News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Have you EVER seen an tranny VIN stamp like this????

Started by Charger Aficionado, August 26, 2007, 03:40:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger Aficionado

I suppose it's because it's a 4-speed?  I am used to 727 stamps...  Haven't touch ed many manuals... 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200145345974

70charger_boy

I really hate dishonest people.

The new engines and trannys for sale come unstamped, then some blow like THAT guy comes along and stamps the vin number in and says it's a numbers matching motor.  The guy should be arrested

resq302

I will have to check my stamp pad on my 4 spd.  I seem to remember though that the lower set of numbers/letters were a smaller font like the one in the picture.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

supserdave

Thats what the stamp looks like on our 4 speed, maybe even worse.

John_Kunkel

Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Just 6T9 CHGR

:iagree:

That car was in primer on ebay back on 11/06 with a 30k BIN price & someone bit...they did a nice resto job
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

70charger_boy

0X01B8

Quote from: 70charger_boy on August 27, 2007, 08:25:00 PM
I guess I feel like an idiot

aww, don't feel bad!  I mis-read the subject line and thought this thread was about tramp stamps.... :icon_smile_wink:

70charger_boy

Quote from: 0X01B8 on August 27, 2007, 09:30:25 PM
Quote from: 70charger_boy on August 27, 2007, 08:25:00 PM
I guess I feel like an idiot

aww, don't feel bad!  I mis-read the subject line and thought this thread was about tramp stamps.... :icon_smile_wink:

:smilielol: :smilielol:

MOPARHOUND!

The 2684 10,000 day date code translates to 12-2-68.   Trans would would be date code correct for the car's C25 Scheduled Production Date on the fender tag, C25 meaning 12-25-68  (Merry Christmas, sorry, couldn't resist).  Insofar as those dates, it is a legit #'s car.

I have a 69 model year warranty trans, and it has the bottom line information stamped on the pad, but no VIN above it.  To fake the VIN, they would have had to look long and hard for a Warranty trans that was date coded for their car, making the possibility remote.  Only other thing I can think of, is if they went to the trouble of grinding the entire pad down, and re-stamped all the numbers.

VIN looks sloppy, like the factory did it.  Looks real to me.
1971 Charger R/T, 440 H.P., Auto, A/C Daily Driven (till gas went nuts).  NOW IN CARS FOR SALE SECTION: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,48709.0.html
1969 Charger 318/Auto (latest addtion): http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,31948.0.html
*Speed costs money son, how fast do you want to go, and for how long?"
*"Build the biggest engine you can afford the first time."
*"We normally wouldn't use a 383 for this build, parts and labor for a 440 cost the same."

Charger Aficionado