News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How about this marvel in engineering?

Started by Hemidoug, September 02, 2007, 09:09:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemidoug

71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

lilwendal

Very cool!!!!!!!!!!!That guy needs that totalled 71 six pack road runner on Ebay right now.  Or something else more lasting for such time and effort.  Bet he has trouble sleeping at night thinking up that stuff.

keepat

Brock Samson

im impressed!  :popcrn: much better then the e-bay post.

Lowprofile

"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Hemidog

How come some people have so much free time on their hands?

bull

41husk

I'm not sure who has to much time on their hands,  I watched the clip twice :brickwall:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Argos_Chargers

I don't know if Rube Goldberg would be proud or if he is turning green with envy in his grave.  That is truly awe inspiring...every engineering student should be forced to top that before they earna degree!  BTW that is the first time I've ever seen a cell phone be truly useful :nana:.

Just think, with a little more extra time on their hands they could have broken into your house and you could have come home to that!
MoPar -- The only way to fly!

HITMAN 149

68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

HAZZARDJOHN

My Guess is it was for an Engineering degree class. We had to do something similar for a class I had, but I kept it alot simpler, but some guys in the class took it really far like that.

~HJ
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't fix your brakes, but don't worry I made your horn louder."

defiance

2fast4u

Honda did something quite similar using all Honda parts....was pretty cool!
DODGE CHARGER--Fuel for Living!

Old Moparz

I liked that, very cool link.   :cheers:

I do have to wonder though, was it all done as one continual event, or did they record segments of it, then edit it together?

It's still fun to watch.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Nacho-RT74

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Charged

Quote from: Argos_Chargers on September 03, 2007, 03:54:03 PM
BTW that is the first time I've ever seen a cell phone be truly useful

Ha Ha! Being a mechanical engineering student myself, a group of us were mandated to design a Rube Goldbergh system to juice an orange and pour the liquid into a glass via automation. The system was activated by a cell phone. The vibration feature during its ringing caused the phone to slide down a slope, pulling a string, thus triggering the system into action.

In the pic, the phone is to the far left while mounted at the crest of an inclined plane.

This was during my freshman year. I learned more from this assignment than anyother topic in that particular class. Those are more difficult to build than initial thought portrays.

University of Louisville  :2thumbs:

Telvis

PocketThunder

Quote from: Charged on September 05, 2007, 09:21:31 PM
Quote from: Argos_Chargers on September 03, 2007, 03:54:03 PM
BTW that is the first time I've ever seen a cell phone be truly useful

Ha Ha! Being a mechanical engineering student myself, a group of us were mandated to design a Rube Goldbergh system to juice an orange and pour the liquid into a glass via automation. The system was activated by a cell phone. The vibration feature during its ringing caused the phone to slide down a slope, pulling a string, thus triggering the system into action.

In the pic, the phone is to the far left while mounted at the crest of an inclined plane.

This was during my freshman year. I learned more from this assignment than anyother topic in that particular class. Those are more difficult to build than initial thought portrays.

University of Louisville  :2thumbs:

I gonna guess that house was built between 1875 and 1900?  am i close?
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Mopar440+6

I'm also an ME student so I just had to watch that again. That was pretty cool. We were required to do a project like that for our high school AP physics class. It had to begin by dropping a playing card into a slot, light a candle and then extinguish the candle with a minimum of 15 steps. Each of 5 different types of energy (light, chemical, mechanical, heat and electrical) had to be used at least 3 times each. It was a fun project, I just wish we hadn't decided to dismantle it...
"If you cant fix it with a wrench, get a hammer. If that doesn't work, get a bigger hammer!"

Charged

Quote from: PocketThunder on September 06, 2007, 10:48:19 AM
Im gonna guess that house was built between 1875 and 1900? Am I close?

In July '07 it turned 128 years old. You must be an archetict? Louisville has the largest neighborhood of Victorian Mansions in the nation. The district their in is named "Old Louisville".  What happened is, all those mansions are downtown, in time the wealthy moved out due to rising crime and aging infrastructure and buildings. They relocated to the East side. Leaving behind beautiful mansions that were and still are in need of much care. Besides the fact that there just to big for todays rates of cooling, heating, etc.

A way to deal with the cost was to take the mansion and turn it into an apartment complex. So many are done this way! They put up extra walls and such inorder to obtain small apartments within the house. The one in that picture was my studio apartment located on the second floor. Their were 11 apartments in that particular house and its carriage house (servant/slave house) had 4. The University of Louisville is smack-dab in the middle of this area and so college students dwell in mansions. The one next door to mine recently sold for 2.5 million dollars.

Heres the Chamber of Commerce link to the street I use to live on. My old house where I done the Rube Goldberg project is on the page, but to hard to describe which one it is. I paid $350 a month. All my utilities were included in that fee for my studio. Location and price is why UofL students own that neighborhood.
http://www.oldlouisville.com/Spring/Spring13003rdm.htm

The Chamber does all sorts of tours and such. Theres alot for a tourist to do. Most info should be available off that link if your interested in checking it out.

Eric

PocketThunder

Not an architect, but a Construction Estimator with a love of Victorian homes.  We used to have a 1906 4 square 2 blocks North of Summit Ave here in St. Paul, but like you said, its way to expensive to heat and cool with todays energy prices.  And with the addition of daycare, diapers and formula, we had to move.  In college at uw-stout i lived in a 1909 Victorian with 6 other guys and it was a beautiful old house that got destroyed by being a student rental for many years.  I wished i could have saved that one. 

Paul
in St. Paul
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

71bigblock

Would really suck if would have bumped something while filming.

"Ah crap, start over"   :icon_smile_angry:
1971 Dodge Challenger 383/727 #'s matching                 (oo׀===׀׀===׀oo)
1967 Dodge D200 5.7 HEMI/5 spd manual                         (o)≡≡≡≡≡≡(o)
2007 Dodge Magnum SXT                                              Oo (-+-) oO

PocketThunder

Quote from: 71bigblock on September 07, 2007, 09:52:38 AM
Would really suck if would have bumped something while filming.

"Ah crap, start over"   :icon_smile_angry:

How would you like to be the guy that bumped something while setting this up!  D'oh!!  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RC4Xp9VBZvQ

400/6/PAC

That was cool
Wonder how long it took em to set that up :shruggy: