News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Stupid heater core

Started by 70sixpkrt, September 07, 2007, 10:49:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70sixpkrt

I had to pull my heater core because it was leaking so I spent the last 3 days restoring the heater box. New gaskets and insulation for the flappers. I even put new underdash insulation and a new firewall insulation pad. I pulled everything apart. So I decided to put the whole thing back together. Alot of scrapes and cuts on the arms and hands. I started the car up and pulled out of the garage. After 15 minutes of warm up time, I saw leaks coming from under the heater box. :bawling:   So I pulled the whole thing out again and found out that the new heater core is leaking at the braise from the tubes to the core. I called the place that I bought it and they said bring it in Monday and they will fix it. I am just upset that I spent most of my vacation working on this and now I can't drive it this weekend.  :flame:

440-6pk, 4-speed, Dana 60 with 3:54  
13.01 @107.93 (street tires spinning all the way down)

bull

Yea, I agree. That sucks. Where did you get the heater core?

70sixpkrt

At a good radiator shop about 20 min. away from my house. I was referred to them by a local parts place who specializes in Mopars.

pettybird

where did the door seals come from?  mine leak, of course.

bull

Well, if it's any consolation your restoration looks great. :pity:

70sixpkrt

Thanks. I followed the post from Shakey. :thumbs: I got all of my gaskets and seals from http://www.restorick.com/products.asp

Rolling_Thunder

no gasket set for an A/C box eh ?     :brickwall:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip