News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Personalized Plates

Started by 69bronzeT5, September 07, 2007, 11:53:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Sugar

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b

resq302

Quote from: Chris G. on September 10, 2007, 08:44:16 AM
Quote from: bordin34 on September 09, 2007, 05:11:57 PM
Hitman, do you know if I can use plates from the 60's on my car? They failed my dad for having beat up plates and would like to restore and use them on my car.

Do yourself a favor and get QQ plates for your car. Heck, try getting QQUHX830. With QQ you have no worries, no inspection, registration every...oh I forgot, but it's a long time. You can even rock one of your dads old plates on the front as a nice tribute.

As far as law enforcement goes for the NJ historic QQ plates..... the QQ plates give you self inspection meaning that you still can get pulled over for failure to make repairs if your car is loud, blowing out different colored smoke out the exhaust, be it blue, gray, or black, your car has a fender hanging off of it and it is deemed unsafe, etc.  The QQ plates are also a one time fee and are renewable every 3 years at no charge (unless the state catches on to this).  The QQ historic plates are for vehicles that will not be driven as every day cars, but the law does not say you can drive them every other day or drive a "different" QQ registered car every day.  QQ historic plates in NJ also only require one plate to be attached to the vehicle at the rear of the car, even though the state sends you two, you only need one.  I have copies of the Title 39 motor vehicle laws if anyone from NJ needs a copy, I usually keep one in my car in case a newby cop decides to try and think he knows better and claims you need both plates on the car with QQ plates. :hah:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

HITMAN 149

don't worry brian.....
we'll just figure out something else to give you a couple of tickets to make up for the plates!!! LOL!!!!!!! :icon_smile_blackeye:
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

68chrgrwife

Quote from: resq302 on September 13, 2007, 09:42:14 PM
Quote from: Chris G. on September 10, 2007, 08:44:16 AM
Quote from: bordin34 on September 09, 2007, 05:11:57 PM
Hitman, do you know if I can use plates from the 60's on my car? They failed my dad for having beat up plates and would like to restore and use them on my car.

Do yourself a favor and get QQ plates for your car. Heck, try getting QQUHX830. With QQ you have no worries, no inspection, registration every...oh I forgot, but it's a long time. You can even rock one of your dads old plates on the front as a nice tribute.

As far as law enforcement goes for the NJ historic QQ plates..... the QQ plates give you self inspection meaning that you still can get pulled over for failure to make repairs if your car is loud, blowing out different colored smoke out the exhaust, be it blue, gray, or black, your car has a fender hanging off of it and it is deemed unsafe, etc.  The QQ plates are also a one time fee and are renewable every 3 years at no charge (unless the state catches on to this).  The QQ historic plates are for vehicles that will not be driven as every day cars, but the law does not say you can drive them every other day or drive a "different" QQ registered car every day.  QQ historic plates in NJ also only require one plate to be attached to the vehicle at the rear of the car, even though the state sends you two, you only need one.  I have copies of the Title 39 motor vehicle laws if anyone from NJ needs a copy, I usually keep one in my car in case a newby cop decides to try and think he knows better and claims you need both plates on the car with QQ plates. :hah:

how do they know if you do drive it everyday though.  do they keep track of all the QQ plates and drive by those houses everyday and see if the car is in the drive and keep running logs?  Basically you can drive it everyday then.  It is the same as the insurance.  You aren't supposed to use it for everyday driving, but you can "pleasure drive"  or do up keep driving and to car shows...so if you get pulled over just say you are doing an upkeep drive...what the heck do they know?
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

bordin34

You can see how beat up the front plate is in this picture.

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

UFO

Sorry Cody I forgot about this thread.Heres what I used to make the plate.
http://www.acme.com/licensemaker/

69bronzeT5

Thanks for the link. This would be a funny plate. It goes out to all the people in the world who tell us to turn our Chargers into General Lees :D
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Afflyer

The wife has "AGGIETX" on the '05 Volvo XC-90.

The next time I get a personalized tag on the old '69 Charger, it'll say "FKOPEC"

:eek2:
Retired USAF C-130H3, C-130E, MC-130E, MC-130W Flight Engineer

1969 Charger 440/4bbl "Hemi Orange Mistress"
2009 Hemi Ram 1500 Sport Special Crew Cab "Black Betty"
2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

dkn1997

UZ2BSLOW
ILIKPOOHC
U A LUZA
JUZTRYIT
SIKBSTRD
FYREITUP
KRANK IT
RECHRGED

plum500

I was thinking about...

2DRSNOT4  :icon_smile_big:

69_500

Well I paid my $50 to get a personalized plate this year for the 500.

Was turned down apparerntly as I had to pay for another plate as well.

but it was going to be

XX29L9B

AKcharger

Mine for my '70 500

Dans 68

Just got it....
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

A383Wing

Not a personalized plate...I waited until this was available, then got it for the Daytona....

Bryan

A383Wing

Here is some of what we had on our cars.....

Bryan

uud looz

Here's mine...by the way I never realized there are so many NYers here cool !!!

ChgrSteve67

I wanted MPRMDNS but ended up with 1967MPR

People still ask "what year is that?"

BlueSS454

I just put in for the tags for the Charger.  Mine is going to say LSTSHP.  They gave me temp historic tags until the vanity tags come in the next few weeks.
Tom Rightler

69chargerboy

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on September 08, 2007, 04:58:45 PM
Not telling what its on though  :rotz:

Hey Chris, there's no shame in the car the plate it's on... I think I've seen the car before some were. It's Black, has 4 doors and not American right? I promise, I won't say........ :icon_smile_big:
My MoPar Family:

1968 Chrysler 300 
1968 Coronet 440 4-Dr                                                              
1968 Coronet 440                                       
1969 Charger                                       
1973 Charger SE 
1988 Dodge Custom 150 Pickup

JimShine

Here is mine. Waiting for the new ones to arrive. Indiana has the stupidest hoops to jump through on all plates. Vanity plates are almost not worth doing.

2fast4u

DODGE CHARGER--Fuel for Living!

69bronzeT5

I'm getting either one of these for my Duster:

FD2BLK
CZY TRN
4-HRSMN
VAN HLN
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

BIRD67

Ok, I do not have a mopar,unless you count my uncle's '68 cuda as something..but for the meantime..Here is the Plate on my 1967 Pontiac Firebird...
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign. -Number 6, The Prisoner

R.I.P. Matthew Fraser 4/30/10

Foreman72

mine is gonna say either 72CHRGR, GODZILA or 1KLR318

hey hitman...i was a big fan of NAAASTY
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

mopar-or-no-car

I saw this plate on a 1970 triple black convertible hemi chally in carilsle a few years back and I thought you guys might get a kick out of it!!   :o it is actually a REAL license plate!!
Real WOMEN drive MOPARS!!!!!