News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

So who is ready for another Draft?

Started by 4aThrill, August 29, 2007, 07:54:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4aThrill

So who is ready for another Draft? What there is a draft going on you say. Well, there is and there isn't one. Let me explain; there is a draft that is happening throughout the military right now. Military personnel can either volunteer themselves to go to Iran, Afghanistan, Iraq, or South Africa, or they can voluntold to go for the minimum amount of 385 days. So instead of military personnel reenlisting when their time is almost up, they are thinking about the fact that they could  be sent to one of these places even though their not in the Army, or Marines. Since there is a higher rate of people getting out of the military than reenlisting, when do you think they will start another draft? Or maybe they will finally decide to pull out of this war or whatever they want to call it.

:eek2:

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Lowprofile

"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

4aThrill

moving to Canada sounds like an good idea, or you just fall off the grid and move to the mountainas or something since these classic cars don't have tracking devices in them. unless there is a  low jack or other things like satellite radio,gps and so on.

70charger_boy

I already served so they can't get me.. :nana:

Orange_Crush

This is when its nice to have dual citizenship.
I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

pettyfan43

All I can say is if my country needed me, I'd go! I have the utmost respect for ANYBODY who serves in the military! For those who serve, THANK YOU! If you VOLUNTARILY went into the military and thought you could never be put on the line in military action, you are sadly delusional. If you VOLUNTEER for the military you have to know this is ALWAYS a possibility.

If you are gonna go to a foreign country just to get out of serving your country, you are sad and pathetic.   :rotz: :rotz: :rotz: :rotz: :rotz:

For those who serve THANK YOU!  :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:

To those who serve in war, THANK YOU and may God watch over you and bring you home safe! The rest of us can enjoy what we have because of your sacrifices. Because of you we can celebrate a holiday like Labor day by playing with a 40 year old Dodge! That is what I'll be doing.

Ya know guys, Freedom is NOT FREE, it is NOT owned, it is LEASED and unfortunately every now and then a payment has to be made.

If you still don't get it watch this..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WB76cYS8Ehw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctVI5baftFo&mode=related&search=

And this. And if that just doesn't get the point across...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t32NdpPDVCI

Soldiers THANK YOU!

Charger1973

Quote from: 70charger_boy on August 29, 2007, 08:40:14 PM

Me too.   :patriot:  There are some days I wish I was still in... but not too many.   ;)   

69CoronetRT

Quote from: pettyfan43 on August 29, 2007, 09:45:25 PM
All I can say is if my country needed me, I'd go! I have the utmost respect for ANYBODY who serves in the military! For those who serve, THANK YOU! If you VOLUNTARILY went into the military and thought you could never be put on the line in military action, you are sadly delusional. If you VOLUNTEER for the military you have to know this is ALWAYS a possibility.

If you are gonna go to a foreign country just to get out of serving your country, you are sad and pathetic.   :rotz: :rotz: :rotz: :rotz: :rotz:

For those who serve THANK YOU!  :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:

To those who serve in war, THANK YOU and may God watch over you and bring you home safe! The rest of us can enjoy what we have because of your sacrifices. Because of you we can celebrate a holiday like Labor day by playing with a 40 year old Dodge! That is what I'll be doing.

Ya know guys, Freedom is NOT FREE, it is NOT owned, it is LEASED and unfortunately every now and then a payment has to be made.

If you still don't get it watch this..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WB76cYS8Ehw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctVI5baftFo&mode=related&search=

And this. And if that just doesn't get the point across...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t32NdpPDVCI

Soldiers THANK YOU!

Nice post. Thanks :2thumbs:
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

last426

Quote from: pettyfan43 on August 29, 2007, 09:45:25 PM

If you are gonna go to a foreign country just to get out of serving your country, you are sad and pathetic. 

Oh please.  Have you even read the book by Robert McNamara where he admits that both he and LBJ lied to the American public while 56,000 American men and women were slaughtered for no good reason.  The heroes of that war were the thousands who went to Canada, protested on campuses, and were even killed by our own National Guard (Kent State).  What makes a hero is not walking in lock step over the cliff like a lemming but rather considering what he is asked to do, considering the ramifications, and making a choice, as hard as that may seem.  You can post all of the flag waving, tear jerking youtube videos that you want but believe this: if there ever is a draft the tragedy that is Iraq will stop immediately because Americans will not stomach their children being forced to leave home in a plane only to return in a box.  Our treasure and our kids cannot be wasted so that someone in a sovereign country can paint their fingers purple -- the American public will not stand for it. Kim

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Mean 318

You are a douche bag and a coward! Go to Canada and take silver with you!! You can both run away from your duty as an American citizen!

I can hear the hammer coming down. 

I hope they don't have a draft.  Not because I don't want to serve (I'd volunteer if the draft started tommorow) but because I don't want to be stuck with some jackass in a foxhole someplace who's only thought is how the hell he's gonna high-tail it over the next ridge at the first sign of trouble.  I can't put to words how strongly I feel about lowlife draft dodgers and I know I can't do it without getting personal so I'm gonna stop right here.
When I was just a very young lad I looked up and told my dad, a bareback rider's what I wanna be.  I want the whole world to know about me.  In the rodeo arena I'll make my stand.  I wanna be a rodeo man.  I'll come flyin' from the chute with my spurs up high, chaps and boots reachin' for the sky.  Spurin' wild with my head throwed back, you'll ask 'Who's that,' well that's Bareback Jack.  You'll ask 'Who's that,' well that's Bareback Jack.

69CoronetRT

Quote from: Mean 318 on August 29, 2007, 11:07:03 PM
You are a douche bag and a coward! Go to Canada and take silver with you!! You can both run away from your duty as an American citizen!

Mean, let's rethink this post and try to keep the thread from becoming locked. I understand your point and passion but let's try another way....
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

Mean 318

no one wants to see a draft, but like you said. if one were to happen it is your duty as an American to be there!

Todd Wilson

:2thumbs:

bull

Quote from: Silver R/T on August 29, 2007, 11:06:07 PM
mexico sounds like fun also

Yea, I vote you go to Mexico. So when are you leaving?

Lowprofile

Quote from: last426 on August 29, 2007, 10:58:38 PM

Oh please.  Have you even read the book by Robert McNamara where he admits that both he and LBJ lied to the American public while 56,000 American men and women were slaughtered for no good reason. 

58,209. Thats the number of US Service Men and Women who gave their lives. Thats the same number those two cowards McNamara & LBJ are responsible for getting killed because they lacked the "intestinal fortitude" as polititans, as men & as human beings to get the job done. My uncle did four tours, the last two as an Army Ranger. He was there at the fall of Saigon.........It haunted him until his death 9 years ago.
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

chargerboy69

I could not agree more.   :smilielol: There are a couple more on here that can make the trip with you.

In before the lock. :2thumbs:
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

hemihead

They will change the draft laws so nobody will be able to run to another country.Also, you won't be able to hide in college anymore. They will let you finish the semester you are in but that's it.Women may also end up being drafted.
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

70charger_boy

Quote from: Charger1973 on August 29, 2007, 10:49:29 PM
Quote from: 70charger_boy on August 29, 2007, 08:40:14 PM

Me too.   :patriot:  There are some days I wish I was still in... but not too many.   ;)   

It's funny, because when I was in I hated it.  Now, I wish I was in and everytime I see a show with a carrier on it I just get so choked up and I'm so proud that I served....

Only next time, I'm gonna be a marine!

Arthu®

Uhm why would you want people fighting a war they don't agree with? They will probably make the shittiest soldiers a war has seen. I don't believe in drafting, if you can't find enough soldiers that want to fight for the cause (whatever that is) than maybe the people don't agree with the war? Wouldn't you think that if people saw the war as the right thing, people would be proud to serve for that cause?  Oh yeah and I am in befo da lock!

Arthur
Striving for world domination since 1986

70charger_boy

Quote from: Arthu® on August 30, 2007, 06:34:34 AM
Uhm why would you want people fighting a war they don't agree with? They will probably make the shittiest soldiers a war has seen. I don't believe in drafting, if you can't find enough soldiers that want to fight for the cause (whatever that is) than maybe the people don't agree with the war? Wouldn't you think that if people saw the war as the right thing, people would be proud to serve for that cause?  Oh yeah and I am in befo da lock!

Arthur

Wow, I finally agree with Arthur... Is hell going to freeze over?

Seriously, This war is bullshit.  Young kids are dying.  Kids graduate high school and are looking forward to living a life, getting drunk, having kids, blah blah woof woff. They don't need the draft hanging over their heads.   :patriot: I'm sure this country has enough people in it to volunteer