News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Finally pulled the trigger...........redo of my '68

Started by Joshua, September 10, 2007, 09:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joshua

Quote from: PocketThunder on August 20, 2008, 03:14:01 PM
Your comming up on your resto's one year anniversary...   :o  I can see why you are getting anxious to drive it.  When i brought my '69 home i thought i would have it done in 2 years.  I'm going on 5 years this December.  :-\

Hey what is your radiator set up?  No more cooling problems i assume?

Arrrrgh....don't jinx me man! haha...yeah, close to a year apart...it's NEVER been not drivable for this long since '68. I'm jonesn' for a drive....I could just put some googles on and go for a quick trip around the block...it still runs and drives...hahahaha!

The radiator is a Griffen universal....I think @ $200. I welded aluminum angle to the tanks to mount it. The original radiator had thin cores and would get hot, and the aluminum was much cheaper than recoring it. Probably one of the best upgrades I've made. :2thumbs:

dads_69

Joshua, there have been a few other mopars popping up around here lately. Three of the chargers I once owned have made it to the streets again as well. I plan on going to the races in two weeks, I'll send you some pic's of what mopars that do race there still. At least your making some progress on yours.

Mark
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

Joshua

Quote from: WingCharger on August 20, 2008, 06:52:58 PM

How did you wreck, and were you hurt?!?

17 years old + first spring rain + drum brakes x inexperienced driver(me) - speeding = wrecked Charger..... :brickwall:

I was not hurt, but shook up....I was drag racing the car the following weekend, minus the hood. ;D Even got it on VHS...hahaha....it wasn't pretty.

Joshua

oldrock

Joshua

Nothing new really to report.....has it's really been 3 years????
Damn I'm a slacker.....
I took this car apart when my son was about a year old....he'll be 6 in May.....time flies.....

But here's a pic of the engine.....so it looks like I've done something....haha

djcarguy

i think ive seen your old rod, were ya at the ratrod show at that guys house way out Merridien few summers back??    do ya know ron my cousin in sumner has modal a's and a red 39 chevy coupe? iam in oregon but spend lots of time in graham and sumner.. neat that charger has been in ya family long time,all the best on build.DJ latter

Joshua

Yep.....that was Gary and Joyce's place....that was probably right before I sold my Modal A pu....
I was there striping.....
Not sure if I know Ron...I'd have to see his cars...haha

djcarguy

yea ther were 2 guy striping cars that day,,seems 1 was a black 32 coupe and other a 50es car,bigger car,been awhile. my family up there were heavy in circle track racing ,and old cars. uncle use to have 80 cars at his place with 4 sons,just out of sumner. iam looking to move up that way ,have family in graham and like the shows at grahams fair grounds,smaller and good to see cars twice.latter dj,ore.

Joshua

Startefd back on her...been side tracked with other projects....mostly hotrods and drag boats...lol. My son has really been on my ass to get Charger going... :lol:

JB400

fy469rtse

XS29L

Make that 2 yes votes on the Hemi A-body scoop!!    :2thumbs:    I got one for mine too.
MOPAR OR NO CAR !!

Joshua

I've actually started working on my car again...in spite of a nasty divorce and now no shop to work in. Cut off valance. And have new quarters and trunk floor on order.

MxRacer855

Quote from: Joshua on April 21, 2015, 04:08:20 PM
I've actually started working on my car again...in spite of a nasty divorce and now no shop to work in. Cut off valance. And have new quarters and trunk floor on order.

Sorry to hear about your troubles.

Looking forward to seeing the build move along!  :2thumbs:

:cheers:

Jeff

303 Mopar

Quote from: Joshua on April 21, 2015, 04:08:20 PM

Sorry to hear Joshua, been there done that and I aint going back.  There are many positives about being single again!  Like getting to work on your car when you want! :2thumbs:
1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

Joshua

Cutting out trunk...replacing out wheelhouses too...

cavemanno1

So you are not selling her after all and have started to fix her up,good on you!  :2thumbs:

Joshua

Trunk floor installed and test fitting valance..

Joshua

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Joshua

Still working on her. Moved into a place with a shop...but now so busy painting other peoples stuff...lol.
Car has been primed and blocked. In second phase of primer.
Photos suck to load here....I'll try to resize later.

garner7555

Even if progress is slower than you like, at least you still have the car and you are getting closer to paint!  Great news!   :2thumbs:
69 Charger 440 resto-mod