News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

3rd Gen to 2nd Gen parts swap

Started by Brian in GA, August 29, 2007, 03:10:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian in GA

Alright, here it is.  I had a local guy who pulled my 68 charger to the house call me a while ago.  Seems he went to pull a car from the yard on a mobile home eviction.  Turns out it's a 1971 charger.  That's all I know right now.  He said he talked to the father, and asked if it was for sale because he knew I might be interested.  The father said to make an offer, as it belongs to his son and he hasn't worked on it in 2-3 years and may be willing to get rid of it. 

This may be the time to get a deal, considering the circumstances.  I'm going to look at it today at the wrecker yard after work.  I'll post some pics and check the vin to see what I'm dealing with. 

My question is this--I maybe could flip it or make a little $ on parts if I can get it cheap enough, to help with the 68 resto, but what is interchangeable from a 71 to a 68?  I'm mainly curious about disc brakes, rear ends, brake drums, suspension, that type of thing.  I know the interior would be incorrect, and none of the body panels would swap. 

Let me know what you think.  The guy told me he thinks this car has a 318, so no goodies there.  I'll post some pics tonight or in the morning to get some input.   

Charger74

Pretty much nothing but maybe engine and tranny, at least not without some very heavy modes.  but this would be mainly the interior.  You would be best flipping the car to someone who will restore or rebuild it.