News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

DON'T KNOCK IT UNTIL YOU TRY IT....

Started by Wheels of Terror, August 26, 2007, 08:35:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wheels of Terror

:icon_smile_big: A 06 Hemi Charger(Black Crystal Metallic) now resides next to my 74 Charger and my Dakota. This Charger handles like a dream with alot of attitude to boot. A perfect blend of muscle and luxury. This Charger is AWESOME. Seriously guys,I know alot of you hate the new Charger but at least REALLY drive one.
1999 Pontiac Trans Am
1982 KARR Knight Rider Replica
2009 Dodge Avenger
Looking for another Third Gen Charger

pettyfan43

Quote from: Wheels of Terror on August 26, 2007, 08:35:36 PM
:icon_smile_big: A 06 Hemi Charger(Black crystal Metallic) now resides next to my 74 Charger and my Dakota. This Charger handles like a dream with alot of attitude to boot. A perfect blend of muscle and luxury. This Charger is AWESOME. Seriously guys,I know alot of you hate the new Charger but at least REALLY drive one. I'll post pics as soon as i get my camera situated.

Post away, I like the new car! There is a Purple R/T Daytona here in the town I live in.

mikesbbody

i dont hate them w.o.t lets see those pics!  :2thumbs:

hemihead

Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

Khyron

sorry, but I'll continue to knock it without driving it.

My problem has never been about the handling, looks, or performance.

My problem is in its name.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

TruckDriver

I only like them on the back of a wrecker totaled out. :D  Even if they called it a different name, they are gawd ugly to me anyway.  :eek2:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Wheels of Terror

Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on August 26, 2007, 09:13:52 PM
I only like them on the back of a wrecker totaled out. :D  Even if they called it a different name, they are gawd ugly to me anyway.  :eek2:

Why can't you express your opinion in a more respectful way? Anyway, ya can't take the smile off of my face.  :icon_smile_big: I enjoy having two Chargers. I have a 74 and my husband had a 69. Yes, this Charger is worthy of the name Charger. I don't want this post to turn into something negative. I just want to show my Charger to those that do like it. :cheers: :cheers:
1999 Pontiac Trans Am
2009 Dodge Avenger

Khyron

Well, I do wish you the best of luck with the car and honestly hope you enjoy every second with it. The only important thing is .. of course... how much you like it  :2thumbs:

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Wheels of Terror

Quote from: Khyron on August 26, 2007, 09:35:26 PM
Well, I do wish you the best of luck with the car and honestly hope you enjoy every second with it. The only important thing is .. of course... how much you like it  :2thumbs:

Thank you. :lol: :cheers:
1999 Pontiac Trans Am
2009 Dodge Avenger

69bronzeT5

I honestly thought that the car didnt deserve the Charger name, I admit I didnt like it when it first came out but my grandpa's neighbour brought one home for the night (he delivers new cars) and we test drove it for about 10 mins. It looked the same as Wheels of Terror's 06 except it was metallic blue. My grandpa stopped and then floored it and that thing went pretty damn good!!! The car actually sounds good for a new car. If I had the cash, Id get one but I dont have the cash so oh well :rotz:. The SRT-8 and Daytonas are sweet!
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Blakcharger440

They should have called it the Newport,Monaco,Cordoba,Imperial or just called it the Magnum instead.

Silver R/T

nobody says its a bad car, its just not a Charger. If I were to buy fast 4 door it would be either STi or EVO, both are AWD also with plenty of aftermarket support and good customer support.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Nacho-RT74

as stated by merchandising studies made by Chrysler... Women are on comand of what cars a house need, so then a sedan. Chrysler is right  :RantExplode: ::)
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

69charger2002

i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

aussiemuscle

who cares if it has more than two doors? it doesn't affect the rest of the car (performance, handling, attitude). i also doubt its the reason you LIKE the 2nd gen chargers.  :angel:

thanks for showing us you new charger and it sure looks sweet

TruckDriver

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on August 26, 2007, 11:23:11 PM
as stated by merchandising studies made by Chrysler... Women are on comand of what cars a house need, so then a sedan. Chrysler is right  :RantExplode: ::)

Been there, done that, NEVER again! The best part, my girlfriend doesn't care.
Quote from: Wheels of Terror on August 26, 2007, 09:30:11 PM

Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on August 26, 2007, 09:13:52 PM
I only like them on the back of a wrecker totaled out. :D Even if they called it a different name, they are gawd ugly to me anyway. :eek2:

Why can't you express your opinion in a more respectful way?

I didn't think I was :shruggy: I wasn't bashing you or your car. I hope you enjoy it. I just don't like anything current that Chrysler makes. Right now, I'd buy a Mustang before I'd buy a new Mopar. Sorry.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

SRT-440

Theres not too many cars I'd rather have than a SRT8 Charger! So, yes I like them..enjoy it!  :2thumbs:
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog..."

2012 SRT8 392 Challenger (SOLD)
2004 Dodge Stage 1 SRT-4 (SOLD)
1970 Plymouth Road Runner Clone w/6.1 HEMI (SOLD)
1971 Dodge Dart w/440 (SOLD)
1985 Buick Grand National w/'87 swap and big turbo (SOLD)

472 R/T SE

Good for you.  I haven't seen too many in that shade.

In a few years when my wife gets out of school, a purple SRT will replace my 300m.  :2thumbs:

bull

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on August 27, 2007, 03:24:40 PM
Good for you.  I haven't seen too many in that shade.

In a few years when my wife gets out of school, a purple SRT will replace my 300m.  :2thumbs:

You aren't going to leave it outside are you? :naughty: :hack:

jaak

Enjoy your new ride, I gotta admit, I like the new chargers too. Don't pay attention to the nay sayers, some grown men just need something to cry about.

Jason

Fitz73Chrgr

'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

41husk

Quote from: Khyron on August 26, 2007, 09:11:12 PM
sorry, but I'll continue to knock it without driving it.

My problem has never been about the handling, looks, or performance.

My problem is in its name.

I agree! should have called it a coronett or Fury
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Steve P.

Put quite simply, 99% of us really do like the car, just hate that they put the Charger name plate on it. The same 99% of us loved it when it was shown as a 2-door. They are a great looking car in my opinion, but like I have said and many others also, (CHANGE THE NAME AND BUILD A 2-DOOR CHARGER)..

Most Mopar people don't like Fords much. 99% of them love the new Mustang. This car is a tribute to the muscle car days and 30 years from now someone will start a web site for this generation Mustang and have 5000 people just like us reading and helping others. IF Ford had built the NEW MUSTANG with 2 extra doors it would not be the hit out of the park it is and that site I was talking about would never exist...

If MOPAR decides to build a 4-door Chally it will add insult to injury and become their demise...

This is all just my opinion,              AND MANY OTHERS.....   :D

Good luck with your new Diplomat, I mean Charger...  :smilielol:  Just kidding. I do like the look of the car....
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Brock Samson

there wont be a four door chally... ain't gonna happen...

Steve P.

Quote from: Brock Samson on August 27, 2007, 05:28:16 PM
there wont be a four door chally... ain't gonna happen...

I heard that about the Charglomat for a few years too!!!!!!!!!  We all know that was a  :brickwall:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida