News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Alaska Outdoor Fun pictures

Started by AKcharger, September 09, 2007, 03:56:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AKcharger

Went out 4 wheeling and camping, just wanted to show you "lower 48" people what you were missing.

Here's some shots of Moparsuebear® and I four wheeling out to Knik glacier. It's about 25 miles noth of Anchorage and a 20 mile ride from the trail head, mostly flat with a few stream crossings. Was rainy but that's about normal Oh the ice was melter due to "Global Warming" :icon_smile_big:

AKcharger

Here's a camping trip to "Red Shirt Lake" it's about 60 miles north of Anchorage and a 3 mile hike through the woods then a mile canoe trip to the public use cabins. We dragged the kids with us, good Pike fishing!

400/6/PAC

TruckDriver

Nice pics Bill. I wouldn't mind living up there if it wasn't so cold in the winter.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Really?

Got abit of family out there in the Anchorage, Wasilla, and Seward areas...not to mention SE Alaska. Use to purse seine out of Ketchikan w/my Uncle Ole when I was a teenager. It was fun, not to mention beautiful and dangerous as hell at times :2thumbs:.

2fast4u

looks like a blast!  :2thumbs:   The wife and I are talking about going to Alaska sometime for a vacation!  When we do, it's going to be a two week trip to really enjoy it! 

2fast
DODGE CHARGER--Fuel for Living!

AKcharger

Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on September 09, 2007, 09:51:25 AM
Nice pics Bill. I wouldn't mind living up there if it wasn't so cold in the winter.

WHAT? you live is Wisconsin and your tell me it's too cold? This is a secret...just between us ;) this winter look at the temps for your area then Anchorage, we rarely go below zero due to the Pacific ocean and the Alaska range behind us. Now Fairbanks and the interior, THAT is a diffrent story.

2 Fast, if you make it up let me know and I'll be sure to hook you up withthe "real" cool stuff to do!

nh_mopar_fan

That's really beautiful country.

I have a t-shirt somewhere that says "If you can't handle winter, you don't deserve summer..."

dads_69

Hey, a few of us ride our dirt bikes/4 wheelers every weekend there. Crossed to first three rivers headed back to Glacier last weekend also, got kind of deep first river, but made it on my wr450f luckilly. My 450 quad can make it, but it needs help in a few spots as you know. Great photos Bill. Seen a black bear last weekend on a back trail, chased his ass outta' there, ha-ha......
Mark
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

AKcharger

Cool, I'll have to track you down somtime Mark and see your car

71ChallengeHer

Beautiful pics. Looks like a great time. I'd love to go there some day.

bull

Cool, looks like you had fun up there.

BTW, I gotta ask again because I never got an answer. Are you really serious about this UPC save the chickens business?

AKcharger

Quote from: bull on September 11, 2007, 10:53:30 PM
Cool, looks like you had fun up there.

BTW, I gotta ask again because I never got an answer. Are you really serious about this UPC save the chickens business?

No No...I tried to find the most ridiculous banner I could find (and not be controversial) and a Chicken rights organization is the best I could do. tell you the truth, I forgot it was there!

bull

I have gotten so used to it that I never paid it much attention either but for some reason it caught my eye again. I asked you about it before but I don't think you saw the question. Just wondering. You didn't really seem like a "chicken activist" but I had to ask. ;D