News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

REVERSE RUNNING WATER PUMP ??

Started by Steve P., September 05, 2007, 04:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve P.

Have you ever heard of or seen a reverse running water pump on a BB mopar??  I thought maybe marine/industrial. I cannot find any info.  :shruggy:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Steve P. on September 05, 2007, 04:57:14 PM
Have you ever heard of or seen a reverse running water pump on a BB mopar??  I thought maybe marine/industrial. I cannot find any info.  :shruggy:

i have heard of that, not sure of the app. but the parts store sent us one quite a while back . let me just say it didnt work real good for the break in of the cam on that 383!! :flame: :eek2:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Steve P.

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Rolling_Thunder

I have never seen one for a BB Mopar...    see them for fords and chevys...     
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Steve P. on September 05, 2007, 05:15:32 PM
Do you know what parts store had it??
it was a carquest but i think it was a packaging mistake.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Nacho-RT74

I have heard about reverse cams to some trucks with direct drive gear between cam and crank sprockets, but not about water pumps.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Todd Wilson

Quote from: Steve P. on September 05, 2007, 04:57:14 PM

In some marine applications where they used two engines together one of them ran backwards.

Todd

tecmopar

Thats correct, when we used to run 2 440's in one of our race boats the motors counter-rotated thus the need for the reverse water pump.

Steve P.

Ok, so was the reverse water pump the same type of pump and pump housing as on out cars??

I have been able to find water pumps on line for marine use, but they are completely different. I am hoping to find the same set up we use only in a reverse rotation. If any of you have numbers or a good place to look for this please let me know.   I am in Florida where we have more boats than homes and I can't find anyone here with any knowledge of one.   :shruggy:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Todd Wilson

Any regular parts store in the world should be able to get or have on hand a big block Mopar water pump?!?!?!

Todd

Steve P.

Quote from: Todd Wilson on September 06, 2007, 01:38:59 PM
Any regular parts store in the world should be able to get or have on hand a big block Mopar water pump?!?!?!

Todd

Hahahahahaha..........   I guess so...  :D  I have about 4 in the shop right now.. I am looking for a REVERSE RUNNING water pump.  I have heard that Chrysler had made them in the past and thought that I had heard they were for marine applications. I just can't find one or anyone that has info on one...

I have found some other style water pumps that just go between 2 hoses. This won't work for me. I am looking for a pump to mount just like the one under your hood, but turn counter clockwise.

If such an animal was made I need to know all about it. If it is the exact same housing with a different impeller or if it was different all together...
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

tecmopar

Steve, I'm right up the road from you in Spring Hill and I don't think anyone around here would have them. We used the same housing and a left hand housing, what ever was available at the time, but the pumps were made by Milidon and Nordskog for 440's and Hemi's. I'm doing this from memory as it was a Looooooong time ago. You might have better luck down in the St. Pete area where there are still a few serious offshore and 7 litre racers, good luck.

Charger74

Not sure about actual reverse water pumps, but Indy sells a reverse flow adaptor for electric water pumps, not sure if they work for the manual pumps or not.

Steve P.

Quote from: tecmopar on September 07, 2007, 02:23:54 AM
Steve, I'm right up the road from you in Spring Hill and I don't think anyone around here would have them. We used the same housing and a left hand housing, what ever was available at the time, but the pumps were made by Milidon and Nordskog for 440's and Hemi's. I'm doing this from memory as it was a Looooooong time ago. You might have better luck down in the St. Pete area where there are still a few serious offshore and 7 litre racers, good luck.

Holy crap... I didn't know you live in Spring Hill.. Damn.............  Your not 20 miles away.. Do you know Tattoo Bill?? He bought my red 65' Coronet 500.. He lives just off County Line rd. On the Pasco side close to the VFW.

Shizzitt. We gotta meet up some time...  :cheers:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

aifilaw

you need to call harwood, or another main marine application place, they should be able to get one to you.
'72 B5 Metallic Blue Hardtop
426" Wedge - Hydraulic Roller Stealth heads

tecmopar

Steve, do you ever come up to the Thursday night cruise on SR50 at the Chick-Fil-A, its huge and I'm usually there. Not a lot of Mopars but a nice cruise anyway.

Steve P.

Quote from: tecmopar on September 08, 2007, 02:24:29 AM
Steve, do you ever come up to the Thursday night cruise on SR50 at the Chick-Fil-A, its huge and I'm usually there. Not a lot of Mopars but a nice cruise anyway.

Nope. Never been there. I have heard there was one but was not sure were it is.  We have a local cruise in here to put on by a woman named Jan. Regretably I haven't made it to any of hers since last spring.

Shoot me an email and I'll try to make it up there soon.  s.pod@verizon.net

I live very close to SR54 and Rt.77.  about 4 miles East of 19.   :cheers:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida