News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

So who is ready for another Draft?

Started by 4aThrill, August 29, 2007, 07:54:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

last426

Quote from: TheGhost on August 30, 2007, 01:51:17 PM

You were one of those guys that would spit on Vietnam vets as they were returning home from the war, weren't you?

Better than that, I kicked their butt grade wise when they tried to do college on the GI Bill.  Seems the Army is good at teaching people how to salute but not so good at teaching them how to think.  And now each and every one of them is sitting on the sidewalk here in San Francisco with misspelled signs as folks like you avert your eyes, shake your heads, and try to make laws against homelessness.  The country that you pretend to care so much about seems to have forgotten them.

As I understand you are too young to have been there but generally the protesters were very sympathetic to returning soldiers.  The spitting thing is a folktale that people seem to rely on as though it is some kind of support for troops.  Support for our troops is protesting every ill conceived war and keeping precious American blood from being shed for frivolous reasons. Four Dead in Ohio, listen to it, learn from it.  Kim

Mean 318

Quote from: last426 on August 30, 2007, 02:57:46 PM
Quote from: TheGhost on August 30, 2007, 01:51:17 PM

You were one of those guys that would spit on Vietnam vets as they were returning home from the war, weren't you?

Better than that, I kicked their butt grade wise when they tried to do college on the GI Bill.  Seems the Army is good at teaching people how to salute but not so good at teaching them how to think.  And now each and every one of them is sitting on the sidewalk here in San Francisco with misspelled signs as folks like you avert your eyes, shake your heads, and try to make laws against homelessness.  The country that you pretend to care so much about seems to have forgotten them.
I am speechless! :icon_smile_dissapprove:

Mefirst

Its weird...

Reading this thread, I get an impression that it seems like the most people serving in the Us. Military right now, don't want to go to war.. The ones that speak most about how noble it is to go to war and serve your country, are those who sit at home, in their comfy chair, in front of the computer and writing in internet Forum threads and state that "They would in a heartbeat go to war.." How utterly retarded, well al you home front "soldiers, why don't you join the military and go to Iraq or Afghanistan and replace the men and women who don't even want to be there in the first place :scratchchin: -Ooh, and if there isnt enough action in Iraq or Afganistan for you "home front soldiers", why don't you pressure your government to invade Iran as well....

I have done compulsory military service in Finland. Would I go and fight a war thousands of miles away, on the other side of the planet earth for Finland, -NO way! But try to come across the boarder of Finland, in that case Id have no problem joining up and protecting my country...

My :Twocents:

4aThrill

Or this is what could be done instead of a draft; for all the illegals in this country they get to go fight for us. Instead of taking our jobs, social security and living off of us. If they want to be here in the USA they will have to earn the right stay like most people on this site has done and still are doing. Instead of sending our own over there, don't get me wrong sending people who are 18-25 sounds alright if there they are the type of people who spend the time chilling out, smoking, and playing Xbox all the time they should go to. When they go and come back they will have a better understanding on how the world turns if this happens. To put the word out that USA will not let anyone into this country until they earn the right to be here for fighting our wars.  To make sure these people will serve their full time of no less than 4 yrs in the service; otherwise they and if they have a family they all get sent back where they came from. This sounds fair doesn't it?

:patriot:

69DodgeCharger

"why don't you pressure your government to invade Iran as well...."

No need to pressure them I'm sure they are working on that as we speak. No need to rush things. Curious George and Darth Cheney still have 16 months left to get around to that? That's plenty enough time to fabricate some reason to go into Iran and Syria. I mean it's not like they haven't done it before?
http://www.mypowerblock.com/profile/69DodgeCharger

The bugle sounds the charge begins. But on this battlefield no one wins.

Chargen69

Is this thread still open?  wow... I'm slow, but...

in before da  :dancinglock:

Chargen69

Quote from: 69DodgeCharger on August 30, 2007, 04:42:56 PM
"why don't you pressure your government to invade Iran as well...."

No need to pressure them I'm sure they are working on that as we speak. No need to rush things. Curious George and Darth Cheney still have 16 months left to get around to that? That's plenty enough time to fabricate some reason to go into Iran and Syria. I mean it's not like they haven't done it before?

actually, I have a friend who is now a trainer at Top Gun, before that, he flew in Irag, he told us that before we went into Irag, that they had learned every foot of iran and had done hours and hours in the simulators flying over iran.

Mean 318

this is stupid and pointless! Plese just  :dancinglock: this thing!

Mike DC

C'mon guys.  This thread was originally just about the draft. 
We could start another Bush-bashing session & let the wild accusations fly, but there's no point.  It'll just kill the thread.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I had a brother at Khe Sanh, fighting off the Viet Cong.  They're still there, he's all gone."

Bruce took two sentences, and summed up the whole Vietnam war about as well as anyone ever has.   :'(

The whole thing sucks.  Then and now.

69DodgeCharger

Quote from: Mean 318 on August 30, 2007, 04:51:21 PM
this is stupid and pointless! Plese just  :dancinglock: this thing!

I'd say that too if I had been called out like you have.

last426

Quote from: Mefirst on August 30, 2007, 04:26:13 PM
Its weird...
Reading this thread, I get an impression that it seems like the most people serving in the Us. Military right now, don't want to go to war.. The ones that speak most about how noble it is to go to war and serve your country, are those who sit at home, in their comfy chair, in front of the computer and writing in internet Forum threads and state that "They would in a heartbeat go to war.." How utterly retarded, well al you home front "soldiers, why don't you join the military and go to Iraq or Afghanistan and replace the men and women who don't even want to be there in the first place

Ahh, let me instruct you about the blowhard, insecure, always macho, generally undereducated, American male.  Quick to anger, quick to blame others, quick to do the easy facades of patriotism.  But mostly quick to stand on a soapbox in the safety of their homes and spew platitudes rather than actually perform actions. Oh sure, they'll shed a tear as they clean the revolver that they claim is used to protect their family while it actually is a proxy for the phallus they lack.  Hence their insecurity.  They know they are impotent, their life just didn't amount to much, sure, if they could put down the beer they fancy themselves as somehow improving, but alas, deep inside they know the truth.  And the truth is, forums like this provide the only avenue for them to try to impress people.  Better this than slapping their unfortunate wives, lynching (blaming for those who lack understanding) an innocent minority, or molesting a child (I believe America leads the world in all of these).  Oh, and still supporting from afar a silly war that most Americans have finally realized as one man's folly.  Such is the American male.  Uh oh, I hope this isn't self loathing (it may be but it still was fun to write).  Kim

Mike DC

I'm out.  See you guys on some other thread.

:P

BMOTOXSTAR

That draft sucks. Why should I fight for a war that I do not believe in?  :Twocents:
If you do not like my opinion you can do what is right for you & leave me the hell alone. :yesnod:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

69DodgeCharger

Geez Kim....Tell us how you really feel.

69CoronetRT

Quote from: last426 on August 30, 2007, 05:03:14 PM
Its weird...
Reading this thread, I get an impression that it seems like the most people serving in the Us. Military right now, don't want to go to war.. The ones that speak most about how noble it is to go to war and serve your country, are those who sit at home, in their comfy chair, in front of the computer and writing in internet Forum threads and state that "They would in a heartbeat go to war.." How utterly retarded, well al you home front "soldiers, why don't you join the military and go to Iraq or Afghanistan and replace the men and women who don't even want to be there in the first place

Ahh, let me instruct you about the blowhard, insecure, always macho, generally undereducated, American male.  Quick to anger, quick to blame others, quick to do the easy facades of patriotism.  But mostly quick to stand on a soapbox in the safety of their homes and spew platitudes rather than actually perform actions. Oh sure, they'll shed a tear as they clean the revolver that they claim is used to protect their family while it actually is a proxy for the phallus they lack.  Hence their insecurity.  They know they are impotent, their life just didn't amount to much, sure, if they could put down the beer they fancy themselves as somehow improving, but alas, deep inside they know the truth.  And the truth is, forums like this provide the only avenue for them to try to impress people.  Better this than slapping their unfortunate wives, lynching (blaming for those who lack understanding) an innocent minority, or molesting a child (I believe America leads the world in all of these).  Oh, and still supporting from afar a silly war that most Americans have finally realized as one man's folly.  Such is the American male.  Uh oh, I hope this isn't self loathing (it may be but it still was fun to write).  Kim

Quotehere in San Francisco

The most telling thing you've written so far......

231 years of others willing to fight and die for your right of free speech...and this is what you do with it?
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

Mean 318

Quote from: 69DodgeCharger on August 30, 2007, 04:54:26 PM
Quote from: Mean 318 on August 30, 2007, 04:51:21 PM
this is stupid and pointless! Please just  :dancinglock: this thing!

I'd say that too if I had been called out like you have.
Called out... you told me to go join the army... I am currently going to school as a fire fighter, I have also plan on doing some form of service to my country after I graduate. So hows about you move to Canada or mexico when I join up ass hole! Go piss on to someone else you coward! "called out" Say what you want about me... I am done reading this thread. Have at it big guy!

pettyfan43

Quote from: hutch on August 30, 2007, 10:30:41 AM
We need a draft right out of high school and none of this school or work deferment stuff like we had back in Nam.  And I think only Vets should be able to vote.

I don't agree with the voting thing at all, Just because someone has never served does not make them incapable of choosing a leader.
There are also people that for whatever reason, CAN'T serve. Would you exclude them as well?

That is wrong.

pettyfan43

Its weird...

Reading this thread, I get an impression that it seems like the most people serving in the Us. Military right now, don't want to go to war.. The ones that speak most about how noble it is to go to war and serve your country, are those who sit at home, in their comfy chair, in front of the computer and writing in internet Forum threads and state that "They would in a heartbeat go to war.." How utterly retarded, well al you home front "soldiers, why don't you join the military and go to Iraq or Afghanistan and replace the men and women who don't even want to be there in the first place :scratchchin: -Ooh, and if there isnt enough action in Iraq or Afganistan for you "home front soldiers", why don't you pressure your government to invade Iran as well....

I have done compulsory military service in Finland. Would I go and fight a war thousands of miles away, on the other side of the planet earth for Finland, -NO way! But try to come across the boarder of Finland, in that case Id have no problem joining up and protecting my country...

My :Twocents:

Mainly because I'm nearly 41, I'm diabetic and have high blood pressure, a bad knee and a bad ankle, Not to mention my weight problem stemming from being diabetic and on insulin.

I wish I HAD understood how things were 20 years ago! I wish I HAD understood what the world REALLY was like when I was 20. I probably would have enlisted, but I was lazy shiftless and uninformed. I didn't understand how good the Military could have been good for me. 

Trust me I really do understand this question and that is the best answer I can give, it is also WHY I respect Soldiers that have served and serve in military action, or even serve as a guard at a gate in Georgia. As far as a draft, I SERIOUSLY doubt that is coming anyway.

I will just say as I did before, THANK YOU to all who have served.

Silver R/T

Quote from: Mean 318 on August 29, 2007, 10:40:03 PM
Quote from: Silver R/T on August 29, 2007, 08:21:51 PM
Moving to Canada might be an option :)
coward
Quote from: Mean 318 on August 29, 2007, 10:40:03 PM
Quote from: Silver R/T on August 29, 2007, 08:21:51 PM
Moving to Canada might be an option :)
coward

let's see your punk ass go to army now. It seems that many of us talk tough but not all of us actually do it. And I'm not going to be the one that fights wars for presidents. I hate politics/politicians (especially the ones that never went to army themselves) and if they make conflicts its absurd to have innocent people fight their wars. Why do they always send the poor?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tqL8j-GIBc
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Silver R/T

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Silver R/T

Quote from: Back N Black on August 30, 2007, 11:56:39 AM
Quote from: Mean 318 on August 29, 2007, 11:07:03 PM
You are a douche bag and a coward! Go to Canada and take silver with you!! You can both run away from your duty as an American citizen!

Mean 318
What are you waiting for? sign up now,don't wait for a draft! Talk is cheap.

exactly, report back when you do. You do not realize that thousands of people come U.S. running AWAY from the war, they do not want to fight another one. You do not attack someone else if they do not share your opinion. Just do whatever pleases you, in this case you should go sign up and show us your bravery and heroism.

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

70charger_boy

Its weird...

Kim, you are one hell of a writer!!!  I only wish I could put my thoughts into words like you did.  Are you a writer?

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

bull

Its weird...

If we were all intentionally unemployed like all the liberal/worthless/criminal ilk you so wholeheartedly defend (wife-slappers the child molesters) we'd have plenty of time to go outside our homes, leave our families and do our part (do you have a wife and kids?). But, we choose to take jobs and remain productive members of society, paying craploads of taxes to support the jobless boneheads who are milking this country for all its worth, and that unfortunately doesn't leave much time for anything else but voting or sending letters to our so-called representatives. That's why you don't see clean-cut, well-adjusted, sensible people at protests, they're at work or at home being mom or dad. Instead you only see throngs of stinking hippies holding up signs and wearing masks and throwing bricks through the windows of Starbucks. They don't work so they've got plenty of time to either stand around with misspelled signs begging for money or getting paid to protest anything that opposes communism.

Besides, how is it that you think you're so wise you can judge people as you do? You don't know anything about our lives beyond this forum and I seriously doubt you've actually lowered yourself off your high horse long enough to meet or get to know anyone here, have you? I'd be real surprised. You are the epitome of the arrogant, judgemental fool IMO. Your self-righteous intelligence is the proxy for the phallus you lack. Maybe you should buy a gun and play with it so we don't have to read your off-kilter crap.