News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What in the world happened?

Started by Hot_Rodder, September 01, 2007, 05:22:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your opinion

you like
9 (13.4%)
you don't like
23 (34.3%)
shake a stick at it
3 (4.5%)
run from it
24 (35.8%)
other
8 (11.9%)

Total Members Voted: 67

Hot_Rodder

If you are the owner of this car, what was your motovation for doing this? IMO, it looks like..... well... I don't know. But I don't like it. What's yalls opinion?

http://www.dealsonwheels.com/search/detail.aspx?id=001489-200706-000028

suntech

looks like an idea Ray Charles and Stevie Wonder came up with a very late saturday night!!
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

69bronzeT5

that car has been posted here sooo many times and everytime it comes up...I do the same post:

:image_294343: :puke:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

70charginglizard

other....Strip it to bare bones and provide a "proper" charger restoration on it again from scratch.
70charginglizard

THE COLONEL

Well, if it's not all fiberglass, but it is sheetmetal, here is my answer.  Is it UGLY....yes.  Is it a Charger...yes.  I rest my case! ;)
"THE COLONEL....DIFFERENT RANK...SAME ATTITUDE"

dukeboy_318

even though i vote run from it, part of me wonders  if that car was doneup  like that in 74 or 75 or when it was new, that might change my mind, but if they done it recently than its idiotic. guess you can do whatever you want to a car but if so, they should have done it to a 318 car instead of an RT
1978 Dodge Power Wagon W200 4x4- 408 stroker/4spd
1974 Dodge Dart Swinger. 440 project in the works.

Brock Samson

Seems pretty self explainitory, a '73 custom,.. i think it's pretty gosh darn kool in that context... of course doing that today would seem pretty weird... :Twocents:

"This 1969 Charge R/T spent its life on the professional show circuit starting in 1973.
It was created by Dalford Adkins from Dayton, Ohio. It is the only known surviver of this car builder who worked with the likes of George Barris. In won numerous awards throughout the years. With the car will be the original show plaque used and a couple of the awards it received. One from 1975 for "Outstanding use of Color" which is very appropriate since he used the actual metal flake to create the various hues of blues, greens and yellows in the murals and another from 1977 for "Best Custom". The car has only 36,000 original miles. The original 440 magnum engine has been updated with a serpentine belt system and some internal high performance upgrades but for the most part is completely original. The balance of the drive train is 100% original. The entire chassis has been meticulously restored using stainless steel or aircraft bolts, etc. The engine and chassis work was done by the original owner/builder's cousin. This is not only a very low mileage, documented, one owner (family), 440 magnum Dodge Charger R/T, it is a piece of American car history nostalgia. This car needs to become part of a serious collection and is not officially up for sale. Serious offers to be considered!
         www.classicalgasmotors.com"

dkn1997

they were trying to make a nice car...for me to poop on!!
RECHRGED

70charger_boy

DodgeChargerNeeded

There were a lot of drugs floating around in the 70's. I rest my case
Jeff

OldGuy

" It won numerous awards throughout the years".          

Awards from who - the "Pimp My Ride" folks?  I'm sure a few guys down on Hollywierd Blvd would love to get their hands on it :icon_smile_cool:
"I can tell by your sarcastic undertones, rude comments and total lack of common decency, that you and I could be best friends".

Mike DC

Why does everybody always assume that every car for sale on Ebay was just built recently?  That custom is like 30 years old.

It's the same kind of "Oh God, how could they do this?" discussion every time another 4x4/musclecar contraption from 1983 turns up for sale on Ebay.  There was once a time when styles were different and musclecars weren't valuable in stock shape.

69DodgeCharger

Quote from: 70charger_boy on September 01, 2007, 08:14:42 PM
I like it

I noticed you don't use any shots of JLH from the waist down there?....Not that I mind. Think of it as driving a C Body.

http://www.mypowerblock.com/profile/69DodgeCharger

The bugle sounds the charge begins. But on this battlefield no one wins.

400/6/PAC

Quote from: 70charginglizard on September 01, 2007, 07:24:50 PM
other....Strip it to bare bones and provide a "proper" charger restoration on it again from scratch.
:iagree:

TruckDriver

I like it.... well everything but the grille.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

70charger_boy

Quote from: 69DodgeCharger on September 01, 2007, 10:16:28 PM
Quote from: 70charger_boy on September 01, 2007, 08:14:42 PM
I like it

I noticed you don't use any shots of JLH from the waist down there?....Not that I mind. Think of it as driving a C Body.

wtf happened to my baby???  She's a little porky.  Wait isn't that Lacey Chebert?

Hot_Rodder

regaurdless of when this car was built like this, just in my opinion, it looks like something seriously went wrong. Granted, I wasn't around in the '70s, but still.... It might have been very cool back then, just now days, as it's been said, ummmmmmm no. I couldn't see myself driving that car down the road, nor to a cruise in, nor putting it in a show. Some people will like it, but I'm not one of those people. :shruggy:. But other than the way it looks, I like how they talk about the drivetrain, as far as miles, and performance upgrades.

bull

BMOTOXSTAR

That is really creative. :Twocents:
Make it your own, it's still a Charger. :2thumbs:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

Lowprofile

That car brings back memories for me. I used to go to those "World of Wheels" shows all the time in the late 70S/early 80S. I can appreciate all the hard work put into the car, Its quite good. But understand this, when that car was built, Chargers were plentiful.

But these days, with the price of Mopars going thru the roof, when people see a car like that they cringe and ask, "What the hell were they thinking"!

I can enjoy it for what it is. I hope whoever buys it, leaves it as it is.  :yesnod: :2thumbs:

btw, sidepipes rock!! :2thumbs: :D
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

70charger_boy

Quote from: Lowprofile on September 02, 2007, 02:23:20 PM
That car brings back memories for me. I used to go to those "World of Wheels" shows all the time in the late 70S/early 80S. I can appreciate all the hard work put into the car, Its quite good. But understand this, when that car was built, Chargers were plentiful.

But these days, with the price of Mopars going thru the roof, when people see a car like that they cringe and ask, "What the hell were they thinking"!

I can enjoy it for what it is. I hope whoever buys it, leaves it as it is.  :yesnod: :2thumbs:

btw, sidepipes rock!! :2thumbs: :D

Well said Lowpro

69_500

I say leave the car as it is. It was done 30 years ago, and for a reason. It should be left how it is.

Highbanked Hauler

In the late 70's after the second gas shortage(nowhere near as bad as the first) these cars were worth scrap value and thats about it.  I know I was there. I am surprised that more cars didn't make it to the crusher than did. :Twocents:
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

Nacho-RT74

LET ME SHOOT THE CAR, LET ME SHOOT IT ( with a media blaster gun )
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

70charger_boy

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on September 03, 2007, 10:38:54 AM
LET ME SHOOT THE CAR, LET ME SHOOT IT ( with a media blaster gun )

I bet you that car would be a hit in Venezuela