News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Question for the 70 guys...

Started by Troy, September 04, 2007, 01:12:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Troy

I ran into a guy at the Nationals and we were talking Chargers. He has a really rough 68 that he's just trying to get mobile. Any way, he wants a 4-speed but the only console he has is an auto so he was asking how to modify it. Well, I found out later that this console is burnt orange so I asked him to see if anyone else may need it before he hacks it up. I have heard the complaints about finding good burnt orange interior parts but I need to know if I gave him the right advice? Is it worth it for him to sell this thing off and find something else to use in his car? I have no idea what condition it is in.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

psykicpup

I think it would be a good idea to offer here 1st before ruining a part someone is desperate for
my daughter & boyfriend 'Sunny Sunday'

DFPA and proud of it!

BrianShaughnessy

He can probably get 2 black repros for 1 burnt orange.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Drache

Yes 70's are the best year of charger! What? That wasn't the question you asked? Oh sorry....
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

bull

Quote from: Drache on September 04, 2007, 01:35:13 PM
Yes 70's are the best year of charger! What? That wasn't the question you asked? Oh sorry....

Good one! ::)

hemi68charger

Quote from: Troy on September 04, 2007, 01:12:59 PM
I ran into a guy at the Nationals and we were talking Chargers. He has a really rough 68 that he's just trying to get mobile. Any way, he wants a 4-speed but the only console he has is an auto so he was asking how to modify it. Well, I found out later that this console is burnt orange so I asked him to see if anyone else may need it before he hacks it up. I have heard the complaints about finding good burnt orange interior parts but I need to know if I gave him the right advice? Is it worth it for him to sell this thing off and find something else to use in his car? I have no idea what condition it is in.

Troy

What color is he looking to get? I have a few other console shells and would love to find a good burnt orange one for my '70 Charger R/T....

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

70charger_boy

:yesnod:

70charginglizard

nice.  :smilielol:
70charginglizard

Rolling_Thunder

Burnt Orange should be offered to someone with a burnt orange car...    he can use that money to buy a 4-speed repo shell... 
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Big Lebowski

If he really doesn't need the Orange console, I'd sell it here or at Moparts, or E bay to pay for the new black 4-speed consoles.
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

Dodge Don

70 Burnt orange interior pieces are hard to come by whereas 68/69 black are a dime a dozen. Sell BO for profit.

bull

Charger_Fan

Quote from: bull on September 04, 2007, 06:07:30 PM
Like this one?

Man, that's gotta be about the cleanest unmolested 6-banger plain-Jane 70's I've seen out there. :o

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Chris G.

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on September 04, 2007, 06:45:35 PM
Man, that's gotta be about the cleanest unmolested 6-banger plain-Jane 70's I've seen out there. :o

:iagree: I would dive all over that car with a speedo if I could. Money is tight though.  :'(

hemi68charger

I need it..  :icon_smile_big:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

472 R/T SE

Definitely a keeper.  No matter how well I prep plastic pieces it seems to still scar if bumped hard enuf showing the underneath color.  Maybe tell him that.  I imagine he wants a black one on top of it, perhaps buy a reproduction piece ahead of time and offer up a trade if his piece isn't too charcoaled up?

I don't care what those cuda-challenger boyz say about you.  Lookin' out for us '70 folks you're alright in my book.  :icon_smile_wink:

AKcharger

Quote from: hemi68charger on September 04, 2007, 07:26:43 PM
I need it..  :icon_smile_big:

Hey wait that's not a REAL B/O interior. Troy tell 'em if it's in good condition I'll trade him a new console AND 4 speed top plate

AK