News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Are these guys serious?

Started by six-tee-nine, September 06, 2007, 02:50:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

six-tee-nine

Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

69charger2002

it's in MCG this month as a feature. and though i respect all the hard work and $$$ thrown at it, to me it's ugly as hell
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Jon Smith

looks like a badly proportioned chinese made toy...

ChargerSG

Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

suntech

These guys look to very serious, but is it in my taste???? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

41husk

Daimler could have uglied that up much worse!
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

NorwayCharger

I like custom work and they sure did go all the way here :o
Is it good looking??
I do not like the duster grill/front, other than that .....hmm. ok i guess.
AKA the drummer boy
http://www.pink-division.com

suntech

Hmmmm! Got to think about something here!! Before we judge to hard here, and in other cases!!
We are all of us consithered as "friutcakes" among the majority of the population, spending so much time and money on 35+ years old cars. We are right now 4276 members on this forum, and that is from the entire freaken world!!!!
Then, maybe 300 or so are quite active here! That is not a big part of the population!!!
Then, among us, there are many different tastes!! Many people might think that i am stupid, willing to spend 100K just in parts, to get my car as i like it! Many people consiter it rape, to do so much modifications, since it looks so good as it came of the assembly line. You will never see me in a fist fight over a date code on a part of the car!! Simply because i am in to the pro touring style, and like the look, performance and the fun of having a car like that. Let´s appreciate the craftmanship and hart they put in to a car like that, even if it is in our taste or not, because for the majority of the population, they are just another bunch of "friuitcakes", like US!!!!
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

dads_69

As a bodyman/painter myself. I can dig the custom work they put into the charger. *Looks badass!* The int. is not the color choice I would have put in it,yuk. But the body mods are awesome! Its about time somebody modified a charger in a totally different way other than a dukes car. Once again, if I could get a job working for Chip Foose, I'd be stoked.
Mark
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

68charger383

I'd like to see it painted just one color before passing judgement. As it sits right now, I think the color scheme throws the car off. However, I agree the duster grille needs to be changed or made to look like a 71 cuda grille or something! Its really killing the front of the car for me.
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

2Gunz

Normally I dont comment on bad custom work.

But jesus that thing is CHEESY.

Mefirst

Cant say that the guys who built it didint try, but its just UGLY :eek2:

My :Twocents:

nitrometal

Man, did you see the Challenger they have under the "Creations" section?  That thing is gorgeous!   :drool5:

The paint on that car is like a mirror!  :o
I love the smell of nitro in the morning.

http://pettysuperbird.com

Fitz73Chrgr

Not a big fan of modifying the 2nd gen roofline.  I think the roofline is a big part of what makes a 2nd gen beautiful. 

Don't like the grill either. 

Really don't like the car at all actually.  But alot of work was put into it, so I can appreciate that. 
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

BrianShaughnessy

It was on display at the Nats.   I really don't like it personally.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

70charger_boy

Daytona R/T SE

I saw that car in my MCG. I just glanced at it. When I saw the Foose paint job and the Ghetto wheels I just turned the page. Next time I'm on the shitter :flush:  I'll have to give this article a good look through,

but at first glace it looks just like all the other "Me-too" Cookie-cutter hack jobs I see on TV.

plum500

Meh. I wouldn't say it's ugly, I guess, but I just don't see the point. And how are they making the claim that it's an E-body? Since it is simply not an E-body!? I don't like the front grill setup at all, and I really don't like that front bumper -- especially with the lights/valance type stuff and that cutaway blended in. Nope I guess I don't get it.

Blakcharger440

I will give them an A+ for doing something different. But to me they just ruined the styling and flow of it by cutting it short.  I am not a fan of the trailer park type paint job as it looks like Cooter painted it. The car looks like someone would rather have a newer 300 than an old Charger.
But you really have to appreciate all the work that was done to it as the craftsmanship looks to be really top notch.

pettyfan43

Charger-Bodie

imo my dog makes better looking steamers than that thing :eek2:   the 2nd gen charger is art , if ya gotta change something up change a car that needs it :badidea: :hack: :mrt: :puke: no more bong water for them!~!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

bill440rt

Personally, I don't mind the car. The paint scheme is OK (I've seen MUCH worse), the wheels fit the look, the suspension set-up looks awesome, maybe they could've done something a little different with the interior.

What I DON'T like & HATE the most, is the fact that they cut up a perfectly decent Charger to make it "smaller." WHY???????  :brickwall:
Those modifications are permanent. Sure we've all seen the shaved door handles, filled in marker lamp openings, etc. But why cut up a muscle car with perfectly good body lines already? And, adding more insult to injury, it stated in the article that the car was solid to begin with.

These type of custom body modifications are better suited to '51 Mercury leadsleds, '32 Ford roadsters, etc. Not for a muscle car.
However, if they think they improved it, let them. It's THEIR car.

:Twocents:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

bull

Quote from: suntech on September 06, 2007, 03:51:09 PM
Hmmmm! Got to think about something here!! Before we judge to hard here, and in other cases!!
We are all of us consithered as "friutcakes" among the majority of the population, spending so much time and money on 35+ years old cars. We are right now 4276 members on this forum, and that is from the entire freaken world!!!!
Then, maybe 300 or so are quite active here! That is not a big part of the population!!!
Then, among us, there are many different tastes!! Many people might think that i am stupid, willing to spend 100K just in parts, to get my car as i like it! Many people consiter it rape, to do so much modifications, since it looks so good as it came of the assembly line. You will never see me in a fist fight over a date code on a part of the car!! Simply because i am in to the pro touring style, and like the look, performance and the fun of having a car like that. Let´s appreciate the craftmanship and hart they put in to a car like that, even if it is in our taste or not, because for the majority of the population, they are just another bunch of "friuitcakes", like US!!!!

:blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:

Looks to me like someone spent a lot of time and money "improving" a design that doesn't need to be improved upon.

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Brock Samson

Perhaps they should'a waited till the thing was finished to put it on the website,.. perhaps the original patron who orded the car was killed in a driveby...  :shruggy: but i know one thing for a fact, that thing is butt ugly

PS: (the Chally shows more promise)

BigBlackDodge

Perfect example of misguided talent.

BBD

Todd Wilson

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on September 06, 2007, 05:51:04 PM
I saw that car in my MCG. I just glanced at it. When I saw the Foose paint job and the Ghetto wheels I just turned the page. Next time I'm on the shitter :flush:  I'll have to give this article a good look through,

but at first glace it looks just like all the other "Me-too" Cookie-cutter hack jobs I see on TV.

I agree! 

If you happen to run out of toilet paper when you look at the article, dont fear! You have wiping material available!

Todd

70charger_boy

Geeze, I guess I'm all alone in here  :popcrn:

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: Todd Wilson on September 06, 2007, 09:16:48 PM
Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on September 06, 2007, 05:51:04 PM

I agree! 

If you happen to run out of toilet paper when you look at the article, dont fear! You have wiping material available!

Todd

Well guys, I'm back from the shitter and after studying the article and the pictures carefully, I've determined the R/Te is uglier than what I left in the bowl  :flush:

Badbob

Built by mexicans for mexicans, they must have run out of buick regals. :shruggy:

dads_69

Quote from: 70charger_boy on September 06, 2007, 09:19:17 PM
Strangely, we agree on something for a change. I like the charger. Some people are stuck on having a car look stock when modifying it is not always a bad thing to do. Its just a car, who cares on its condition whether to restore it back to org. or mod it. There are way to many duke replicas out there anymore and the others that are coming out, like DMCL and Blade, well, those are cool, thank goodness there aren't thousands of them around cause the cars that are clones like so are cool, for now.
Mark thats my  :Twocents: again..........
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

Nacho-RT74

I'm wondering now about the green Duster on ebay sometime ago, shortened and "ragtopped". A body converted on to A/2 body ?  :brickwall:
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Forza

70charger_boy

Quote from: dads_69 on September 06, 2007, 11:45:53 PM
Quote from: 70charger_boy on September 06, 2007, 09:19:17 PM
Strangely, we agree on something for a change. I like the charger. Some people are stuck on having a car look stock when modifying it is not always a bad thing to do. Its just a car, who cares on its condition whether to restore it back to org. or mod it. There are way to many duke replicas out there anymore and the others that are coming out, like DMCL and Blade, well, those are cool, thank goodness there aren't thousands of them around cause the cars that are clones like so are cool, for now.
Mark thats my  :Twocents: again..........

:iagree:  Hell has officially frozen over :smilielol: 

Ghoste

I looked at it in Columbus and I certainly appreciate the engineering and time and crafstmanship that went into but at the end of the day, I'd much prefer they reserve their special talents for lawnmowers or monster trucks or some other form of motorsprt that I don't care about.  Maybe they could design a new template for NASCAR or something.

Brock Samson

i think they needed a designer before they started work,.. that dash, the front end, the colors, none of it works out, It's  a hoge poge of detailing some of the stuff is off the shelf like the a/c outlets but there's no cohesivness to it. i do think the top looks pretty well done, much better done then the rest of the car, but i wonder who would commision such a trainwreck?..

I mean what's the point?..  :shruggy:

68RT4ME

Quote from: bill440rt on September 06, 2007, 06:57:17 PM

What I DON'T like & HATE the most, is the fact that they cut up a perfectly decent Charger to make it "smaller." WHY???????  :brickwall:
Those modifications are permanent. Sure we've all seen the shaved door handles, filled in marker lamp openings, etc. But why cut up a muscle car with perfectly good body lines already? And, adding more insult to injury, it stated in the article that the car was solid to begin with.

These type of custom body modifications are better suited to '51 Mercury leadsleds, '32 Ford roadsters, etc. Not for a muscle car.
However, if they think they improved it, let them. It's THEIR car.

:Twocents:

Except for your second to last sentence, I agree with you on this. I think it's a damn shame to cut up what's claimed to be a solid car for something like this. They don't make these cars anymore and to chop one up like this..... THING means one less Charger in the world because call it what they want, it's no longer a charger in my book. Too much time on their hands I guess to think up some P.O.S. like that. "I hate it!!"   :eek2: Is that strong enough?
'69 Charger R/T, T5, Tan Top, Tan Interior, Black Stripe. Complete numbers matching 440 4Spd

Chris G.

You guys can complain all you want about this monstrosity, but the fact is that it will sell for over 100K to some jackass thinking it's a collectors item. Much like the Ass-Tastic cars that Foose builds, I don't think they will be worth squat in 5 years. I don't think they are worth squat today either.  :Twocents:

TeeWJay426

Certainly not my cup of tea, although I can appreciate the work and craftsmanship that went into it's creation. The fact that they took an otherwise solid example to do this instead of a beater that might have been otherwise scrapped DOES NOT sit well with me at all, however... if you're going to hack one up, don't do it to one that deserved to be restored or merely preserved.... :rotz:
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

JR

Stupid, ugly, pointless, pitiful. The whole concept is stupid.

You wouldn't change the Mona Lisa to make her look thinner, don't change the Charger just 'cuz "it's too big"

Anyone with that girly way of thinking should build a Mustang and be happy. I think they were just jumping on the bandwagon here.
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

69chargerboy

For me, Thumbs down..... It looks they had a good idea but the execution and outcome didn't finish very well.   :lol:   :down:
My MoPar Family:

1968 Chrysler 300 
1968 Coronet 440 4-Dr                                                              
1968 Coronet 440                                       
1969 Charger                                       
1973 Charger SE 
1988 Dodge Custom 150 Pickup

Mike DC

IMHO, the whole car might have worked if they hadn't totally overdone it in a couple of places: 

--  The shortening work on the quarters/roof is great.  I'm really impressed that they could do that much to the car and it would still take me that long to figure out what was done . . but then they chopped the roof lower by a little too much and made it obvious. 

--  The shortening on the front end was WAY over the line by several inches.  I can see why they wanted to do it in theory, but they went nuts with it instead of staying subtle.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It reminds me of the "Special Edition" 1977 Star Wars movie, where they made a whole bunch of changes that we might have liked if they just hadn't KILLED it with one totally wrong change (Greedo).

0X01B8

it's like they took Scarlett Johansson, amputated her legs at the knees, gave her a breast reduction, and made her use Tammy Fae Bakker's make up kit.

Brock Samson

:scratchchin:  Ohhhhh, Now THAT"S Harsh!..  :slap:

six-tee-nine

Well what irritates me the most are the proportions.

The large stock overhang in the rear and then a small one in the front..... it looks like if you put a bag of cement in the trunk the front wheels will lift from the ground.
I also like some nice custom work and a charger with 18" rims is also my thing but this is a little bit overkill.

This on the otherhand is something i can apreciate...
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

Mike DC

I basically agree with the areas that they chose to shorten, but I think they just overdid all the shortenings.  They were taking 6-10 inches all over the place where they should have been taking 1-3 inches.

autodynamics

here's my opinion... if anyone cares.... right off the bat the car looks to me to be overdone. first is the paint color combo. two tone paint jobs will eventually be a fad, and the car will look dated as it does for me now. the grill to me is a distinguishing characteristic of the car and that grill looks nice but terrible with that color combo. another flaw is the wheels and stance. the car sits too high for the look hes going for. the front needs that front bumper or something to break up the grill. the interior looks ok but i like functionality and with the rear seat gone i don't like that . especially the elderado speakers out the back. the entire package looks consistant throughout, the body mods really take the sexy appeal of that car right out. i can sum it up all like this. good idea bad execution. its hard to get a car with so much alteration to look good. few can pull it off. this guy had an idea and kept adding more and more more crap on top of it, and now looks like a big gold/black turd..... i rarely knock someones ride but this thing is way off. they  should of put a black wheel with a polished lip on it and did way from the south LA gold paint. dark charcoal would of been a nicer choice.  a lower stance a redesigned grill, and then it would of had a chance. .......sorry if i offended anyone or the designer.

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

hemi-hampton

:scratchchin: I may be known as a #'s matching nut but I kinda like it being a bodyman/painter myself. For me I'd like one of each if I had the money, #'s matching 100 point showcar, Custom car like this one, then a 8 second tubbed, narrowed, blown fuel injected hemi version. LEON. :scratchchin:

dukeboy_318

i saw it inthe magizine, I think it looks like crap personally.  A complete waste of a 68 charger
1978 Dodge Power Wagon W200 4x4- 408 stroker/4spd
1974 Dodge Dart Swinger. 440 project in the works.

69Coronet

This is what HLPAG cars should be used for
Its no disgrace being poor.  Its just inconvienient.