News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

stock 360 exhaust manifolds

Started by alfanta, September 10, 2007, 09:54:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfanta

do all of the exhaust manifolds that look like this belong to 360 motors? Im looking at pulling one from an old truck out of a junk yard (old 74 powerwagon) but the grime and accessories are making it difficult to see if it is a 360 block. It has a 2bbl carb, and looks bigger than my 318, but I cant actually tell b/c of all the accessories on it right now.

chargerbr549

I can't tell you for sure on the exhaust manifolds but if you look at the vibration dampner on the front there should be an external weight on it for a 360 because they are externally balanced and the 318 won't have an extra weight on the front, it should be basically smooth all the way around, some of the newer 360's instead of a having an external weight they removed alot of material from one side of the dampner to accomplish the same thing. Like you said the carb for the 360 two barrell is alot bigger than the 318 one, I think by 74 they used a gold anadized Holley carb and the older ones were a natural aluminum Carter.

alfanta

oh duh :brickwall:, I donno why i didnt think of that. thanks. Ill go check it out.