News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Is the log-type manifold heat riser the same as the HP riser?

Started by bull, July 06, 2010, 12:16:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

I'm talking about the rounded metal thing seen on the outside of the exhaust manifold (not sure what it's called). My original log manifold has one and I was thinking about using it to "fake" one on the HP manifold I'm going to restore. The HP manifold is missing this piece and the log manifold riser is seized so basically I'm planning on welding this thing to the outside to make it look correct.

8WHEELER

No, the log type heat riser counter weight is completely round, and looks nothing like the HP style unit
for the 68. So it would not evan be worth the effort.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

bull

Hey Dan. I must have an oddball then because I was looking at some HP manifolds online and mine looks the same. :shruggy:

maxwellwedge

Looks good to me. Here is a 69 HP...

bull

maxwellwedge

They were on when the engine got painted. Your pic still shows turquoise on it.

bull

Yea, I'm just wondering why someone would replicate it. :shruggy:

maxwellwedge

:lol:   See Hemigeno's little thread...    :lol:

Because we are sick!  :icon_smile_big:

8WHEELER

Quote from: bull on July 06, 2010, 04:29:39 AM
Hey Dan. I must have an oddball then because I was looking at some HP manifolds online and mine looks the same. :shruggy:

Hey Bull, I was thinking about my log manifolds I took off my 440 in 1980, I still have them, but I
simply forgot they are off a 70 440 with log manifolds, so the weight is a thick round unit on them,
I do have one set of log manifolds on a complete 68 440 out of an Imperial I got 10 years ago. I should
have looked at that motor before I said anything, but the engine is buried. I have never had a non HP
68-69 car, so I actualy have never seen one like that   :scratchchin:  live and learn..........

Dan

8WHEELER

My all stock 68 Imperial engine..........

Dan

bull

Now you've got a counter weight to replace the one missing off your next HP manifold. :2thumbs:

8WHEELER

Quote from: bull on July 15, 2010, 07:15:49 AM
Now you've got a counter weight to replace the one missing off your next HP manifold. :2thumbs:

That's not a bad idea, but I would still need to measure the shaft diameter, it might be smaller   :shruggy:

Dan

bull

Quote from: 8WHEELER on July 15, 2010, 03:00:51 PM
Quote from: bull on July 15, 2010, 07:15:49 AM

That's not a bad idea, but I would still need to measure the shaft diameter, it might be smaller   :shruggy:

Dan

I believe they're identical. I'll double check but I seem to recall trying my LP counterweight on the HP shaft and it fit.