miller

i found this on the isrc message boards

bull

Well, if the ricer kids never see the cars in person at least they'll see them in video games and movies. Looks like some very accurate detailing on those cars.

Sabre

Silver R/T

Ive played NFS games and they all seem crappy, I mean cars dont handle realistically at all. Graphics looks pretty good on this one. I need to try it out before I buy it. Forza 2 has been best driving game for xbox so far.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

bordin34

Need for Speed Carbon had a Challenger, Cuda, Challenger and New Challenger.

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

Silver R/T

Quote from: bordin34 on October 13, 2007, 10:54:23 PM

not worth playing imo
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

bordin34

Carbon was a terrible game. Very bad game play and way too easy.

Mahwah,NJ

pettybird

The game is pretty cool.  I'm playing on PC, and you have the option of buying your very own tanklike Charger immediately, if you wish...But just like Carbon, it's about as useful as a fork in a soup kitchen.  I eventually had enough money in Carbon to buy one, and painted it Q5...  I'll probably do the same here.

There are a lot of customizing options in this game, like the last.  Body kits, spoilers, etc. actually do matter to the car--that's new.  Paint jobs are free, the autoscuplt body is free, and any set of aftermarket rims can be modded for diameter, dish and tire width free, as many times as you like.  Also new is damage, which is total BS because the AI cars don't deviate from their lines, ever.  So, you'll win $1500 in a race and spend $1100-2500 to fix the damn car. 

ALL racing takes place on closed courses with (well, you) driving.  That's ok, I guess, but I REALLY liked underground/carbon's free roam modes, and loved how underground/2 were at night.  All races take place on spotlessly shiny, bright days, in an almost X-games setting.  Whatever name you choose, your character is Ryan Cooper, a former street racer who the announcer in the background CANNOT stop raving about.  Seriously, like get-a-room cheers for you.  Fortunately, you can shut him up in the audio settings.

The "bling" factor is gone, too, and that's awesome.  No more neon kits and crap as objectives.  Heck, the car can remain bone stock looking, or add tint/pearl paint/sick rims, and no one cares.  Your first car, provided for you, is an early 90's 240SX.  The first real race you win nets you an '07 Cobalt SS drag car (you MUST choose the purpose of the car at time of purchase--you can't convert one to another mode of racing.)  A few races later you win an '06-7 GTO drift car.  The only car I've bought is a Subaru WRX STi, which is quick and is AWD, and is used for "grip" racing (AKA normal people racing.)  If you never up the power level (grip and aero mods are free, though) you'll most likely have just as much success with the base 240--the competition gets harder, but it gets a LOT harder when you've got a lightly modded car with more-but-not-a-lot power.

Horsepower numbers are meaningless.  Kinda weird, but I can trailer 550+HP rear drive cars in the Cobalt, which has 352, and beat 900+HP Challengers in my 204HP 240sx on the road course.  Silly. 

Overall I really like the game, but I really like the whole Need for Speed series, too. 

miller

the game is generally quite fun... but i was surprised at how hard the drag race mode was, when they eliminated the traffic and objects i thought it was going to be a breeze... but trying to get the revs at the right level and then shift at exactly the right time theres a lot to pay attention to.. particularly when the controls are so fussy (my ps2 control barley moves the analog stick and the revs go to the max) i bought the charger (how couldn't you) and it is currently stomping all of the competition in drag mode, one downside is the each car and only be tuned to do one thing, so you cant use the charger in ever competition... only the style that you set if for...

SeattleCharger

Quote from: Silver R/T on October 14, 2007, 12:17:03 AM
Quote from: bordin34 on October 13, 2007, 10:54:23 PM

not worth playing imo

need for speed carbon is great IMO, the car handling is not real life exactly probably, as I haven't driven most of them, but there is a big difference in each car in game, handling, torque, horsepower, top speed, acceration, grip (understeer, oversteer), drift, breaking, etc. that matches what you might expect from each car, the graphics are great, choice of tracks, cars, opponents cars, etc.,  try the quick race section if you haven't, this new game graphics are amazing, going to buy this new game for sure,

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

Rack

The only NFS game I ever liked was Most Wanted. That game was fun and got the adrenaline flowing. Just "Racing" doesn't really do it for me. Racing then trying to lose 30 vette-cops.... yeah, that's fun.

SeattleCharger

Quote from: Rack on December 03, 2007, 06:59:49 AM
The only NFS game I ever liked was Most Wanted. That game was fun and got the adrenaline flowing. Just "Racing" doesn't really do it for me. Racing then trying to lose 30 vette-cops.... yeah, that's fun.

heh    :2thumbs:     ya, that is fun,  NFS Carbon does have free roam mode over massive map, as your heat goes up, more and more cops go for ya, couple big hummer type suv's join in and try to hit you head on at high speeds,  3 or 4 different pursuit models of cars, they put down spike strips and road blocks, if you hit one of the strips, you are done shortly after,  there are ways to avoid the strips usually by bashing throught the cars at high speed that are next to the strips, it keeps count of damage you are doing to city, how many cars you have rammed, how many you have dissabled,

I didn't know about Most Wanted, that sounds cool,  about what time/year is that game from?  Carbon was released a year ago? or two now? can't remember.
      thanks

Rack

Quote from: SeattleChargerDog on December 03, 2007, 09:32:58 AM

heh    :2thumbs:     ya, that is fun,  NFS Carbon does have free roam mode over massive map, as your heat goes up, more and more cops go for ya, couple big hummer type suv's join in and try to hit you head on at high speeds,  3 or 4 different pursuit models of cars, they put down spike strips and road blocks, if you hit one of the strips, you are done shortly after,  there are ways to avoid the strips usually by bashing throught the cars at high speed that are next to the strips, it keeps count of damage you are doing to city, how many cars you have rammed, how many you have dissabled,

I didn't know about Most Wanted, that sounds cool,  about what time/year is that game from?  Carbon was released a year ago? or two now? can't remember.
      thanks

Most Wanted came out the year before Carbon.

It's the same as Carbon (spike strips, choppers, SUVs, corvettes, etc...) chasing you but all the cop chases are directly related to the goal of the game. It's not just a random thing that can occur while racing someone else.

I loved the Charger in Carbon, but I hated that it handled like a tank. With all of today's modern technology, you can make a charger handle a lot better then that game gave it credit for. Hell I could barely drive that thing in a straight line much less actually make a turn. And I hated that it was strictly a "night" game. Most Wanted is strictly day time. My preference would be to have realtime "lighting" (daylight and nighttime) but if I am to have one or the other, I'd rather have daytime.

It's an AWESOME game. You should pick it up.

Reidar

Doing a 402 meter wheelie in a matte-black -69 Charger = GREAT GAME!  :2thumbs:
My best 1/4 time is 7.62.

I really like Pro Street. Only negative I can say is that sometimes there are no tree on the strip so its hard to get good reactiontimes!

:Twocents:

Reidar

SeattleCharger

Quote from: Rack on December 05, 2007, 02:50:43 AM
Quote from: SeattleChargerDog on December 03, 2007, 09:32:58 AM

thanks

Most Wanted came out the year before Carbon.

It's the same as Carbon (spike strips, choppers, SUVs, corvettes, etc...) chasing you but all the cop chases are directly related to the goal of the game. It's not just a random thing that can occur while racing someone else.

I loved the Charger in Carbon, but I hated that it handled like a tank. With all of today's modern technology, you can make a charger handle a lot better then that game gave it credit for. Hell I could barely drive that thing in a straight line much less actually make a turn. And I hated that it was strictly a "night" game. Most Wanted is strictly day time. My preference would be to have realtime "lighting" (daylight and nighttime) but if I am to have one or the other, I'd rather have daytime.

It's an AWESOME game. You should pick it up.

are you talking about the 69 R/T or the SRT8?     I know what you mean, the 69 was ok handling for what it was, but that SRT8, even fully modified, did handle like crap,     the Viper was so wicked fast, but you were sliding around a lot, I did best with the subaru, lancer, or viper.   Not counting the bonus cars that get unlocked after you beat darius, like his audi, that thing drives so well figured he isn't the best driver,  but in the career I tried a million time to beat him with the concept challenger and could get within a split second at fifth race, but couldn't do it, finally beat him with the lancer, sort of lame, oh well, it came down to handling in the last race.  I would expect the vette or viper to handle better than they did in the game also,

bordin34

Sounds like a good game. I am going to download the demo on PS3.

Mahwah,NJ

J-440

You guys haven't seen anything yet.  Wait until Gran Turismo 5 comes out summer of 08... a bitchin' game!!  Over 500 cars, hell maybe even 1000 with the PS3's capabilities.  Musclecars, exotics, and even the stupid little fart cars will be there.  Screen shots have over 15 cars on the track at once, realtime damage, realtime tracks (Daytona included!!) and pit crews everywhere.  And by the time the game hits the stores the PS3 will be down to (hopefully) 300 bucks.  My wife is going to be pissed.
68 R/T, 440/727 6-speed, SC G-machine...black suede

bordin34

I just downloaded the game and the camera angle is the worst I have ever seen in any game ever.

Mahwah,NJ

SeattleCharger

Quote from: Reidar on December 05, 2007, 02:18:52 PM
Doing a 402 meter wheelie in a matte-black -69 Charger = GREAT GAME!  :2thumbs:
My best 1/4 time is 7.62.

I really like Pro Street. Only negative I can say is that sometimes there are no tree on the strip so its hard to get good reactiontimes!

:Twocents:

Reidar

Went to buy game tonight but the store didn't have it for pc, gonna try another store tomorrow.
   So are there different catagories?  like street, drift, drag?  do you build a different car for each part?   like your drag car, did you win races and make cash and do upgrades?   is the 7.62 with the top tricked out mods?  thanks, Nate