News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need help Gas in my oil

Started by 70charger_boy, August 30, 2007, 08:41:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70charger_boy

I was changing the oil in my charger(318) and noticed the smell of gas in the oil.  I inspected the oil and there was gas mixed in with it. The gas was at least a quart, because There was 7 quarts in the crankcase.  Is this bad?  I checked the plugs and they weren't gapped right.  Changed the plugs, but I'm wondering if it is safe to run the motor like this

supserdave

Not good to run it like that. You have something leaking in your carb, maybe a stuck needle and seat?

70charger_boy

71ChallengeHer

Make sure the fuel pump isn't leaking internally. I had that happen before and gas went on the oil.

Ranman69SE

If you are running a mechanical fuel pump, it is possible that the diaphragm is compromised and is leaking gas directly into your crankcase.  Remove the pump and check for fuel leaking around the pump arm.

Randy
'69 Charger SE 493
'65 Pontiac GTO 6.5 Liter Tripower 4-spd convertible
'78 Ford F250 4x4 SuperCab 460
'85 Yamaha FJ1100
'91 Yamaha FJ1200

70charger_boy

What I did notice is that the idiot and I mean IDIOT that owned it before me hooked up a small fuel cell under the hood and rigged the fuel line to the fuel pump.  Now, there should be 2 lines going into the fuel pump, correct?  I have to check Friday, but I'm sure that the fuel pump is the problem.

Thanks guys
And hello Jackie

71ChallengeHer

70charger_boy

71ChallengeHer

70charger_boy

Purple440

71ChallengeHer

Glad I won that Molson cooler. I'm saving it for the DC tent and will be bringing beer,  :cheers: And the Challenger. :drive: :drive: 

TUFCAT

Jackie had cold beer at Carlisle   :cheers:  Thanks Jackie!!! 

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: TUFCAT on August 30, 2007, 09:46:56 PM
Jackie had cold beer at Carlisle   :cheers:  Thanks Jackie!!! 
Anytime :cheers: Shelby says  :wave: