News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Is this True?

Started by 69Coronet, September 04, 2007, 08:12:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TeeWJay426

Is what true- the 'H' code part?  There's a few A12 'experts' over on moparts.... maybe some info available there. I always thought they all were 'M' codes myself..... :scratchchin:
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

TeeWJay426

Snooped around in the A12 forum on moparts.... apparently it could be legit, as there were some A12 cars built with an 'H' code in the VIN, although the majority were 'M's. For reference, check this thread:

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=624129&an=0&page=0#Post624129
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

moparstuart

that one should sell well
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

472 R/T SE

If I'm not mistaken, all the early models had the "H" and are legit.  I think most of them were sent to Canada as well?  :shruggy:

This particular one even has "PILOT" on the paperwork.  I wonder, could it be one of the very first?

69bronzeT5

It has BC collector plates on it...havent ever seen it around though
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

69Coronet

I kinda thought it would be another guy who didnt know what the heck he was talking about and just trying to make a pile of money
Its no disgrace being poor.  Its just inconvienient.

70charger_boy

I thought the 69 1/2 lift off hood roadrunners only came in the color green ???

Charger-Bodie

the way to tell a real a12 car, is the fender tag it will say a12 . the rr a12s were 383 cars basicly pulled aside and modded to be 440 3x2  factory hot rods . the h code is on every a12 chicken ive ever seen but the fender tag vin matches the dash vin with the h in it.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

69_500

I could be wrong on this, but I think that there are a heck of a lot more than 10 cars that are missing the A12 from the fender tags. That is unless he is only counting the RR's, or if he is including the Super bee's as well.

I think that the VON is about the only way to tell if its an A12 car or not. As some are H codes, but the most are M codes. And all of them have E63 listed on the fender tag as the engine, which equates to a 383, so its all a big jumbled mess if you ask me.

Then again so are the 500's and Daytona's.

69CoronetRT

Quote from: 69_500 on September 05, 2007, 05:51:34 PM
I could be wrong on this, but I think that there are a heck of a lot more than 10 cars that are missing the A12 from the fender tags. That is unless he is only counting the RR's, or if he is including the Super bee's as well.

I think that the VON is about the only way to tell if its an A12 car or not. As some are H codes, but the most are M codes. And all of them have E63 listed on the fender tag as the engine, which equates to a 383, so its all a big jumbled mess if you ask me.

The VON is one way. IIRC, the A12 registry has the ranges of VONs assigned to A12 cars so you can check with them to verify a number. There are a couple of other items on an A12 tag that seem to be unique to them. All have one of two SPDs. While they use the standard Lynch Road codes for 383 engine and four speed tranny assembly, they have the 999 axle code.
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.