News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Locating past history of your new, old car (69 Charger)

Started by 1969chargerrtse, September 12, 2007, 08:21:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

Hello everyone, My name is Rob and I just picked up a 69 Charger RT/SE.  One of the codes on the fender tag is J45, I would love to trace the cars past history, hoping to find pictures or paperwork of the car with hood pins as they are now gone.  The rugs, seats, and headliner were replaced.  My only hope is for the build sheet to be on top of the glove box from what I've been reading.  Any great ideas out there on how to find past history.   Also I need to add the SE vinyl top, I see the inner stainless chrome on ebay used for almost 200.00 . Is anyone aware of these shorter pieces being reproduced yet?  I'm thrilled to be a part of this site, hope to make new friends soon.  I would love to meet other 69 Charger owners in CT.  I haven't recieved it yet as it's in transit.  Here's a picture of the shipping company giving it the once over, and it better come to me just as nice.  Many thanks.  Rob.    
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

1969chargerrtse

Thanks, I'm thrilled to be here.  I've been a GM guy all my life and I'm 51.  But I've wanted a 69 Charger since I stood in the Dodge showroom in 69.  I don't have my car yet, but I feel like I'm home. I'm a Mopar man, and it feels great.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

chargerman68

1968 CHARGER R/T CLONELOOKING FOR ANOTHER PROJECT 69-70 CHARGER SHELL

DodgeChargerNeeded

HEY Looks like you stole my car. I better go make sure its still there.  :coolgleamA:
Jeff

1969chargerrtse

DodgeChargerNeeded

Jeff

69bronzeT5

Beuatiful looking cars guys!!! Im still trying to find out some past history on my car. Contacted the second owner, said he would mail us pics of it back in the 80s..they never came. I contacted the dealership where Im about 90% sure it was sold new, they dont have files going that far back. Good luck in your search. Cheers, Cody :cheers:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Brock Samson

yeah hello Rob,
i'm much the same having wanted a '69 R/T S.E. since i first saw one in a showroom too...

BTW I'd leave the V. Top Off,.. that looks KILLER! and is very rare, S.E. didn't all have them,..
I assume it was coded for one?..   Congrats!  :cheers: and welcome!

dkn1997

I found my buildsheet in the springs of the back of the back seat.  I also found the history of my car by writing to the North Carolina DMV. they gave me a ton of stuff, even the shipping papers from the factory to the dealer. pretty amazing.  all copies, but who cares....
RECHRGED

chargerman68

Quote from: dkn1997 on September 13, 2007, 05:53:35 PM
I found my buildsheet in the springs of the back of the back seat.  I also found the history of my car by writing to the North Carolina DMV. they gave me a ton of stuff, even the shipping papers from the factory to the dealer. pretty amazing.  all copies, but who cares....

great to hear that the dmv actually did something helpful....
1968 CHARGER R/T CLONELOOKING FOR ANOTHER PROJECT 69-70 CHARGER SHELL

Just 6T9 CHGR

Welcome to the site Rob!  I recognize the car now.  We discussed the J45 through email when you registered the car.  I wouldn't touch a thing on that beauty  :cheers:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

dkn1997

Quote from: chargerman68 on September 13, 2007, 06:59:01 PM
Quote from: dkn1997 on September 13, 2007, 05:53:35 PM

great to hear that the dmv actually did something helpful....

total chance too. I had no idea where the car came from when I bought it, but I found (in '94) an early 80's NC inspection receipt. this was before the internet hit big.  I just got an address for the dmv and wrote a letter.  they wrote back to send them 10 bucks. I did and got the motherload!!  looks like it was copies of microfiche...anyone remember that?

I am the 4th owner.  I obviousely talked to the 3rd when I bought the car.  I also talked to 2 out of the 3 previous.  could not get the original owner, but I have her name.  I think she may be dead.
RECHRGED

Brock Samson

tan top

hello & welcome ,  :cheers:  awesome looking charger :yesnod:

Quote from: Brock Samson on September 13, 2007, 09:58:47 PM
yeah (alot) more pics please!  :drool5:
:yesnod:        :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

dodgecharger-fan

Welcome! Beautiful car.

I'm not in CT but that's where my car came from.

Good call going to Cali to get yours. CT weather and roads are not kind to sheetmetal and frame rails.

Ghoste

You say the hood pins are long gone, you do plan to replace them right?  It's your car of course, but it's kind of a rare option on Chargers and  a cool one as well.

Ghoste

Well, I hope you find the info you're looking but even if you don't, you still have a fantastic looking car there.  :yesnod:

learical1

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on September 21, 2007, 09:43:14 AMI hope to find the hood has patches were the pins should of been. 

Hood may have been replaced.  Look for holes in the radiator support for the pins.  Much less likely to have been replaced.
Bruce