News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

okay, i think I snapped

Started by dukeboy_318, August 30, 2007, 06:06:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dukeboy_318

This morning at work i went off on one of my coworkers and for what i think is a good reason.  THe guy spent 21 years active duty army and likes to make comments about how the guard and reserves aren't military.  At first i kinda brushed it off, hes been doing this forever, but i realized that he wasn't just playing the inner service rivarly stuff especially when he made the comment that serving in the reserves or the guard doesn't count whether you are in iraq or not.  This is what made me snap cause A few months ago, I lost a friend to an IED in Iraq, I told him that he full of crap and that i'd like to see him tell the family of those who have lost their lives in their service to this nation that serving in the guard or reserves isn't truly military. He then said other derrogatory stuff that I can't mention on here.  I have respect for this gentlemen for his tour in vietnamn and his service and I would never say anything like that.  I've never been deployed but I have great respect for those who serve no matter what serivce.  Maybe I'm overly sensitive about this, but he needs to wake up to the real world and see that the guard and reserves are fighting right alongside regular army soldiers. Anyway, i'm just ranting, thanks for reading
1978 Dodge Power Wagon W200 4x4- 408 stroker/4spd
1974 Dodge Dart Swinger. 440 project in the works.

70charger_boy

I'll tell you what..Don't ever disrespect a vietnam vet.    I fly with 3 guys who were helicopter pilots in vietnam and those guys are real men.  They never bitch about the small stuff in life and appreciate life

Forza

Just ignore the douche bag. Everyone has their own opinions, even that ignorant bastard who probably doesn't realize the year is 2007 and not 1964. Active duty, reserves, or National Guard - Military is Military these days, everyones doing their part.

Old Moparz

Quote from: 70charger_boy on August 30, 2007, 06:39:08 AM
I'll tell you what..Don't ever disrespect a vietnam vet.    I fly with 3 guys who were helicopter pilots in vietnam and those guys are real men.  They never bitch about the small stuff in life and appreciate life

I used to work with an older guy who served in Vietnam. I'll agree with you that his service over there should be respected, but the guy was the true definition of a walking a-hole, & I had no respect for him because of it. Other coworkers had either quit, or had asked for some kind of transfer to avoid him. I'm a very patient person & can tolerate all kinds of people, but this guy came close to setting me off several times.

He was giving one of the computer techs a bunch of BS one day & the guy had had enough. The computer tech just flat out said to him, "Why don't you just get the hell out of here if you can't work with anyone. No wonder people here quit & your wife was cheating on you & wanted a divorce." I'd have never said that to his face, but I sure as hell agreed with what was said.

Respect has to be earned.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

70charger_boy

Quote from: Old Moparz on August 30, 2007, 08:38:17 AM
Quote from: 70charger_boy on August 30, 2007, 06:39:08 AM

I used to work with an older guy who served in Vietnam. I'll agree with you that his service over there should be respected, but the guy was the true definition of a walking a-hole, & I had no respect for him because of it. Other coworkers had either quit, or had asked for some kind of transfer to avoid him. I'm a very patient person & can tolerate all kinds of people, but this guy came close to setting me off several times.

He was giving one of the computer techs a bunch of BS one day & the guy had had enough. The computer tech just flat out said to him, "Why don't you just get the hell out of here if you can't work with anyone. No wonder people here quit & your wife was cheating on you & wanted a divorce." I'd have never said that to his face, but I sure as hell agreed with what was said.

Respect has to be earned.

:iagree:  a-holes are everywhere.  I know a few vets that are a-holes too, but I also know one guy  that was shot down 3 times and on 2 occasions had to run for his life while being chased by the enemy.  I can't imagine going through that.  I'm not even sure I would be able to survive it, either

my73charger

My nephew just returned from a 15 month tour of duty in Baghdad and he is Army National Guard.  He had close calls and near misses and everyday his life was on the line.  That is real enough for me.

The70RT

I hear ya. Sometimes you have to do what you gotta do. I have the up-most respect for all Vietnam Vets. My dad did service in WWII. My boss is a Vietnam vet. He just won't give it up though. EVERYTHING is based on the army. He tries to run our staff like we are military. His truck has stickers everywhere. His office looks like a military museum. And yeah he can be an asshole. It took me almost 10 years to let him know I am not gonna be treated like a piece of shit. My wife's boss is an attorney and was waiting to step in for me but I finally got the higher up authority to cool his jets before I sued him. If you didn't serve you are a piece of shit to him.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

dukeboy_318

i agree with everything you guys say, i have the utmost respect for vietnamn vets because of what they had to do and how they were treated upon thier return, however,  this guys is just a pure a-hole.  Normally i just zone him out and ignore him but today was just a bad day and having just lost a friend over in Iraq who was national guard, i took it as slap in the face to my late-friend and to all of the guardsmen and reservists that have paid the ultimate sacrafice.  As a vietnamn vet he should have respect for them and thier sacarfices because they are going through a similar situation that he had to serve in.  just me 2 cents worth,  thanks guys

pettyfan43

I got a GREAT story for you guys, When I took my psychology and Political science classes in college, my professor was a guy who was a gunner on a  Huey transport chopper, he sat on the side of the thing with that big cannon and shot the hell out of whatever moved on the ground, saw a LOT of front line action.

His biggest pet peeve is that the press pool reporters, particularly this young reporter for CBS News who had a bad habit o finding a young soldier and giving him his camera and telling them, get me some good stuff. So these young guys would get all this footage, then the reporter would file his reports about how rough the war was and how dangerous it was, while when the footage he was taking credit for was shot while he was doing shots in the Officer's club!

He gave the camera to my Professor, told him, _________ (I won't use his name) get me some good footage! And then walked off. Well he took the camera with good intentions, and they took heavy fire and were really taking some damage. The more he thought about it, the madder he got at the reporter! Finally about the third time he unloaded the cannon at the VC, he took the camera and just dropped it out the chopper!

They get back and the reporter chases him down and asks him __________ where's my camera? He just looks him dead in the eye and said "Last time I saw it, charlie had it on a rice pattie about 25 clicks southwest of here! If you hurry you might get it back!

That reporter just went ashen and looked at him like he had shot his dog! The soldier's OFFICIAL story was that it fell out of the chopper but he said I just got pissed off and dropped it!

BTW the reporter, was none other than mister "Make up your own source and call it fact" Dan Rather!

One of the funniest things I have EVER heard when you hear the professor tell it.

pettyfan43

Quote from: dukeboy_318 on August 30, 2007, 03:56:01 PM
i agree with everything you guys say, i have the utmost respect for vietnamn vets because of what they had to do and how they were treated upon thier return, however,  this guys is just a pure a-hole.  Normally i just zone him out and ignore him but today was just a bad day and having just lost a friend over in Iraq who was national guard, i took it as slap in the face to my late-friend and to all of the guardsmen and reservists that have paid the ultimate sacrafice.  As a vietnamn vet he should have respect for them and thier sacarfices because they are going through a similar situation that he had to serve in.  just me 2 cents worth,  thanks guys

I don't blame you one bit, Guardsmen are taking fire and getting killed just like every other branch over there.

Silver R/T

national guard is just as military as an army, etc. They get called 2nd after more troops are needed
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

70charger_boy

Quote from: pettyfan43 on August 30, 2007, 07:08:47 PM
I got a GREAT story for you guys, When I took my psychology and Political science classes in college, my professor was a guy who was a gunner on a  Huey transport chopper, he sat on the side of the thing with that big cannon and shot the hell out of whatever moved on the ground, saw a LOT of front line action.

His biggest pet peeve is that the press pool reporters, particularly this young reporter for CBS News who had a bad habit o finding a young soldier and giving him his camera and telling them, get me some good stuff. So these young guys would get all this footage, then the reporter would file his reports about how rough the war was and how dangerous it was, while when the footage he was taking credit for was shot while he was doing shots in the Officer's club!

He gave the camera to my Professor, told him, _________ (I won't use his name) get me some good footage! And then walked off. Well he took the camera with good intentions, and they took heavy fire and were really taking some damage. The more he thought about it, the madder he got at the reporter! Finally about the third time he unloaded the cannon at the VC, he took the camera and just dropped it out the chopper!

They get back and the reporter chases him down and asks him __________ where's my camera? He just looks him dead in the eye and said "Last time I saw it, charlie had it on a rice pattie about 25 clicks southwest of here! If you hurry you might get it back!

That reporter just went ashen and looked at him like he had shot his dog! The soldier's OFFICIAL story was that it fell out of the chopper but he said I just got pissed off and dropped it!

BTW the reporter, was none other than mister "Make up your own source and call it fact" Dan Rather!

One of the funniest things I have EVER heard when you hear the professor tell it.

Tell your professor he is one cool son of a bitch.  Door gunners get all my respect in the world :2thumbs:

bull

The comments made by your coworker make absolutely no sense, so take it for what it is: nonsense.

I'll tell you one thing that a coworker of mine said about the military. He served active duty four years and now he's re-upped in the reserves and he said (don't kill me now, I'm just the messenger) many of those career military guys are career military because they can't make it anywhere else, whereas the reserves and national guard typically are people with college degrees, careers, families, businesses, mortgages, etc. They can survive and thrive outside of the military but if it weren't for the military some guys would be living on the street.

68chrgrwife

Quote from: bull on August 30, 2007, 11:45:10 PM
The comments made by your coworker make absolutely no sense, so take it for what it is: nonsense.

I'll tell you one thing that a coworker of mine said about the military. He served active duty four years and now he's re-upped in the reserves and he said (don't kill me now, I'm just the messenger) many of those career military guys are career military because they can't make it anywhere else, whereas the reserves and national guard typically are people with college degrees, careers, families, businesses, mortgages, etc. They can survive and thrive outside of the military but if it weren't for the military some guys would be living on the street.

I find that funny..my father-in-law and step mother-in-law were both career Navy and they both now have excellent jobs as civilians (and have families).  My husband is planning on going career and we have three kids (so obviously he has a family).  Some people just have a great sense of duty to their country.  Plus, the job security in the military is better than the civilian world....Hubby has thought of gettingout a few times, but I told him what happens if you get the cut one day and we are stuck with three kids and no income?  That doesn't happen in the military.  Unless you're a fuck up you choose when you want to leave......
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

Orange_Crush

I wasn't going to contribute buuut....

I had a relative (now buried at Arlington) who was career Navy and was a Commander upon his retirment.  This guy was an Annapolis grad who was Navy through and through. 

In any case, this guy told me the exact same thing Bull's co-worker said.  This is the same relative who told me to stay out of the military. 
I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

440AirForce

I retired out of the Air Force two months ago (active duty).  I can tell you that the guard and reserves I worked with over the past 21 years were (are)  the most talented and dedicated professionals I've seen. :Twocents:
Whether or not I'm good at English is inimportant!

derailed

I think you did the right thing Dukeboy, I have respect for men and women who serve in the military but when somone is disrespectful to me regardless who they are they will recieve no respect from me. The guy has no business making comments like that to you.

dukeboy_318

thanks guys, as far as i'm concerned its a done deal and its in the past hopefully he got my point and needs to keep his personal beliefs and feelings to himself and show the same respect that we give to him for being a vietnamn vet.

bull

Quote from: 68chrgrwife on August 31, 2007, 11:18:34 AM

I find that funny..my father-in-law and step mother-in-law were both career Navy and they both now have excellent jobs as civilians (and have families).  My husband is planning on going career and we have three kids (so obviously he has a family).  Some people just have a great sense of duty to their country.  Plus, the job security in the military is better than the civilian world....Hubby has thought of gettingout a few times, but I told him what happens if you get the cut one day and we are stuck with three kids and no income?  That doesn't happen in the military.  Unless you're a fuck up you choose when you want to leave......

Like he said, "some" and/or "many" but by no means "all" of them.

70 Battle Horse

You should ask him what he thinks about an arrogant a hole like John Kerry, and how he rode out a career on the coat tails  of his "service" to the country.
I have worked side by side with several Viet Nam vets....... most don't bitch, or thump their chests about their service. The ones who hoot and holler about it, usually just want a pass for being a holes

Best 1/4 run so far 12.7 @ 108 mph