News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

he deserves it!!

Started by gordo1968charger, September 04, 2007, 02:10:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gordo1968charger

recently my wife was going berserk as another year one parcel arrived,in a phone conversation with my mother later that evening my wife was telling my mother she was sick of me spending money on my charger and blah blah blah,my mothers reply was
"he does nt smoke,he does  nt drink,he works hard,he deserves it"
Thanks mam, LOL
68 charger+4 kids=2 jobs

Charger_Fan

COOL, score one for your Mom! :cheers: ;D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

suntech

Hehe! Nice done of your mom!! And i bet she is right!!!
My wife is kinda forgiving on this with me. I used to race powerboats, and ended up in hospital, with fractures in my back.......3 times!!!!Plus the fact that it was a really expensive hobby.
So i can do pretty much what i want, as long as i stay alive, and at work!!! :icon_smile_cool: She will consither pretty much anything, as a change to the better :2thumbs:
Will never show her the pricetags though!! :nana:
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

whitehatspecial

I heard Jay Leno say once that most guys have one car and like 20 girlfriends. He has 20 (more than that now) and has just 1 girlfriend.
Cars owned:
1968 Dodge Charger, 48k orig. miles, family owned since new.
Not a Hemi, a mini-hemi 340.

bigroge1

i had that problem a while back....if it keeps u outta trouble then let her go about her business  :2thumbs:

mopar goddess

bull

It's all good until she calls her own mom, then the story will probably change big time.

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

HITMAN 149

KEEP THE CAR!!! GET RID OF HER!!!!!!!
HEHEHEHE
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

68chrgrwife

My grandma said the same thing when I complain about my hubby...she always said at least he is home where you can keep your eye on him instead of being out spending all the money and whoring around...Love the grammy!!!
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

TK73

MUCH rather have a cool car than a wife...  last live-in LOVED old cars until I spent more time with the Charger, and the Fury, and the Valiant, and my car friends than I did with her.

At this point in my life my philosophy is:

Women are like car wrecks; really cool to look at but I don't want to be involved in one.
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

71ChallengeHer

I agree. I would rather my man would be working on his car then out cheating on me. Good call, Mom. :2thumbs:

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Old Moparz

Now your wife will have a reason to hate her mother in law if she doesn't already.   :lol:

I am fortunate enough to have the opposite problem. When I first started dating my wife around 1985, I was still living at my mother's place. My sister, who is 3 years younger, lived there too. She would bitch & moan constantly about cars & parts, & complained to our mother that her brand new car was out in the weather while my old junker was enjoying the dry garage. My mother didn't care since she couldn't be bothered with the garage, it was more work to open & close it.

My sister went off on my wife one day trying to get someone to take her side. She was badgering her & asking how could she put up with car parts I had in the house, the garage, & wherever else I had them. My wife said it didn't bother her, & asked my sister why it bugged her so much? She didn't have an answer & shut up when she realized my wife wouldn't take her side. We have our own place & it's still not an issue with my wife, so I guess I made a good choice.  :D

This is just a small percentage of what's on the second floor of the garage. There's more up there as well as on the first floor, the basement in the house, the attic in the house, my closet, the shed, & even in a couple of the cars too. Oh, & I just got an E-Body dash the other day that was on the deck when I got home from work. Had to have a core to send out when I order my new one.  :D

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Silver R/T

wish someone would defend me :)
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Old Moparz

Quote from: Silver R/T on September 04, 2007, 10:36:41 PM
wish someone would defend me :)

There's No Need To Fear............
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

pettybird

Quote from: 68chrgrwife on September 04, 2007, 06:31:16 PM
My grandma said the same thing when I complain about my hubby...she always said at least he is home where you can keep your eye on him instead of being out spending all the money and whoring around...Love the grammy!!!

<<<<<what mom said about dad

bull

gordo1968charger

in my main job(not sure which is which anymore)there was a party with free drinks and food supplied by head office,i did nt go cos i wanted to work the taxis saturday night and get me one step closer to that dana axle.
i tend to f&ck up,when i ve had jack daniels finest no.7 plus the hangovers kill me nowadays :yesnod:
68 charger+4 kids=2 jobs

The70RT

That isn't a problem for me. I restored her car first. I built a garage a few years ago and when someone asks " don't you get tired of him out there all the time?" She goes I would be mad if he built it and didn't use it! She loves cars and she even tells other people that I have had my Charger for 30 years and we were married right after I got it and I would probably give her up before the car  :lol: After the Charger is done I am doing a convertible just for her   :icon_smile_big:..............then my Coupe will come  into play  :D I take care of her want's and needs and that makes everything hunkydory.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Argos_Chargers

A couple of months ago my wife finally kicked all of my parts and tools out of the dining room..  I figured that even thoughthey were inthe dining room first, it was a sacrifice I could make...and I can't figure out why every time wen we go on vacation she is upset because I got pictures of every cool car, but none of the scenery or touristy stuff :nana:
MoPar -- The only way to fly!

gordo1968charger

Quote from: Argos_Chargers on September 05, 2007, 11:39:58 AM
A couple of months ago my wife finally kicked all of my parts and tools out of the dining room..  I figured that even thoughthey were inthe dining room first, it was a sacrifice I could make...and I can't figure out why every time wen we go on vacation she is upset because I got pictures of every cool car, but none of the scenery or touristy stuff :nana:
if any car parts were in the dining room in my house there would be a divorce,i just make sure that none of her household shit ends up in my garage or shed!
68 charger+4 kids=2 jobs

dkn1997

Here's the deal.  a guys is a guy before he ever meets his wife.  Enter wifey: no matter how cool they are or say they are, they all (to an extent) will do things to take the guy out of the guy.  from total castration to subtle things like cutting down on football tv time on sundays.  It just happens.  At some point the guy will take steps to get his "guyness" back.  Some get the cabin in the woods, some get an old car.  some take up woodworking, some constantly work on the house.  whatever your guy thing is, it is.  Unfortunately, for you girls out there, some guys will go around and try to have sex with other women because that's what they were doing before they met you and they were at the height of thier "guy" mode. 

I have several married friends.  Almost without exception, the ones who don't have a hobby spend thier time banging anything that moves.  Women should think twice before putting the kibash on the car stuff.
RECHRGED