News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wouldn't a 71 Satellite dash harness work correctly on a 73 Charger?

Started by Mo Power, September 05, 2007, 10:41:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mo Power

Ok I was wondering if anybody would know if a 2 year older harness will work for my 73 and everything seems or I mean looks like its almost exact. Except theres looks like another hazard relay on the harness,so what is it?
1973 Charger SE
1972 Roadrunner-1 of 34 power sunroofs                                
          Crazy colors, Wacky decals, and Massive engines
                      That's what Mopars alll about

Nacho-RT74

harnesses does have to have 2 flashers... hazzard and turning so that setup is correct. You boxed hazzard, the other one is turning. However hazzard looks to be the light duty... hazzards must be heavy duty to save from melting plug.

Yes they are useable, but some stuff diff comes in to my mind right now:

1- 73 has seatbelts buzzers wiring system and as far I recall right now is linked wiith setabelt warning light, for a while light is time flasher linked on 71s
2- Bulkhead and engine bay won't match... you will need to match the bulkhead wires/terminals with your engine bay harnesses. for example 71 have washer wire on engine harness for a while 73 does have on headlight harness. Starter relay wire is diferent located too etc... You need to be sure to match. wires are same colors so is not really a problem

Plus specifically THE PICTURED wiring does look to be to standart cluster, and  if your one is SE you have rallye cluster.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html