News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Can anyone point me to a part list to accompllish engine swap?

Started by dspaulding70, September 06, 2007, 09:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dspaulding70

I am having my 70 Charger 500 converted to a 440 with 727 auto and 8 3/4 rear end.  I am having to provide all of the parts to the shop that are required to convert the vehicle.  I assume someone has compiled a part list necessary to make such a conversion.  Please help.  I need to get an idea of what additional cost I will incur to provide these parts.

Please help.

Khyron

I just want to say that there is always some unexpected parts. But for the most part I found it a fairly simple swap.

I don't have a list though. I just played it by ear.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

RD

engine:
motor mount brackets
motor mounts
oil pan and pickup
elongated wiring for distributor (in front of engine, not in rear)

Transmission:
a 4 1/8" shorter driveshaft
a new transmission mount
new filter kit
trans cooling tubes will fit with a little coaxing (i.e. bends around engine)

rear axle:
all your backing plates and hardware from your 8 1/4 will fit your 8 3/4, but you will need:
new u bolts
new steel brake lines for the rear axle
and dependent on if you want new stuff, a new hardware kit, wheel cylinders and brake shoes

and there is more, but it depends on whether you are going completely new or used with items

hope this helps

edit:

from sb to bb requires a better radiator for cooling in my eyes, though some would say it doesnt.  extra insurance though
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander