News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Question about 4-Speeds

Started by 73ChargerSE, September 03, 2007, 05:33:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

73ChargerSE

I may be buying another '73 that is almost the exact same as my Charger.  I have a cool plan for it, mainly converting to a 4 speed.  Where can I get 4 speed pedals for a later B-body?  Can I use the E-body ones that are being reproduced?  I know it's kind of a pain to do a conversion, but what would be easy, besides doing a 5-speed conversion.

aifilaw

yes, getting the tranny is easy, modifying the body pans is medium... finding pedals and cables is difficult, if you answer that last one... I'd like to know too because I plan on doing it to mine.
'72 B5 Metallic Blue Hardtop
426" Wedge - Hydraulic Roller Stealth heads

tecmopar

Yes you can use the the Reproduction set but they don't look correct in a '73, they are made for early E and 3rd gen. B bodies. I don't know about the quality of these sets but their complete so you can use your existing doghouse, they also sell the clutch pedal rod and Z-bar, no cables used on these cars. the other parts you need are available New from Mopar right down to the clutch fork, good luck.

Runner

you can buy everything you need from brewers or passion performance or keisler.  i just did this conversion on my 68 plymouth. nothing was hard, the most time consuming part was dialing in the scattershield. ive never had a 4 speed mopar so i learned alot doing the swap.   i couldnt even tell the differeance between an a body tranny and a b body tranny whne i started.

this is a list of the parts and where i got them.  i had a scattershield when i started so i didint need a bellhousing

pistol grip shifter handle                                               ebay                 
cat billet flywheel                                                        ebay                 
dowel pins, clutch kit, shifter kit, arp flywheel bolts          summit racing     
clutch fork, z bar bushing kit clutch adjuster kit               monicatti dodge   
z bar frame bracket                                                     mancini racing   
shift boot and chrome trim ring and clutch rod boot         jacks auto         
floor tunnel                                                                dantes             
carpet                                                                       dantes
transmision and shifter                                                 ebay                 
predal assy                                                                 ebay               
z bar                                                                         brewers (bought one off moparts and finally got it but the guy drug his feet shipping it and i thought i was getting stiffed so i ordered a new one)   
lakewood scattershield                                                 given to my wife                                             
gear oil                                                                       thiesen oil         
new bearing retainer                                                    monicatti dodge
clutch pedal to z bar rod                                               passion performance

71 roadrunner 452 e heads  11.35@119 mph owned sence 1984
72 panther pink satellite sebring plus 383 727
68 satellite 383 4 speed  13.80 @ 102 mph  my daily driver
69 superbee clone 440    daughters car
72 dodge dart swinger slant six