News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

starter motor

Started by C500, September 04, 2007, 12:27:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

C500

can someone please tell me if a 440 starter motor (part number 2095219) will fit a 318.

thanks,

kiwi
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

John_Kunkel

With the exception of some 4-speed Hemis and other manual trans installations all starters will interchange from '62 into the eighties.

BTW, the number you posted is probably a casting number, not the part number.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

C500

"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

chargerman68

Quote from: John_Kunkel on September 05, 2007, 03:53:19 PM
With the exception of some 4-speed Hemis and other manual trans installations all starters will interchange from '62 into the eighties.

BTW, the number you posted is probably a casting number, not the part number.
:iagree:

fired my starter then went to junkyard found a late model dodge grabbed the starter sitting in the trunk and put it in my charger;

now if i can just get it started...totally different topic....
1968 CHARGER R/T CLONELOOKING FOR ANOTHER PROJECT 69-70 CHARGER SHELL