News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Fried my engine harness guys

Started by 70charginglizard, September 24, 2005, 10:30:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

70charginglizard

:icon_smile_angry: Got up at 7am to go to a show in snohomish this morning and as I went to start up the lizard. Poof!
I'm so pissed. Oh well, I was waiting for a good excuse to purchase a new engine harness and I guess I just got one.
It was one of the lines to the alternator that smoked.  I was having problems with the battery last weekend and ended up getting a brand new one. Well before I put it in I decided to check the connections to the alternator just in case maybe it was causing may battery issues. Well, one of the connectors on the alternator was loose so I tried to tighten it and ended up striping it out so I replaced it with another bolt a little bigger but it didn't have a insulated washer inbetween it and the alternator. I think thats why it fried the line. So in trying to prevent a future problem I actually ended up causing one. Oh well, Lessons learned.

Now the big question....Where is the best place to buy a new 70 b-body big block wire harness? Year one?
70charginglizard

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Afflyer

Wow Chris!  Thanks for that link!  The prices on that website look VERY fair.  I'll definitely give them a call.
:icon_smile_approve:
Retired USAF C-130H3, C-130E, MC-130E, MC-130W Flight Engineer

1969 Charger 440/4bbl "Hemi Orange Mistress"
2009 Hemi Ram 1500 Sport Special Crew Cab "Black Betty"
2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

Just 6T9 CHGR

Cool thing about his stuff is the fact that he can custom make you a harness as well.

For $100 I got my '69 440 harness with electronic ignition and the dual field alternator wiring already added in.

I told him exactly where I had my ECU mounted & where the volt reg was as well.......the harness fit like a glove with exactly the right amount of wire....
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Charger_Fan

Woah...that sounds purty cool!
Do you think he could whip one up for a port fuel injected, crank-triggered 440? :D

I know, I know...not that I can afford a setup like that. :-\

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Afflyer

Thanks for the intel Chris!!  :icon_smile_approve: You Da Man!!!  :devil:
Retired USAF C-130H3, C-130E, MC-130E, MC-130W Flight Engineer

1969 Charger 440/4bbl "Hemi Orange Mistress"
2009 Hemi Ram 1500 Sport Special Crew Cab "Black Betty"
2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

cudaken

Little cheaper than Year One, save $5.00. I trust Year One and where one of the first that steped up to help us. I trust them and great customer servies as well. Had a couple of problems and they bent over back ward's to make it right.

But at that time I spent $10,000.00 in 4 months so a little ass kissing was in order. ;D

I have there harrness in my Charger and my Runner and have not one bad word to say about them. After the fire in the Charger engine compartment that sort of melted the harrness it still works.

As far as melting something before a show, been there and done that. Monster Mopar weekend I think around 1989. Lets say that braided stainless steel fule line should go in the stock loaction! ;D Line hit the + wire on the ALT and up she went. That happened at 3:00 AM Friday and all I was doing was doing cleaing the chrome. :flame: Pulled the harrness from then huck of chevy Charger and I was there Saturday. ;D

Cuda Ken
I am back