News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

what mufflers would the GENERAL have in the DOH movie?

Started by CB, September 24, 2005, 06:07:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CB

I saw the movie yesterday and again today. I must say Ilike the sound very very much. At one scene the General drives trough the barn on 2 wheels, so you could see one General having Flowmaster kinda muflers.
Any idea what gives that nice rumble on the clean General?
Thanks
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

mustanghater

New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

MoparYoungGun

Quote from: mustanghater on September 24, 2005, 06:36:34 PM
super 40's I think.
Nope, Super 40's have a black case. If I remember correctly, the ones in the movie weren't black.

69charger2002

my jump car didn't have any mufflers.. lol. well they were photochopped in, but i never heard them make a sound..   :icon_smile_big:
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

JimShine

The sound on the TV show and movie is dubbed in. Never look at what is on a car in scenes to decide what you hear. The originals used cherry bombs and that is the definitive 'General Lee" sound.

CB

because of the popping sound on high revs I might think they sounded like cherry bombs.
The cases wheren't black but aluminum.
anyway, they sounded wicked   ^-^
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

General_01

I have 2 1/2 inch Magnaflows on my General. Nice sound when cruising and pretty loud when you floor it. :)
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

cudaken

I have yet to see the DOH movie, will not drive DUI. ;D But what you hear is a sound track. May not even be a Charger.

I was watching a DVD out takes's where the sound track had not been redone. To say it was lack luster in sound is a understatment.

My wife and daughter went to see the DOH, they like it. That did me in on seeing it.

Cuda Ken
I am back

BobH1968

Quote from: cudaken on September 25, 2005, 03:52:23 PM
But what you hear is a sound track. May not even be a Charger.

Yeah most likely all the sound in the movie is dubbed in.  I have seen the movie and it does sound good, but it is probably not from any of the cars that you see in the movie.  It could be a charger or it could not.  It might even be just an engine running in a recording studio of some kind just for the purposes of dubbing in the sound.  Think of it this way, if you have ever seen back to the future, the sound from that movie of the delorean is definetely not a delorean motor.

Bob

CB

1968 Dodge Coronet 500