News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Sunglasses Required!

Started by Troy, September 04, 2007, 12:24:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Troy

Yay! It's Labor Day weekend - the end of summer. As a gift to myself I finally got the Barracuda back on the road. I originally took it apart in March for a few "minor upgrades" and things snowballed from there. I planned to have it roadworthy again by May but life got in the way and here we are. Any way, here's the reason for the sunglasses... :D

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Brock Samson

One pic?.. that's it?..  :shruggy:   :smilielol: looks nice.  :2thumbs:

Troy

You may remember that I took pictures at the same park on my very first drive when I got it home. Here's what it looked like then:

then I put a grill in it:

then a cooler hood:

but it still looked a bit ratty:

so I reworked the grill for the second time:

fixed the messed up tail:

installed a new interior:

threw on some new wheels, moved the bumpers all the way in, added weatherstripping to the doors, some radiator blackout, shined the chrome, and installed some XV seat belts and moved it outside the garage for the first time in over six months:

Here's the end result after a bath and a little sunshine:

It took approximately 12 miles before someone offered to buy it and less than 50 before I got pulled over.  :eyes: It still needs paint but no one can tell as long as I'm moving. ;)

Troy

Troy

Quote from: Brock Samson on September 04, 2007, 12:25:40 AM
One pic?.. that's it?..  :shruggy:   :smilielol: looks nice.  :2thumbs:
I wasn't finished yet. You're too fast for me (I'm an internet noob). ;)

Troy

Brock Samson

big improvements, the argent grill headliner and the auto pistol grip look great! those needles supposed to be blue?.. i thought they all were orange..  :shruggy:

Troy

Judging by my forensic analysis, the car was once white with a blue interior and I guess the owner though blue needles would be a nice touch. I didn't mess with the dash or gauges yet because I wanted it on the road. Oh, and the whole grill was painted - silver, black, and orange. I went through a lot of tape and sandpaper.

Troy

Lowprofile

The Cuda looks great Troy! Nice Job.  :2thumbs:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

TruckDriver

:drool5: I like it :2thumbs: I like the new wheels much better too. What year is it again?
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

BrianShaughnessy

Pretty cool   :2thumbs:  (for an E body !!!)   :icon_smile_big:    Much improved over the beginning pics - congrats.

Does this mean you'll have to hang out in the back row at Carlisle now?
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Good work Troy!  Whats with the finger?  We still don't believe that you actually did any work on the car.......if that's what you were trying to prove ;) :nana:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

71ChallengeHer

70charginglizard

Sweet cuda Troy. I didn't know you had one.

Thats really nice.

Great job.  :cheers:
70charginglizard

68RT4ME

Man Troy, What a nice garage  :poke:...... Oh and the car is nice too...lol  Great work
'69 Charger R/T, T5, Tan Top, Tan Interior, Black Stripe. Complete numbers matching 440 4Spd

Troy

Quote from: Lowprofile on September 04, 2007, 02:45:59 AM
The Cuda looks great Troy! Nice Job.  :2thumbs:
Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on September 04, 2007, 08:26:57 AM
That looks great. :2thumbs:
Quote from: 70charginglizard on September 04, 2007, 08:27:22 AM

Thats really nice.

Thanks! I got it last year just before Carlisle because my Chargers are taking so long to finish and I was tired of not having anything to drive. After one "ordeal" with yet another body shop I said "screw it" and just bought a drivable car. Unfortunately, I promised NOT to take this one apart until a Charger was on the road but I did any way.

Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on September 04, 2007, 04:54:34 AM
:drool5: I like it :2thumbs: I like the new wheels much better too. What year is it again?
It's a 73 but I ditched the 5 mph bumpers, fillers, and brackets. The tire store kept asking why I wanted "truck" wheels on it. Anything was better than the old ones (in my opinion).

Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on September 04, 2007, 06:13:28 AM
Pretty cool   :2thumbs:  (for an E body !!!)   :icon_smile_big:    Much improved over the beginning pics - congrats.

I took it to Carlisle last year but you didn't grace us with your presence so you missed it. ;) You can see it in the left of this picture (please disregard the fireman copping a feel):

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on September 04, 2007, 06:54:45 AM
Good work Troy!  Whats with the finger?  We still don't believe that you actually did any work on the car.......if that's what you were trying to prove ;) :nana:
No I didn't do anything... that was actually my 22 hour thrash to get the hood done before MoparFest. I still had to wet sand it twice more after that pic. The good news is that I'm learning a whole lot about body work on this car so I can do more myself on the Charger(s).

Quote from: 68RT4ME on September 04, 2007, 08:54:50 AM
Man Troy, What a nice garage  :poke:...... Oh and the car is nice too...lol  Great work
Thanks! It's not mine though - I have to rent it. This all started with one car and expanded. I have no idea how that happened. :shruggy: :whistling:

Troy

hemi68charger

Great work.......... Looks sweet... Great color combo......

Troy (the other Troy  :icon_smile_big: )
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: 70charginglizard on September 04, 2007, 08:27:22 AM

Thats really nice.

:iagree:
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

TeeWJay426

Lookin' good, Troy! Especially since you can brag that ya did it yourself!  :2thumbs:
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: Troy on September 04, 2007, 09:46:47 AM

I took it to Carlisle last year but you didn't grace us with your presence so you missed it. ;) You can see it in the left of this picture (please disregard the fireman copping a feel):

Troy

:icon_smile_blackeye:

Will you accept a doctor's note signed by my mother ? 
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Troy

Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on September 04, 2007, 11:26:23 AM
Quote from: Troy on September 04, 2007, 09:46:47 AM

Troy

:icon_smile_blackeye:

Will you accept a doctor's note signed by my mother ? 
As long as it's written on a $100 bill I don't care who signs it. :D Hopefully next year I'll have a Charger there.

Troy

Troy

Quote from: hemi68charger on September 04, 2007, 10:12:39 AM
Great work.......... Looks sweet... Great color combo......

Troy (the other Troy  :icon_smile_big: )
That's the original combo and I wasn't sure I'd like it at first. That isn't Y1 though - it looks more like a chrome yellow. You can see remnants of the original yellow and the later white paint in some of the door pics. It will need painted at some point but for now it's a 20 footer... as long as I'm moving.  :icon_smile_cool:

Quote from: TeeWJay426 on September 04, 2007, 11:24:09 AM
Lookin' good, Troy! Especially since you can brag that ya did it yourself!  :2thumbs:
I did everything but cover the seats and the clear coat on the hood (I couldn't see where I was spraying it with all the lights in the booth). It still has a way to go in my opinion but it seems more than good enough for everyone I've talked to so far. Next step is the engine and trans upgrade but I'll definitely wait until winter before taking it apart again!

Troy

Charger_Fan

Wow, you even shot your own paint? That's impressive! :yesnod:

Looks really nice Man, congrats!! :cheers:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Old Moparz

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on September 04, 2007, 03:06:03 PM
Wow, you even shot your own paint? That's impressive! :yesnod:

Looks really nice Man, congrats!! :cheers:

He's not in charge of this site for nothing, you know.    :D

Looks good Troy, maybe I should leave my car with you for awhile, some progress might be made.   :cheers:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

70charger_boy

What a nice car, Troy.  It's nice to be rich.  Ok, you're not rich, but you have one kick ass website.
Thanks Troy

69charger2002

i'll take partial credit for you owning a kick ass DRIVEABLE cuda.. how many of your chargers are done now?? lol and that would mean you would be driving and enjoying ?? yeah it's nice to have a driver. who cares if it "needs" paint
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/