News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

High Performance Hybreds:

Started by Brock Samson, September 26, 2005, 08:08:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brock Samson

Troy

It's a shame that the only picture is from about 200 yards away...

$185k when finished and how exactly does a professor get to own the rights to sell it? Normally educators have to give up the rights to the University. Hmmm.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Brock Samson

Vainglory, Esq.

Troy - I just read about the patent thing for profs recently.  Apparently, the contract signed with universities and professors allows the university sole discretion on whether to take the patent for itself or allow the professor to keep it.  This does not mean it automatically goes to the university.  I wouldn't think it happens like this often, but apparently this time, the university decided to forego its right to the patent.

High performance hybrids, by the way, seem to be coming whether we like it or not, but for my money, there still ain't nothing like 8 coffee-can cylinders sucking down pure high-test. :icon_smile_big:

Troy

I think it depends on the school as well (meaning the contract itself varies). I own anything I create where I'm at but I thought that was far from ordinary when I first read it. All of the large universities seem to hang on to those patents and any other intellectual property. Maybe it's an exclusive or shared agreement?

It seems like all the torque on that car is produced by the electric motors. The conventional part is just a VW diesel with a whopping 40 horsepower set up for biodiesel. Judging by the weight/design that thing won't pass any safety standards but concept cars are rarely practical. It's be fun to play in I suppose. For the price it would need to get about 700 mpg to pay for itself. :P

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Arthu®

Well I kind of like the idea, sure the old V8's are fun. But I kind of like everything that goes fast.

Arthur
Striving for world domination since 1986