News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

520 Stroker with Indy SR heads

Started by Jesco, August 27, 2007, 06:55:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesco

I have problem with my new built engine. It's eat oil - have to fill oil the whole time and it have no leaks. It smoke and you can smell the oil of the exaust.
We have change the valve seals on the cylinder heads. And the crank ventilation is from the one side of the valve covers to air filter and the outher side valve cover is from the pcv to the carb/intake. But it still smoke.

The engine pull very strong but smoke and smell oil. Somethíng wrong with the Indy cylinder heads??? We just bolt them on..... But have change the valve seals on intake.

Someone have problem with their indys?
1964 Dodge 330 Super Stock Clon
1969 Dodge Charger R/T

firefighter3931

Jesco, do a compression and leakdown tests on your motor....it could be the rings going bad.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Jesco

although I have awesome power in the engine - seems like it's no lack of compression.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T

Challenger340

Is it actually blowing "blue" smoke out BOTH pipes ?

Did you say you "changed" the valve seals ?

Does it blow worse at idle, or immediately after idling for awhile ?
Only wimps wear Bowties !

Jesco

Yes I have changed the seals on intake valves. Now there teflon seals. Yes it smoke from both the pipes. When doing kick-downs it smoke badly. But on idle its not much, nothing at all you can say... Sorry for my bad english...
1969 Dodge Charger R/T

Challenger340

Quote from: firefighter3931 on August 27, 2007, 08:44:58 AM
Jesco, do a compression and leakdown tests on your motor....it could be the rings going bad.

Ron

Bump.
Only wimps wear Bowties !

Hot_Rodder

you say you've gone and changed the intake valve seals, and went with the Teflon seals, but you've got smoke coming out of the exhuast, what about the exhaust valve seals? Or am I barking up the wrong tree here? I do agree with conducting a compression and leak down test though.

six-tee-nine

If your engine isn't smoking at idle and smokes heavy after idling for a while my guess is bad piston rings.

You can have a great loss of compression long before you notice loss of power....

Didt you ever had overheating problems with you engine because that could cause failing piston rings.
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...