News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My trip over to the "Dark Side"

Started by Just 6T9 CHGR, September 10, 2007, 07:55:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just 6T9 CHGR

After wanting a classic Mopar convertible for some time now, I've finally come to the conclusion that I can not afford one!  :RantExplode:  :shruggy:

Soooo...I have ventured over to the side of the affordable, moderate performance convertible in the flavor of Ford Mustang.

I have already gotten my fair share of these  :slap:  and  :pity: and  :nana: and  :smilielol: so no more please ;)

After looking at about 8 "prospects" I came upon this ride.  I was predominately looking at the LX model, thinking they would be less abused than the GT model but was I wrong!

Its a 92 GT auto with 60k miles on it.   It has new paint, new leather seats, new trans, new stereo system, new alarm system, new exhaust, new brakes etc.
The color is Deep Emerald Green, white leather interior & a black top.  This is the original color to the car.  The pearl white stripe was added as well as the Saleen spoiler (which isnt really my cup of tea but its growing on me)

I bought this car with the intention of doing "nothing" to the car & leaving it stock  :rofl:  I already put in a 3.73 rear to replace the stock 2.73's  man what a difference!

Driving with the top down on a beautiful night is an experience in its own.  My 2 girls love the car.....my wife doesn't like her hair getting messed up  ::)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

histoy

That's a nice looking ride and should provide some enjoyable cruisin for your family.

Chris G.

Yee-Haw, I have seen it up close and it's a pretty sweet ride. He tells me he even gets thumbs up. :o

Mark your date buddy! It's party time twice this year in Carlisle.  :cheers:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Old Moparz

Nice car Chris, the GT's are a blast to drive. My wife had a 1988 hatchback with the 5.0 & a 5 speed.   :cheers:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

RJS

Yep I've seen the car once or twice and it is SWEET!!!  :drool5: So is the driver!!!  :pity: Anyway it was a no-brainer after the loads that people were trying to sell him. :brickwall: Hey he drives it so much the cover has been permanetly attached to the Charger :nana:  Ron

Back N Black

Looks Sharp,always liked that body style Mustang. :2thumbs:

bull

Will it do 10 seconds in the 1/4 like Silver's Mustang?

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Brock Samson

should'a cut the top off the R/T..  :lol: i bet you've heard that before too..  :icon_smile_wink:

nh_mopar_fan

Nice ride.

Been a ragtop guy for 20 years now, 2 Lebarons and now on my second Sebring.

Tell the wife to get a hair thingy, uh, scrunchie,  is what my wife calls them.

HITMAN 149

good luck chris!! and sorta congrats!!! LOL  i had an 88 GT 5 sp. when i was a 22 year old punk!!! now i'm just a 36 year old punk!! hahaha
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

Charger_Fan

I don't mind the Saleen wing, but that huge stripe is a little overkill for my taste. Good lookin' car though! :cheers: Is it a stick shift?

I've got a convertible 'Stang too, a red '84 302/5-speed. They're definitely fun summertime cruising toys. :yesnod:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on September 10, 2007, 12:57:06 PM
I don't mind the Saleen wing, but that huge stripe is a little overkill for my taste. Good lookin' car though! :cheers: Is it a stick shift?

I've got a convertible 'Stang too, a red '84 302/5-speed. They're definitely fun summertime cruising toys. :yesnod:

Nope its a granny AOD...woke the car up with the 3.73's though

Quote from: PocketThunder on September 10, 2007, 10:11:15 AM
what do you mean there are no affordable mopar convertibles????  :shruggy:

http://www.murrayco.com/Car_Collection/1994_chrysler_lebaron_convert.html

Notice in my orig post I said 'vert with moderate performance ;)  No offence NH.... :thumbs:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

68chrgrwife

MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

nh_mopar_fan

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on September 10, 2007, 02:11:53 PM
Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on September 10, 2007, 12:57:06 PM

Nope its a granny AOD...woke the car up with the 3.73's though

Quote from: PocketThunder on September 10, 2007, 10:11:15 AM
what do you mean there are no affordable mopar convertibles????  :shruggy:

http://www.murrayco.com/Car_Collection/1994_chrysler_lebaron_convert.html

Notice in my orig post I said 'vert with moderate performance ;)  No offence NH.... :thumbs:

None taken. That car is doing 150mi a day. I live with the V6 mileage.

Lowprofile

Nice ride Chris! Looks Like you'll have lots of fun w/that Pony Car. And the aftermarket parts availability for that ride is unreal compared to Mopars!  :2thumbs: :cheers:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

chargerman68

1968 CHARGER R/T CLONELOOKING FOR ANOTHER PROJECT 69-70 CHARGER SHELL

Mean 318

That looks damn clean! Nice ride, as far as fords go ;)       :cheers:

BMOTOXSTAR

I know what you mean. A drop top Mopar is something that I may never be able to afford. I would do the same. I bet that ride is quick. :2thumbs:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

bigroge1

:2thumbs: don't feel bad lol,  the first car that got me into racing was a 5.0 mustang so i pretty much reSpect ford, chevy, and mostly dodge but not the other breed [rice]

mopar goddess

NHCharger

Pretty clean and sharp looking for a ford, I mean a 92. Was it a local find?

Darryl, good to see you got the bullseye erased off your car :D
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Silver R/T

Quote from: bull on September 10, 2007, 10:02:14 AM
Will it do 10 seconds in the 1/4 like Silver's Mustang?

Probably not but with Procharger and a few other mods it will probably do
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Mean 318

Quote from: Silver R/T
it won't stand a chance against my Cobra  :hah:
Its a Cobra  :rofl:

472 R/T SE

Beat me to it Curtis.  ;)  With Chris we know any performance claims will be believable.

Congrats Chris.  It looks like you would have to be a contortionist to get in the backseat with those front seat shoulder belts.  :o 
Nice lookin' Pherd.  Vert's are definitely memorable rides.   The wife misses ours more than any other ride we've had.