News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Loose door mirror

Started by Barfyspitz, June 17, 2015, 10:13:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barfyspitz

I have a doorside mirror on my68. It blows around and rotates loosely! does anybody know how or if you can tighten it?

ottawamerc

It's a bit of a chore, you have to remove the glass mirror and then you will see the mounting screws. remove the mount and then on the rear of the mirror mount is where the ball and socket swivel is, mine was factory riveted in place but over the years had loosened to the point where the mirror just  flopped around. I ground the rivet off and drilled/ tapped then installed a small machine screw in place of the rivet which tightened it up nicely :icon_smile_big: Probably when you remove your original mirror glass (prying) it will chip or break, mine did. I took it to my local mirror shop and the made me a new one for less than $10.

Hope this helps

Scott :cheers:
This hobby is more than just our cars, it's the people you get to meet along the way!!!

stripedelete

Had the same problem with side view mirror.   Cables were stretched.  The fix is well above my skill level, but, there may be a thread on it.

In order to be "correct" as possible I fixed mine the same as back-in-the-day.   Matchbook.   ;)

Barfyspitz

Tell me about the matchbook Method LOL