News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 Charger WIW???

Started by 68ChargerJMP, August 27, 2007, 06:37:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68ChargerJMP

Whats up guys?... I got a question for the experts. Here about a month ago I posted my goodbyes to a friend I lost who owned the red 68. Well, I spoke with his wife and she brought up to me that she was probably gonna sell the car. I never would have acquired about it , but like I said she was the one to bring it up. So I told her I would like first chance at it if she didnt mind. Before anyone posts, please dont comment on how I should try to lowball her, yada yada... I told her I would help her find out the value of it. Should she get it appraised or what? I know this, its basically unrestored other than paint and vinyl top. I mean everything on the car is as it was in 68. Its a 383/727 car.  Whats it worth?

HITMAN 149

first off sorry to hear about your friend!!!
looks like it's in great shape!!!!!!!! auto, console car. tough without more pics...trunk..underneath, motor.....ect..ect.
i'd say.... $20K-$30k...the way they seem to be going on ebay, and the mopar market anyways???
anyone...anyone...anyone?????
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

TUFCAT

20,000 to $25,000 would be a good (fair) price to offer the lady...... at least that's what I would want to buy it for.  It may be worth more on the open market - probably 25k -30k?? :Twocents: :Twocents:

67_Dodge_Charger

I would say at least $25k for a straight good paint with some mechanical problems.  Sorry to hear about your friend and pass along my condolences. 

The pics look great by the way.  I wish I had a Charger like that.

Robert

70charger_boy

I Agree with the rest of the guys 20k-25k

DodgeChargerNeeded

Easily worth 25k if its really that nice
Jeff

69charger2002

i agree if it's as nice as the pics.. $25k is it's value.. give or take. but i'd try to get it for $20k if i were you. that's not exactly LOW balling
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

bull

No rust? Is the paint good (it looks very good)? Yea, if it's in pretty good order I don't see why she shouldn't get about $30k or so. I'd say $25k is pretty reasonable for a non R/T in that condition. Looks like it really doesn't need much. No offense but I'd lose those mud flaps asap.

Sorry about the loss of your friend. I lost a Mopar buddy last spring and I don't have the guts to ask his widow about his car and pickup. I guess she wouldn't care now that she's already dating someone. :icon_smile_dissapprove:

68ChargerJMP

Thanks guys, thats about what I was thinking, around 20-25k. Oh yeah, the mud flaps would be history.

Brock Samson

you could have it apprased to get the most equitable arrangment and if there's still a disagreement split the difference...
and split the cost of the apprasal, what's with the pedals?..  that and the flaps are the only non-stock stuff i see...  :scope:

i'd like to see alot more pics... and see the numbers on the tag...