News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

BattleStar Galactica

Started by 69bananabeast, September 24, 2005, 11:15:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69bananabeast

any one see the one on last night ?   That one was intense . especially everything that wenton with he prisoners . those guys surely know how to keep you on the edge of your seat and leave you hanging
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318
1932 Ford Rat Rod   (under construction)

Brock Samson

know how to keep an idiot in suspense?..  ;D

Afflyer

I prefer the series of yore- Starbuck and Apollo never got it on in the original series.  Why? BECAUSE THEY WERE TWO GUYS!!! Starbuck shouldn't be a CHICK!!!! Just my  :Twocents:

:rotz:
Retired USAF C-130H3, C-130E, MC-130E, MC-130W Flight Engineer

1969 Charger 440/4bbl "Hemi Orange Mistress"
2009 Hemi Ram 1500 Sport Special Crew Cab "Black Betty"
2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

TruckDriver

If I remember right, In the original series, they came across another battlestar also. And the one they came across ended up getting destroyed by cylons. I'm willing to be something simular happens to this one also, and they gain a few people and Vipers. I say that because  there was a lot of things that they really didn't touch on yet like the Viper engine designer guy. I agree on the intense level. I was litterally on the edge of my seat. Probably the best episode yet!
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Khyron

This series is getting better and better.... I thought last nights show was great!

Yes, the original series Kane got away during the battle by going to FTL during an explosion. Therefor the Cylons thought they had destroyed the Pegasus and didn't look for it. Yes the 2 shows are following the basic Idea that 2 battlestars are out to attack a base star, but that was it, Kane was an honorable commander, not like phyco bitch from last nights show ;)

all I know is this is going to get bloody, Adama has 3 times the backbone the original had, Starbuck may have tits now, but she's bad ass :D, and Apollo isn't a daddys boy...

Yes the 2 show are different, and I really like the original, but this one has earned my repect, and I will watch it till the end.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

TruckDriver

Quote from: Khyron on September 24, 2005, 09:38:01 PM
This series is getting better and better.... I thought last nights show was great!

all I know is this is going to get bloody, Adama has 3 times the backbone the original had, Starbuck may have tits now, but she's bad ass :D, and Apollo isn't a daddys boy...

Yes the 2 show are different, and I really like the original, but this one has earned my repect, and I will watch it till the end.

Well said and I agree totally!!!
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Stormhammer

Quote from: DodgeChargerGuy on September 24, 2005, 04:46:50 PM
If I remember right, In the original series, they came across another battlestar also. And the one they came across ended up getting destroyed by cylons. I'm willing to be something simular happens to this one also, and they gain a few people and Vipers. I say that because  there was a lot of things that they really didn't touch on yet like the Viper engine designer guy. I agree on the intense level. I was litterally on the edge of my seat. Probably the best episode yet!

no it doesnt get destroyed, it goes on its own way  :icon_smile_big: I have the VHS  :icon_smile_big:

Stormhammer

its definitely earned my respect though

know what I msis the most though?

the woopwoop woowoop of the Cylons -  :icon_smile_dissapprove:

Big Lebowski

I dig it, and i'm totally hooked.  The female Starbuck is has balls. Anyone can be a Cylon, even you. :o
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

SirNik73

I'm a total classic Battlestar fan. and I was skeptical about the new one.. but it has totally proved my skepticisms wrong. I'm totally hooked on it. i think its the best SciFi show I've seen since FireFly and before that... i don't know. i liked Star Trek DS9 and TNG but they weren't as good as the new battlestar. I'm looking forward to getting the first season of the new battlestar on DVD. and can't wait til next January.

the original Commander Kane was a male... i thought it was weird that they re-introduced another classic character as the opposite sex... but with the rapes ans other brutal actions on the show. having the character as a woman seems to make her even more evil. makes you love Adama even more.

On the issue of Starbuck being a woman in the new show.. i didn't like that at first... but you know what... shes pretty hot. i mean i like her attitude and all.. i didn't think it would work at first but i like her a lot.
1973 Charger SE
1973 Charger Parts car
1968 Couger... got this one for free! and it looks like it was free :)
1983 Toyota Tercel 4x4 Daily Driver
1984 Mercedes-Benz 300SD

BigBadCharger

It's an awesome show. I watch it with my dad every friday, anyone watch Stargate SG-1? The older episodes were better.
How's your wife and my kids?

Bluebeast

Glad to see other fans of BG on this site. I can tell you that the Pegasus will be coming into play this season. How do I know? Cause' I'm a sci-fi guy who went to the 2005 Comic Con where they had a panel with the producers and some of the actors. Great show! Now, how many of you are like me and are anxiously awaiting the opening night of Serenity this coming Friday night?
1970 Dodge Charger 500 SE 4speed

Lowprofile

Look out.....Post whore comming through!!  LOL :D

Here's some pics for you guys........Google is a dangerous thing in the wrong hands!
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Lowprofile

Yea, a few more........

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger

69bananabeast

yeah Stargate was an awesome show until this new season where they made most of the major role players minor
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318
1932 Ford Rat Rod   (under construction)

Afflyer

Retired USAF C-130H3, C-130E, MC-130E, MC-130W Flight Engineer

1969 Charger 440/4bbl "Hemi Orange Mistress"
2009 Hemi Ram 1500 Sport Special Crew Cab "Black Betty"
2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

TruckDriver

Quote from: Stormhammer on September 24, 2005, 11:22:58 PM
Quote from: DodgeChargerGuy on September 24, 2005, 04:46:50 PM
If I remember right, In the original series, they came across another battlestar also. And the one they came across ended up getting destroyed by cylons. I'm willing to be something simular happens to this one also, and they gain a few people and Vipers. I say that because   there was a lot of things that they really didn't touch on yet like the Viper engine designer guy. I agree on the intense level. I was litterally on the edge of my seat. Probably the best episode yet!

no it doesnt get destroyed, it goes on its own way   :icon_smile_big: I have the VHS   :icon_smile_big:
]

Ok, so I didn't remember right. Been a while since I seen it.
PETE

Stormhammer

Quote from: Lowprofile on September 25, 2005, 01:50:14 AM
Yea, a few more........

ah yes, the 2nd one down.... woowoop woowoop wowoop

anyone ever notice too that whenever the scene had a cylon walking in it - it had the same evil mystical weird background music?

Big Lebowski

Quote from: Afflyer on September 25, 2005, 08:16:47 AM
Oh FRAK!

Yep, this is Fraking it. That's all i hear now, frak, frak, frak. Everything's fraked up. :icon_smile_big:
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

Lowprofile

The Sigfreid & Roy of intergalatic Space Travel! :-* :-* :-* :stirthepot: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger

70charginglizard

Are they going to replay that episode before Fridays next episode (for those of us who missed it)

Whats the name of this epesode your all talking about?
70charginglizard

SirNik73

Lizard-
that was the season finale. i'm sure they will replay it, but its gonna be january til the start up agian... kinda sucks!
1973 Charger SE
1973 Charger Parts car
1984 Mercedes-Benz 300SD

SirNik73

i like the way they brought back Richard Hatch as Tom Zarak. that was cool. and i like the fact that Glen A. Larson is a part of it. i think the new series is good because it is folowing the serious tone of the first season of the classical show, and it is moving slower throught the stories they did in the classic show but with more action so that the show is never slow. when i saw the commandar of the Battlestar Pegasus was a woman and named Admiral Kane it made me think about the hot brunette (Lt. Kane?) that joined the Galactica after their encounter with the Pegasus in the classic show. thought she might have been another classic crossover. but i don't think she is... that could have been cool if she was.
1973 Charger SE
1973 Charger Parts car
1984 Mercedes-Benz 300SD

burnt69

I really can't get in to it , it's alright a little slow , but getting better. I like sg-1 and atlantis better.

SirNik73

Ahhhh i knew she looked familiar but couldn't place it...   :icon_smile_big:
1973 Charger SE
1973 Charger Parts car
1984 Mercedes-Benz 300SD

Khyron

Roe is hot, I would like to see her and Starbuck in a oil wrestling match :D

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

RD

the first thing about the series that through me for a loop was the fact that "boomer" was a girl and at the same time a cylon.  I was like wtf!

a second thing that I do not get is the fact that you have this great space age civilization, travelling from planet to planet and galaxy to galaxy, but they still communicate via cord phones on the bridge!  no flat screens, no great technological advancement anywhere. one scene had them drawing on a dry erase board!  I was like come on, at least we have smartboards now that are interlinked with computers!  I mean come on!  they can conquer FTL travel, but they cant communicate with wireless communications?

oh well, still like SG1 a helluva lot better.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

TruckDriver

Thats because the ship is a out dated ship. It was going to be decomisioned and made into a museum, then the cylons attacked. In on of the early episodes, they even stated that one of the flight bays was already converted to a museum or something like that.
PETE

Khyron

Quote from: RD on September 27, 2005, 02:28:03 PM
a second thing that I do not get is the fact that you have this great space age civilization, travelling from planet to planet and galaxy to galaxy, but they still communicate via cord phones on the bridge!   no flat screens, no great technological advancement anywhere. one scene had them drawing on a dry erase board!   I was like come on, at least we have smartboards now that are interlinked with computers!   I mean come on!   they can conquer FTL travel, but they cant communicate with wireless communications?

Agreed with the post above me, but to answer your question. The cylones destroyed and infected any "NETWORKED" system on a ships in the first cylone war. Com Adama refused to let any advanced tech or networked machines to be installed / upgraded in the galactica.

and this proved to save that ships butt.

projections, communications ect all require a series of networked machine <voice over IP, ect> this would have left the galactica dead in the water and us with no show ;)

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Khyron

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

TheGhost

BattleStar Galactica is my favorite TV show.  Stargate SG1 went downhill this season, IMO, but, Atlantis is making up for it. ;D
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

SirNik73

I never culd get into StarGate.... :P but o well.

Asked a while ago was any one looking forward to Serenity. in a word YES. but i don't thik looking forward to it is the correct emotion becasue i saw it a few months ago as part of the screening audience.  :icon_smile_big:
1973 Charger SE
1973 Charger Parts car
1984 Mercedes-Benz 300SD

TruckDriver

Quote from: SirNik73 on September 27, 2005, 09:14:29 PM
I never culd get into StarGate

Me either.... BUT, I do love the movie (before the tv show) with Kurt Russel :yesnod:
Atlantis does not intrest me either :rotz:
PETE

MyMopar

I'm a fraking Cylon and I'm cloning all the Charger Daytona's I can find  :icon_smile_big:

Then I will dial up a plant XX-29235 and drive them all through.  I heard that planet is stuck in the 60's and has a shield generator protecting them from the Wraith.

ck1

BG is good, and one of the only shows I watch on tv, but you know, I'm really werd for LEXX was the best! :o BOOOBEEE's
CJK

RD

Quote from: MyMopar on September 28, 2005, 10:04:25 AM
I'm a fraking Cylon and I'm cloning all the Charger Daytona's I can find   :icon_smile_big:

Then I will dial up a plant XX-29235 and drive them all through.   I heard that planet is stuck in the 60's and has a shield generator protecting them from the Wraith.

yeah its called a THC Cloud Shield and I heard it makes the inhabitants hungry and happy at that same time :D
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Khyron

:icon_smile_big:

thank you :D

rigth click, save as, folder name "Spank Bank"

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

SirNik73

Quote from: Khyron on September 29, 2005, 07:08:47 AM
rigth click, save as, folder name "Spank Bank"

:iagree: :2thumbs: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

That's Way to Funny
1973 Charger SE
1973 Charger Parts car
1984 Mercedes-Benz 300SD