News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

driveshaft woes........

Started by 73-charger-383, September 02, 2007, 06:02:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

73-charger-383

i'm finally getting around to working on my charger again, and need to know the difference in length between a driveshaft for a 904 vs a 727.  I put a 383 in place of the original 318, and now need a the old driveshaft to "hook up" to the 727.  I've got a 727 yoke, and i've got the conversion yoke ordered......is that all i need, or am i going to have to have the original shaft shortened?

keepat

You may be better off just ordering a new driveshaft from DTS, they have a 3 day turnaround :shruggy:

73-charger-383

that's the dealo though........i'm broke :-\

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: 73-charger-383 on September 02, 2007, 07:27:12 PM
that's the dealo though........i'm broke :-\
put a wanted ad on this site and you will probubly find what you need reasonably!!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

73-charger-383

i think i've got all the parts i need.........i just would like to get whatever i need done with the driveshaft before i get the u joint.......(wednesday).........i'm just wondering if i need to shorten the driveshaft more or less...........

Charger-Bodie

904 trannys are shorter than 727s . go over to moparts.com and look in the tech archives for the lenghth you need and go from there .
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

73-charger-383