News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I Don't Usually Watch Oprah......

Started by lumpy, September 12, 2007, 06:36:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lumpy

Did anyone else see the Oprah show tonight with the lady who shot her husband? :2guns:

beedees

:2guns: :2guns: :2guns: :2guns: Oprah give her a medal or something?

Spike

Stop right there and turn in your man card... :smash:

Mike DC

My brother met Oprah for a minute or two last month when his employer (a production company) was shooting some footage for her show.  He said it was absolutely surreal to be looking at her walking out of the green room in person, and then 15 seconds later she walks back into view on the television monitor on the shelf.

And apparently all the girls who work there at that studio for the Oprah show are total hotties.

BigBlackDodge

Quote from: Spike on September 12, 2007, 08:42:13 PM

It's not a card that must be turned in.................... :o

BBD

lumpy

Hey, I guess I had that coming!! Anyway, you guys know the story of that lady that shot her preacher husband in the back of the head with the shotgun? Turns out the guy just wanted the house clean and to have sex with his wife, so she shot him in the head. WTF????

Mean 318

I saw it on Today and she is a b***h! there is a place in hell just for her!

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Spike on September 12, 2007, 08:42:13 PM

:smilielol:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Orange_Crush

Quote from: lumpy on September 13, 2007, 07:18:15 PM
Hey, I guess I had that coming!! Anyway, you guys know the story of that lady that shot her preacher husband in the back of the head with the shotgun? Turns out the guy just wanted the house clean and to have sex with his wife, so she shot him in the head. WTF????

My wife's aunt's first husband was like that.  Nicest guy in the world when she married her...then got verbally abusive with her...then, after a couple of years, he started slapping her around.  She put up with it for a few years.  The beatings got worse and worse.  Finally, she waited for him with a shotgun, he opened the front door and she ventilated him.  She was acquitted.  In Texas of all places...in 1962!

Good riddance to bad rubbish as far as I'm concerned.
I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

Mean 318

Quote from: Orange_Crush on September 13, 2007, 09:35:39 PM

My wife's aunt's first husband was like that.  Nicest guy in the world when she married her...then got verbally abusive with her...then, after a couple of years, he started slapping her around.  She put up with it for a few years.  The beatings got worse and worse.  Finally, she waited for him with a shotgun, he opened the front door and she ventilated him.  She was acquitted.  In Texas of all places...in 1962!

I can understand that to a point, but this chick was so full of it she had to plug her ears to keep it all in!

Orange_Crush

Quote from: Mean 318 on September 13, 2007, 09:39:55 PM
Quote from: Orange_Crush on September 13, 2007, 09:35:39 PM

I can understand that to a point, but this chick was so full of it she had to plug her ears to keep it all in!

I didn't watch the interview.  I have done some reading on the case.  You never know what goes on behind closed doors.  I'm not saying she was justified...there are a lot of crazy women out there.
I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

Mean 318

I know what you are saying! I wasn't there so I cant get too outspoken. Wife beaters piss me off too :flame:

lumpy

I don't think it had anything to do with him beating her. I'm not even sure if he even did lay a hand on her. She said he was rude and degrading and was never satisfied and wanted nontraditional sex.  You really had to see the interveiw. I haven't been able to find it on the web. He was only 31 years old, and I think they had 2 or 3 little kids, pretty sad story. I think it gives reason for any unhappy wife out there to just go ahead and off their husband just because they are not happy?? I'm glad I don't have a gun in my house !!

Orange_Crush

I never said it did (the transcript of the interview is on the Oprah winfrey website). 

For reasons I won't go into here, I have done a lot of research into battered women (though I prefer eating mine plain :icon_smile_big: kidding) and 9 times out of ten it starts out like what she describes.  Nice charming guy prone to fits of rage and verbal abuse and then progresses to physical abuse.  Many times, this is also accompanied by "forced" sexual situations, etc.   Its a pattern that fits.  Does this justify her blowing him away?  Probably not...but you have to remember that, for whatever reason...threats of physical retribution, low self esteem from constant verbal "beatdowns," Monetary situation, fear of being looked down on,  the women often feel trapped anbd can't "just leave."  As I said before, this doesn't mean that I believe her 100%...I'm just giving you an insight.

The law would probably not have been so lenient with her had this not fit into a pattern.