News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

is this acceptable as a defect on a shock?

Started by 1974dodgecharger, August 04, 2013, 04:40:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1974dodgecharger

Seems like a blur and on top of that a little green goo coming out, acceptable or return?

69rtse4spd

Any nick or imperfection on a cylinder rod will tear the seal & leak, return if possible.

Ghoste

Mopar Nut

It shows that it was "instpected by 3" then it gots to be good.

Send it back, nothing should be leaking out.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Dino

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

1974dodgecharger

thx guys will send an email out to hotchkis....I had to laugh at the inspector no. 3 must been on a Friday he inspected it.

WHITE AND RED 69

I think you will be okay. The area where the nick is will never get close enough to the body of the shock to do any damage to any seals. If it was on the opposite side where it would be constantly going into the shock body I would send it back but on that side there is no movement and there is isn't going to be enough travel to touch that spot. You would have to completely bottom out those shocks to hit that spot.

Nice choice, you will really like those shocks. I have them on mine and they feel great.   :2thumbs:  
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

1974dodgecharger

yeah I know lol.....I read all your review on it among the many other dozens bought the leaf springs to match with it than casualy buy the whole setup from hothckis, eventually if money was no object well.................. :cheers:
Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on August 05, 2013, 01:23:24 PM
I think you will be okay. The area where the nick is will never get close enough to the body of the shock to do any damage to any seals. If it was on the opposite side where it would be constantly going into the shock body I would send it back but on that side there is no movement and there is isn't going to be enough travel to touch that spot. You would have to completely bottom out those shocks to hit that spot.

Nice choice, you will really like those shocks. I have them on mine and they feel great.   :2thumbs: