News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Uh, I fried my car...HELP!

Started by MoparYoungGun, August 31, 2007, 03:41:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoparYoungGun

Ok, it's simple enough to install gauges right? WRONG!

With nothing to do on the Charger, I decided to install a set of gauges in an old Buick I own (tach, water temp, oil press). I tapped the radio for positive (wired lights into the positive so they are always on) and grounded everything to a clean metal surface under the hood. Went to turn on the car, everything seemed fine, tried to crank it and heard the starter click once and thats it. I then had no power to anything, used a mutimeter and had no volts at the battery (like .04 or something miniscule). Disconnected the battery, the battery had 12.5 volts.

What the hell happened? The only thing I might have screwed up would be wiring the tach to the coil, although I'm pretty sure I went to the negative side. I'm kinda scared to hook the battery backup, don't want to fry anything else or myself for that matter.

Also, sorry for posting a non related Charger/Mopar question here but the Buick board doesnt answer stuff as quickly.

MoparYoungGun

Never mind, turns out I'm just a complete jackass :icon_smile_big: . Thanks anyways!

Ghoste

Oh now you can't do that.  You have to tell us.

4cruzin

Quote from: MoparYoungGun on August 31, 2007, 10:15:44 PM
Never mind, turns out I'm just a complete jackass :icon_smile_big: . Thanks anyways!

LMAO!!  It happens to the best of us . . . for sure!!    And yes . . even Chryco.    :icon_smile_big:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic