News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Which intake to put on my 440 stroker..?

Started by Marck, September 11, 2007, 06:10:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marck

Hey guys...

Shopping around for intake for my 440 stroker.. Stroking it to 511... Not for race, just for an evil cruiser...

I've allready got an Holley street Dominator, but I've been told that it will  not be the best solution for me...

Any thoughts...?

Been looking at the Edelbrock Performer RPM intake instead, what are your thoughts on that intake...?

Also, what kind of carburator should I go for...? Been recommended an Demon 850CFM, but can't seem to find it anywhere...? :shruggy:

Would like to put my business with yearone or summitracing, since I'm allready ordering some other stuff from them...

Thanks..

Marck

firefighter3931

Quote from: Marck on September 11, 2007, 06:10:38 AM
I've allready got an Holley street Dominator, but I've been told that it will  not be the best solution for me...

Marck

Who told you that ? Why did they say it was a bad choice ? For a street/strip stroker the SD would be my first  choice.

A holley 950dp HP series or a proform 950hp would be my choice for a carb.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Marck

Quote from: firefighter3931 on September 11, 2007, 06:40:26 AM
Quote from: Marck on September 11, 2007, 06:10:38 AM

Marck

Who told you that ? Why did they say it was a bad choice ? For a street/strip stroker the SD would be my first  choice.

A holley 950dp HP series or a proform 950hp would be my choice for a carb.

Ron

Hi Ron..

Funny enough, a danish supplier told me that... He was maybe trying to sell me more stuff...  :shruggy: He told me that it would suck the gas out of the tank faster that I could fill it...

I'll take a look at those carbs..

Thanks a lot...

firefighter3931

Your "supplier" must be confusing a dominator carb with the street dominator intake manifold.  :brickwall: I hope he isn't building your engine !  :o

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Marck

Quote from: firefighter3931 on September 11, 2007, 07:25:12 AM
Your "supplier" must be confusing a dominator carb with the street dominator intake manifold.  :brickwall: I hope he isn't building your engine !  :o

Ron

He isn't.. I'm not made of money...  :icon_smile_wink:

That Holley carb you told me about, where can I get it...? Tried doing a search on both yearone, and summitracing, but nothing came up...  :shruggy:

Challenger340

I'll second the "street Dominator" motion, they are an awesome Intake for your application.
Only wimps wear Bowties !

Joshua

I'd say an M-1 single plane IF you didn't already have the Street Dominator intake, but since you do, I'd use it......good intakes!
As for carbs, the 800 EPS Edelbrock works nice on AT cars with stock convertors, Holley 850 DP's, Holley HP's in 750-950 or even a 750 Dominator on an adaptor. Personally, I'd NEVER buy a carb from Barry Grant (Demons)....Bad past experience :RantExplode:

Marck

Thanks guys...

This is really valuable info I'm getting here...

Really appreciate it...

Marck