News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1 of 1 due to no block stamp???

Started by runninhorn, September 08, 2007, 06:22:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

y3chargerrt

What does this mean????       The Double - Headed - Penny - Block:            :shruggy:

Chris G.

Is this the same guy who was asking like 100K for the car a couple weeks ago? Seems he has come down on price, but I'm sure the reserve is over 50K. Another wasted auction. I can only imagine the emails he has gotten.  :lol:

runninhorn

dukeboy_318

if it is unstamped, i'd like to see some kind of proff if there is any
1978 Dodge Power Wagon W200 4x4- 408 stroker/4spd
1974 Dodge Dart Swinger. 440 project in the works.

bull

Seems like the guy did offer some documentation as to the proof of this oddity last time it was on Ebay and he seemed to be pushing that feature a lot more this time than last. The thing I don't get is how it makes the car more valuable than the next '68 R/T. RTPTRON up in Washington has the only known '68 R/T (at least in the dc.com circle of Charger owners) with a non-remote mirror on the drivers side and a matching non-remote on the passengers side. All the other '68s that have two mirrors have the large remote on the drivers side and the matching large non-remote mirror on the passengers side. By all accounts Ron believes it came that way from the factory. Does that make his car worth more than the next '68 R/T? I don't really think so, and I don't think he thinks so. It's kind of a cool quirk but I don't really believe it's going to make someone pay a couple thousand more for the car. He's got a helluva nice paint job on the car though and to me that's more valuable than a block with no numbers or an extra mirror. People will say what they want you to hear if it will make them more money. Who knows, maybe someone will get all excited about it and pay him twice what it's worth but I don't think he'll find that particular sucker.

rav440

Quote from: y3chargerrt on September 08, 2007, 06:28:03 PM
What does this mean????       The Double - Headed - Penny - Block:            :shruggy:

im guessig hes making a referance to a penny the was minted with a head on both sides . this one of one crap is geting way out of had . no numders on a motor means WARRANTY block to me i dont give a ratsass who documented it .  :icon_smile_dissapprove:
1973 PLYMOUTH road runner GTX

Brock Samson

i'm confused  :shruggy:  it's a '69 R/T, with a lot of stuff wrong with it.. too many in fact to be asking that much... lousy pics,.. what '68 side mirrors are you speaking of?.. it's got alot of '68 parts on it... no where near nice enuff to be asking a premium price for. seems alot of info and pics were purposly left out,.. a pic of the dash for example?... the only option is A/C?..  :scratchchin:

The70RT

To bad it came without undercoating. I bet all the metal is pretty thin by looking at how bad the surface rust is................pretty minuscule description. :-\
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

dkn1997

from what I read in his description, it has vin stampings for the car, but no casting numbers.  I don't know how that's possible, aren't the casting numbers cast in when the block is poured? 
RECHRGED

The70RT

Something about two right side castings were used?
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

runninhorn

he says he can prove all his claims to its rareness if you call him, but he refuses to post it on ebay. riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, smells like BS to me.

Hemidoug

What a Jack Off.....68 Vin on a 69 car....how the F does that make it one of one! If the VIN doesn't match the car...it's Bull Crap. What a complete putz.....whoever buys that BS line deserves to over pay for it. Now I've heard it all.......... :brickwall: :RantExplode: :no: :mad: :rant: :pullinghair: :2guns: :blahblah: :icon_bs: :image_294343: :cussing: :smash:
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

pettybird

so it's a D440HP?  because if it's a factory 1-of-1 car with no date code, it's non numbers matching.  OR is he saying the top pad is blank?  i've got a '72 440 new yorker motor sitting here that'd be top pad delete in about 3 minutes with a high speed sander.  want to buy my one of one?

OK!

so, who would have taken the numbers off?  maybe it's an old world of wheels show motor or something and they wanted a smooth look to the sides of the block? 

NO fender tag
NO broadcast sheet
NO detail of engine numbers
NO SOUP FOR YOU.

by the way, I document that my cat is 1 of 1.  and i'm a cat expert 'cause i have one.  try and prove me wrong.  go ahead.  do it.

Ghoste

He doesn't want to catch all the fish, just one.  And sadly, someone will eventually take his bait.   :P