News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Das PLAN!

Started by Rench, August 26, 2007, 06:47:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rench

Sorry, been thinking of "das BOOT!" for some reason all day.  Ahem.  Anyway.

So currently I have the "grandma special" paint scheme going on an otherwise perfect factory 73 Rallye.  In the inset, you'll see it's the white body with white vinyl top, and a blue interior (not visible in the pic).

The larger pic is Jud's 73 GL conversion, because I love the orange and the identical body style, but with my ham-fisted attempts with MS paint to get a theory about what I'm going for.  I already ordered the AR Vector wheels, and the Radial T/A's.  I've been reading the chassis forum until my eyes bleed every night trying to find what will fit properly for the look I'm going for, and I think I've got it (specifically, 15x7, 235/60 front, 15 x 8.5, 255/60 rear).

When I was still in college I had an old Firebird that I used to make lists upon lists and photoshop after photoshop to get the way I want it, but never had the cash.  Maybe getting older has it's perks.  :2thumbs:

Anyway, the ugly splotch on the hood is intended to represent a flat black treatment for the power bulge, and while I know not technically correct for the year, I scribbled in the bumble bee stripes on the rear to break up the profile a bit.  Regrettably, I'm not a big fan of the Rallye stripe.  Also planning on powdering the bumpers an 80% gloss black, and having the vinyl top redone in black.  Also, of course, the Dixie horn is on order.  :2thumbs:

Anyway, just thought I'd share my master plan.  Now to pick up the OT to pay for it all...  :D

-Rench

41husk

nice charger, good plan, and welcome aboard!
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

pettyfan43

That will make for a really sharp car!

Silver R/T

great plan, it'll look awesome
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Charger1973

I could do without the bumblebee stripe, just my opinion of course, but I think it ruins the body lines on a 3rd gen.  I like the orange but I would make the bumpers orange to match or just leave them chromed... although I have never seen one with black bumpers so I cant really say that I would or wouldnt like it.  If you paint your Charger orange (it doesnt matter what year it is) you will have 9877623445632 people ask you when you are going to paint the 01 on the doors and put a rebel flag on it.  The wheels are really nice, I have always liked them but that will only add to the number of people who think its a General Lee.   :Twocents:

Rench

Quoteyou will have 9877623445632 people ask you when you are going to paint the 01 on the doors

Yeah, I know that's coming.  I'm kinda hoping the black accents will detract from that, but in a way, it's kind of what I'm going for, too.  :D  Gotta love the General, just no too functional in the relative North, especially when I get lost on the west Side of Chicago a couple of times a year at least.  :icon_smile_blackeye:

I'm hoping to channel the General, but still have it's own look.

The bumblebee stripes were kind of a spontaneous idea.  We'll have to see how it looks after paint before I make a solid decision, and that's up to a year out.

-Rench

89MOPAR

Not to crap in the path of your parade, but if it really is an "otherwise perfect"  grandma paint scheme rallye charger, i feel bad for the car.
    Don't forget the end of Das Boot - thru all the trials and tribulations, the ship and captain made it till the end. Then both were junked.
  Hopefully you keep it for a long time and aren't worried about re-sale value.
   Just my opinion...It's your car, do what you need to it.

But I'm a sucker for originality.  :shruggy:
77 Ram-Charger SE factory 440 'Macho' package
03 Ram Hemi 4x4 Pickup
Noble M400
72 Satellite Sebring Plus +

Brock Samson

why don't ya' ask DS440 to photoshop the changes on the "Photoshop" thread?.  :shruggy: