News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mint 68 R/T for $5,900 on ebay, Im buying it !!!

Started by 68ChargerJMP, September 02, 2007, 05:09:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68ChargerJMP

People must think were idiots. Beautiful car though.

bull

Yea, $5,900 is a smokin' deal. I'd even pay up to $7k for it. :lol:

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

69bronzeT5

Is there sposed to be a link attached or something? :shruggy:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

bull

Oh come on guys. You've never seen the hoax auctions where they list a show-quality '68 or '69 for a BIN of $5,900? Link or not it's the same'ol same 'ol.

Brock Samson

Quote from: bull on September 02, 2007, 09:27:18 PM
Oh come on guys. You've never seen the hoax auctions where they list a show-quality '68 or '69 for a BIN of $5,900? Link or not it's the same'ol same 'ol.

..or apparently the section for e-bay?..   :slap:

bull

Quote from: Brock Samson on September 02, 2007, 09:49:55 PM
Quote from: bull on September 02, 2007, 09:27:18 PM

..or apparently the section for e-bay?..   :slap:

:shruggy: Um, it's not my thread.

Bandit72

Quote from: 68ChargerJMP on September 02, 2007, 05:09:21 PM

i don't think those auctions are aimed towards us.....they are more geared for the young gentleman who's big dream is to own a charger r/t but has never had the opportunity....
Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....

Drache

Quote from: Bandit72 on September 03, 2007, 12:30:37 AM
Quote from: 68ChargerJMP on September 02, 2007, 05:09:21 PM

i don't think those auctions are aimed towards us.....they are more geared for the young gentleman who's big dream is to own a charger r/t but has never had the opportunity....

and dont know what they are really worth and what they go for anywhere else...
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

CB

anyone who 'buy it now' for $5900 will be scr#wed in the @z for 5900 times.  :lol:
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

suntech

When i was looking for a car, there were a few like that now and then, and i emailed a couple of them, and got reply, with all kinds of fantastic ways of paying them, together with some teardripping stories. One of them claimbed to have the car in England, and a coinsidence was that i had a friend 2 hours away. I told him that he could be there in 3 hours, with cash in hand. suddenly it was sold.!!
another one was in New York City, he had a broken cellphone, so i could not reach him, and the adress was foney. Since i have a friend in Reading PA, i said he could pick it up in 3 hours, with cash in hand, and he was not replying.
Later on, i saw another one that smelled scam, and i got the exact same England story again!! word by word!!!! I had 0 feedback, since only reason for beeing an ebay member for me then, was to find a 68 Charger, so i guess they consithered me a easy victim!
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

Drache

Quote from: suntech on September 03, 2007, 03:47:13 PM
When i was looking for a car, there were a few like that now and then, and i emailed a couple of them, and got reply, with all kinds of fantastic ways of paying them, together with some teardripping stories. One of them claimbed to have the car in England, and a coinsidence was that i had a friend 2 hours away. I told him that he could be there in 3 hours, with cash in hand. suddenly it was sold.!!
another one was in New York City, he had a broken cellphone, so i could not reach him, and the adress was foney. Since i have a friend in Reading PA, i said he could pick it up in 3 hours, with cash in hand, and he was not replying.
Later on, i saw another one that smelled scam, and i got the exact same England story again!! word by word!!!! I had 0 feedback, since only reason for beeing an ebay member for me then, was to find a 68 Charger, so i guess they consithered me a easy victim!

I've done the so many times, tell them I have a family member within 3 hours drive of the car and can pick it up and pay cash and every single time I get an excuse that they are too busy to show the car in person, or the car is somewhere else, or that it's suddenly sold, etc.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

68ChargerJMP

70charger_boy