News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Boycott Chinese products

Started by 73chgrSE, August 25, 2007, 04:00:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

73chgrSE

:nana: I'm serious though, and it has nothing to do with race or patriotism. Anything that I have purchased recently that has broken instantly has been made in China. It is all cheaply built crap and home depot and walmart and all the rest should be ashamed to peddle that Sh*t. Their pet food has "anti-freeze" in it and will probably kill your dog. I bought a so called "matched pair" of professional (crappy) chinese microphones recently and they are anything but. They cant even make a decent timer for lights.

Long story short even if a chinese product works when you bring it home it will break precisely after 31 days. They have no quality therefore no need for quality control.

rant over

70charger_boy

I'm with you in theory, but it is never going to happen.  There are alot of Chinese products in the U.S. I just bought a brand new radiator from a well known U.S. company and stamped on the radiator it said Made in China.  What happened to the trade embargo???? 

Well, anyway, it has gotten so bad that even United States military uniforms are made in China. When your isued uniforms in bootcamp they make you take off the commi tags located in the pockets.  This is a loosing battle.  Just give in

The70RT

I bought some chinese spring compressors and I had to buy another pair because I stripped one. I found out later Harbor freight would replace them so I got a new one. I still had to use three just to compress a strut spring on an Neon or they would strip again.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Silver R/T

you get what you pay for. But wait do not blame Chinese for bad quality. Ive seen a lot of U.S. made products that plain SUCK. You expect a lot but those people working in sweat shops are working for pennies, just enough to buy a bit of food at the end of the day. Blame U.S. capitalists that make money on you when they export 10c product and sell it to you for $10
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

70charger_boy

Quote from: Silver R/T on August 25, 2007, 06:23:22 PM
you get what you pay for. But wait do not blame Chinese for bad quality. Ive seen a lot of U.S. made products that plain SUCK. You expect a lot but those people working in sweat shops are working for pennies, just enough to buy a bit of food at the end of the day. Blame U.S. capitalists that make money on you when they export 10c product and sell it to you for $10

I couldn't have said it better myself

68chrgrwife

Yeah, and what about the 5 million mattel and fisher price toys that are being recalled all made in China...I have to throw half my house out..poor kids have no toys anymore.......I personaly think it is terrorism.  I think China is slowly trying to kill us off so that they can take over this country.
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Silver R/T

Quote from: 68chrgrwife on August 25, 2007, 06:48:04 PM
Yeah, and what about the 5 million mattel and fisher price toys that are being recalled all made in China...I have to throw half my house out..poor kids have no toys anymore.......I personaly think it is terrorism.  I think China is slowly trying to kill us off so that they can take over this country.

this is ridiculously funny, almost sounds like "aliens are trying to take over U.S" lol You choose what to buy, they do not make you buy anything. You still can build a nice swing set for your kids from U.S. timber.
If U.S. workers choose to not to do the job there will be 100 chinese/canadian/mexican workers who will GLADLY accept same job for LESS money. You just have to do all the work yourself if you want quality and to keep jobs in U.S. I guess a president that will regulate import from foreign countries more strictly and cares more about U.S. worker will do better for this country in general, but we won't be getting into this right now.
I have bought numerous tools from HF and haven't broken many, if any. I've saved $100's by not buying same tool from Craftsman. I won't be really pissed if that $2 tool breaks, afterall I did not spend double/triple as much money on Craftsman tool.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

BMOTOXSTAR

Those Chinese Bast---- are trying to take over.  :yesnod:
By population alone they could raid us and take over. An old timer told me that we could end up speaking Chinese very easily.
Now that I am trying to boycott China I have to stop buying Chinese take out. I will miss that sweet n' sour chicken with the fried rice. :drool5: :patriot:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

AKcharger

Yeah I'm with ya' in fact I will not shop at walmart for that reason BUT the reason we do not have inflation is the Chinese. If we ended all trade with them prices would rise an average 30-40% on most things literally overnight, think  what that would do to each of us personally and the overall economy...It's kind of like a deal with Satan I suppose.

Todd Wilson

Quote from: AKcharger on August 25, 2007, 11:47:08 PM
Yeah I'm with ya' in fact I will not shop at walmart for that reason BUT the reason we do not have inflation is the Chinese. If we ended all trade with them prices would rise an average 30-40% on most things literally overnight, think  what that would do to each of us personally and the overall economy...It's kind of like a deal with Satan I suppose.

Maybe and maybe not.  Problem I see is US companies are trying to make more profit from the sale of a item. They have it manufactered in China or where ever to cut their costs.  We'll use RedWing boots as an example. I have wore RedWing boots for the last 12 years working on the railroad. Bought new pair this year and my feet hurt and had blisters and the boot was a POS deluxe. I thought this couldnt be right and then I saw the Made In China tag inside it.  They are still selling the boots for 130$ a pair and having them made in China for maybe 5$ a pair. In the old days it may have cost them 45$ to have the boot made in the USA and still sold for 130$. While our companies are getting things made cheaper  the cost of the item itself has not went down any. They just make more profit from the item.  What they dont realize is sooner or later things will catch up and we wont have enough jobs in this country to buy the crappy goods. China's economy is booming. The people over there are able to afford things now they couldnt before. Mosting in the areas of things that require energy in one form or other. This of course goes back to the supply and demand theory of oil  and they are helping consume more and more all the time so in a round about way China is making our oil prices go higher as they are starting to consume now as well.

God forbid we ever get into another serious world war  but does this country really have the industrial capacity anymore to build and fight a war if it gets serious?! We are importing everything from overseas.

I hope Mattel and Fisher Price get their ass's sued big time. I hope it costs them all the extra money they have earned having that junk made overseas instead of paying for it to be made in the USA> The price of the toys hasnt went down due to it being overseas. Just the profit margin has increased.

I got a bad feeling this great country is about to stumble and fall in a big way. And 99% of the people here are fat lazy POS  and they will not know what to do like they did back in the depression days. Its all gonna come about from the greedy people at the top wanting to make more profit anyway they can. Lets cut more jobs and have stuff made in China and outsource to Pakistan. Those Pakistan people are calling you about your credit cards by day and going to their  Al Qaeda chapter meetings at night planning the next bombing and we all are funding everything.

Todd

Charger_Fan

Quote from: 73chgrSE on August 25, 2007, 04:00:14 PM
Anything that I have purchased recently that has broken instantly has been made in China.
I've known that since about 1979...where have you been? :nana: :lol:

Quote from: Todd Wilson on August 26, 2007, 12:57:45 AM
I got a bad feeling this great country is about to stumble and fall in a big way. And 99% of the people here are fat lazy POS  and they will not know what to do like they did back in the depression days.
:iagree: Myself included, to a certain point.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Big Lebowski

I've been with ya for years...They are commies after all...Duh. :eyes:
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

AKcharger

Quote from: Big Lebowski on August 26, 2007, 01:26:15 PM
  I've been with ya for years...They are commies after all...Duh. :eyes:

yeah but "cheep" commies..hey look it's me in Tenamen square!

TruckDriver

They just had a thing about this same basic topic on the local news. They also were giving percentages of how much stuff we get in this country from China. 80% of ALL toys sold in the USA are built in China. About a third of everything sold in the USA is from China now  :rotz:  I was shocked when they said that.
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Ghoste

Boycott Chinese goods?   We've already outsourced most of our manufacturing base to them, now if we start to boycott those products we'll put all those manufacturing workers out of work again when the Wal-marts all close.  :o

TruckDriver

That was another reason they said we buy so much from China. Because everyone wants a cheap deal and wants to save a buck. And that is what keeps the China supply of stuff keep coming into America :P
PETE

Charger_Fan

Funny this topic came up. Today, a co-worker brought one of his newly delivered American Racing rims in to show off.
Like these...

So I'm checking them out...they say "American Racing" on the center caps, you flip the rim around & there's big "American Racing" actually cast into the aluminum.
Like this...

Then in the center part that the tire mounts on, there's a cheezy little 'made in China' sticker stuck to it.
Pitiful. :rotz:

I wonder if there's even any rim manufacturers left on this continent?

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Mike DC

Chinese versus American stuff is a lost cause. 

I wouldn't be surprised if the American manufacturers were using "Made in U.S.A." labels that were printed in China.

The same thing is true in the auto industry too, but it hits too close to home for most of the car-guy hobby to face up to it.  The fact is that we'll flame Japanese car buyers in thread after thread, while spending every dime we can lay our hands on putting Chinese crankshafts & body panels into our Chargers.

bull

Quote from: Todd Wilson on August 26, 2007, 12:57:45 AM

I got a bad feeling this great country is about to stumble and fall in a big way. And 99% of the people here are fat lazy POS  and they will not know what to do like they did back in the depression days.
Todd

I'll tell you one thing they'll do if a depression hits... lose weight and get motivated or die.

But seriously, I remember back in the late '70s and early '80s everyone was moaning about how everything was made in Japan, and now most people would be worried to buy any electronic device or car that's not made in Japan.

Lowprofile

If you haven't seen this movie, I recomend it highly............ :2thumbs:

http://www.walmartmovie.com/
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Khyron

I bought a yoyo made in China. After 31 days it just goes down and doesn't come back up  :'(

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

TeeWJay426

China IS the new Japan..... try to buy something electronic or some reasonably priced clothing nowadays that ISN'T from China.... let me know how you make out with that effort. The Japanese have progressed to where the US was 30 years ago... living the good life and being surpassed by the up and coming economic power to their west.
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

Khyron

Although it takes a little effort. but here you go.

http://www.howtobuyamerican.com/

On this site are links to what, where, and how to buy as many American made products as you can.

It may be impossible to buy all American. however, you can choice to buy as much American as you are able to do.

also
http://www.unionjeancompany.com/

CLoths made in America. well priced and good quality.

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Mike DC

We should be glad that China is willing to buy our dollars by the truckload year after year to hold our inflation down.  If the world really understood America's true economic situation, they'd probably dump their U.S. dollars as fast as they could get it done. That would REALLY give us a dose of october 1929.

And we should have been kicking everyone out of Washington decades ago for borrowing to cover our debt/productivity losses and allowing the problem to fester for an entire generation.

70charger_boy

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on August 28, 2007, 09:39:21 AM

We should be glad that China is willing to buy our dollars by the truckload year after year to hold our inflation down.  If the world really understood America's true economic situation, they'd probably dump their U.S. dollars as fast as they could get it done. That would REALLY give us a dose of october 1929.

And we should have been kicking everyone out of Washington decades ago for borrowing to cover our debt/productivity losses and allowing the problem to fester for an entire generation.

:iagree:

Arthu®

I don't know what to say... Some people make sense, most are just off the hook... Did any of you ever study world economies, import/export, trade markets, stuff like that? What about the worlds financial market (which has a lot to do with it)? So unless you did or do please stop putting out all the nonsense. I don't consider myself an expert of any kind, I know my fair share about the Chinese economy/trade market related to Europe, but to the US it would be different. Since I would have no idea what I am talking about, I keep my mouth shut, in order to keep myself from making a fool out of myself...

Arthur
Striving for world domination since 1986

Khyron

Quote from: Arthu® on August 28, 2007, 10:00:30 AM
I don't know what to say... Some people make sense, most are just off the hook... Did any of you ever study world economies, import/export, trade markets, stuff like that? What about the worlds financial market (which has a lot to do with it)? So unless you did or do please stop putting out all the nonsense. I don't consider myself an expert of any kind, I know my fair share about the Chinese economy/trade market related to Europe, but to the US it would be different. Since I would have no idea what I am talking about, I keep my mouth shut, in order to keep myself from making a fool out of myself...

Arthur

I don't get involved with Politcal threads myself. BUT, I do try to buy american when I can. not for any other reason then to support the companys. Just like I try to buy Car parts from local mom and pop shops before I go online or to the major chains.

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Arthu®

I wasn't bashing anyone in particular and if you do that, more power to you. You do what you stand for and that's fine my me. But boycotting Chinese products? Like it would even be possible...

Arthur

Mike DC

I'm not trying to sound particularly controversial (or very well-informed) in the bull I spout.   

But just looking at the basics of the America/China/USD situation already seems scary enough to me.

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Khyron on August 28, 2007, 09:12:23 AM
also
http://www.unionjeancompany.com/

CLoths made in America. well priced and good quality.
Great, I need some new pants! :icon_smile_big:
Damn, looks like you can only buy them online...it sucks not being able to try them on. :-\  I'll give 'em a shot anyway.

Arthu®

I agree that it may seem scary, but the way I see it, the chinese economy will implode way before they are truely ready to take over the world. Which is what some people are concerned about. The Chinese economy is basically artificially held back, as they have no consumption themselves. It is a country that complete relies on export and therefore on the rates of the bigger currencies in the world, not exactly an ideal situation. And not something that can be maintained forerver. The Chinese government is therefore trying to get their own people to buy stuff instead of saving every penny.

Arthur

Brock Samson

Mike DC

QuoteI agree that it may seem scary, but the way I see it, the chinese economy will implode way before they are truely ready to take over the world. Which is what some people are concerned about. The Chinese economy is basically artificially held back, as they have no consumption themselves. It is a country that complete relies on export and therefore on the rates of the bigger currencies in the world, not exactly an ideal situation. And not something that can be maintained forerver. The Chinese government is therefore trying to get their own people to buy stuff instead of saving every penny.

I agree that's what is happening now, but I don't think that's what will happen later on.

I remember once reading some guy who was comparing the China situation to America during WWII:  He was arguing that China "needs" America to buy its goods the same way that America "needed" the war in the '40s to give them jobs.  But once that war ended, we just turned to keeping that stuff ourselves instead of using all that effort to kill Japs & Nazis.  We didn't suffer from the end of the war.  We had been kicked into gear by dumping that effort into the war, but once it was over we benefited a lot more.  We started keeping those factories making goods for ourselves & to export, rather than destroying all that effort in battle over Europe & the Pacific.

It seems to me that China would have little reason to keep pumping products into American hands if they didn't think the American dollars they're getting in return were valuable anymore.  So we're dependent on China's belief that our dollar is worth something.  Is it really?  I'm not so sure anymore.  We abandoned any gold backing for the currency decades ago, our manufacturing base is dwindling fast, and we're trillions in debt/liabilties.  IMHO, we're running out of justifications for why our currency should continue to carry the weight that it does.

Arthu®

Like I said I am not going to say anything about the Chinese/US relation, as I know too little about it. I just wanted to state the fact that the Chinese economy is redlining and has come to a boiling point which unless something is going to change in the near future will be catastrophical in my opinion. Some agree, some don't in the end the economy remains unpredictable and we'll just have to sit it out and see what happens. China is doing their best to establish a local market for their products, if it works out they could very well become the most powerfull country on earth.

Arthur

The70RT

Quote from: Arthu® on August 29, 2007, 05:30:09 AM
Like I said I am not going to say anything about the Chinese/US relation, as I know too little about it. I just wanted to state the fact that the Chinese economy is redlining and has come to a boiling point which unless something is going to change in the near future will be catastrophical in my opinion. Some agree, some don't in the end the economy remains unpredictable and we'll just have to sit it out and see what happens. China is doing their best to establish a local market for their products, if it works out they could very well become the most powerfull country on earth.

Arthur

And the most polluted. We put out more pollution than them right now. The rate they are going they should pass us soon.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Mike DC

That's very true. 

As I understand it, China doesn't give a F*@K about environmental damage they cause. 
They're basically behaving like we would do if we had no EPA whatsoever. 

73chgrSE

I had to buy some tools today and to support my stance I only bought tools made in america and something from mexico. But I did have to drive to 3 different places to avoid buying chinese.

Khyron

wait... I thought China's main export was lead.

:icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.