News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Running**update, 9/15/07****

Started by dkn1997, August 25, 2007, 11:07:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dkn1997

seattle lost today, so if you bitches would lay down, we would be tied for the wild card.  and while I like damon last night, epstien obviousely knew something cashman didn't.  he's been ok, but considering what we thought we were getting, it's been a bust....and not the good kind with nipples on it.
RECHRGED

nh_mopar_fan

Quote from: dkn1997 on August 29, 2007, 06:29:21 PM
seattle lost today, so if you bitches would lay down, we would be tied for the wild card.  and while I like damon last night, epstien obviousely knew something cashman didn't.  he's been ok, but considering what we thought we were getting, it's been a bust....and not the good kind with nipples on it.
we're doing our best to make it easy on you.

dkn1997

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on August 29, 2007, 09:06:36 PM

My buddy farnsworth did his best to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory tonight, but to no avail....that dude is scary inconsistent.
RECHRGED

PocketThunder

Quote from: dkn1997 on August 29, 2007, 11:02:31 PM

My buddy farnsworth did his best to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory tonight, but to no avail....that dude is scary inconsistent.

Kyle was my neighbor when i lived in Chicago on Hermitage Ave.  We would hang out on his front steps after the home games at Wrigley.  Well, Ok so we would hang out on our steps and he would be on his steps and we would say hi.  But i tell everyone we were pals. ;D  I had him sign a ball i caught one day in the upper deck.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

nh_mopar_fan

Quote from: PocketThunder on August 30, 2007, 10:13:17 AM
Quote from: dkn1997 on August 29, 2007, 11:02:31 PM

Kyle was my neighbor when i lived in Chicago on Hermitage Ave.  We would hang out on his front steps after the home games at Wrigley.  Well, Ok so we would hang out on our steps and he would be on his steps and we would say hi.  But i tell everyone we were pals. ;D  I had him sign a ball i caught one day in the upper deck.
I'm guessing he was on the mound when that ball went into the upper deck.

:smilielol:

PocketThunder

I think so, it was late in the game.  They were playing the twins.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

dkn1997

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on August 30, 2007, 11:21:39 AM

I'm guessing he was on the mound when that ball went into the upper deck.

:smilielol:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: 

nice...really nice!!
RECHRGED

dkn1997

Just got back from the race.  I was raining and miserable, but I did pretty well.  Finished no problem.  didn't have to stop at all.  I definately ran the last 3 miles quicker than the first 3.    I had plenty left in the tank and was in an all out sprint at the end.  I don't know my time because I left right after, freezing from the rain.  They should post them in a day or so.  They did have a timer at the finish, but it was from the 1st wave of starters.  I was in the 14th wave.  there were over 5000 runners in this race, helicopters from the local news flying over...pretty cool.  I'm guessing I did the 6 miles in about an 1:10.

best running experience of my life, I never ran that far before and it was a hilly course with one huge hill at mile 2. 
RECHRGED

nh_mopar_fan

Can I pat myself on the back here?

Finished my first half marathon this am, the NH Marathon in Bristol NH.

1:56:44, 43 overall and 16 in my class.

:yesnod: :icon_smile_big: :woohoo:

bakerhillpins

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on October 02, 2010, 12:29:07 PM

Yes you can. Congrats!  :2thumbs:

My wife did her first half marathon in like 16yrs about a month ago. She worked hard to get back to that... You should be proud!

Only running I ever did was from the cops.  :smilielol:  :patrol:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Tilar

I'm sorry, but I gotta agree with 41Husk here...

Quote from: 41husk on August 25, 2007, 11:36:03 AM
I don't understand, your running and no one is chasing you :shruggy:

:rofl:
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

nh_mopar_fan

Quote from: Tilar on October 02, 2010, 04:23:45 PM

Down 40lbs and under 18% body fat and dropping.

Oh, and I eat what I want.

Tilar

Well, I wish I could do that sort of thing... but not in my lifetime anymore.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

dkn1997

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on October 02, 2010, 04:34:32 PM

you absolutely should pat yourself on the back.  that's an excellent job in the race and losing the weight.  I lost 50 since january and it feels great. Ironically, I just ran the race again that started this thread 3 years ago.  4th time I did this 10k and my best time ever. 
RECHRGED

nh_mopar_fan

Quote from: dkn1997 on October 03, 2010, 07:45:04 AM
Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on October 02, 2010, 04:34:32 PM

you absolutely should pat yourself on the back.  that's an excellent job in the race and losing the weight.  I lost 50 since january and it feels great. Ironically, I just ran the race again that started this thread 3 years ago.  4th time I did this 10k and my best time ever. 

Congrats! That is awesome. I usually run a 5k every Thanksgiving morning. My best time for that has been 9:01 miles. Ran the half yesterday at a 8:55 mile pace. I think I'm going to blow my Turkey trot time out of the water next month.

dkn1997

oh yeah that's a great pace.  you will knock the crap out of that turkey trot.  Last thanksgiving I did one and barely finished (5K)  I was so heavy and out of shape.  This year I'm going to rage!  ... I ran a 5k 4th of july in 28:45, best time ever for me... This woman I work with is a big time runner, marathons, triathalons now too. She's trying to get me to train for a marathon.  I want to but it's a huge time commitment.  I really like the running, but there aren't enough hours in the day sometimes.  and winter's coming here and I hate running in the cold.  I will shift to more kickboxing.  maybe in spring I'll start training for the NYC or Long island marathon.  it's always been a dream of mine to do one.
RECHRGED

nh_mopar_fan

You know, it is possible to train on a treadmill. You just need to vary your incline and try to run at 1% incline as your normal rather than flat. It can get boring as hell for some people but it doesn't seem to bother me. I have a tv in front of me and my music on and honestly, last few times I've been so buried in my thoughts that I actually forgot that I was running. It's really weird to suddenly come to the realization that you're still running.

Yesterday's half marathon was my first time running outside since I ran once back in May.

I have to admit that I am thinking about the Miami Marathon in January.

We'll see. I need to do more research on a training program for that but yesterday, the first 4-5 miles I was running 9:15-9:30 miles and thought I could run that pace forever.

I'd love to run Boston once and get it off the bucket list. But I'd need a 3:30 time in a qualifying race to get a number. I'm not sure I can do that. It's an 8 min pace. There are charities that will give you a number if you raise money for them. I think that'd be my best chance of getting in there. Any requirements like that for NYC?

Good luck!

dkn1997

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on October 03, 2010, 11:52:44 AM
You know, it is possible to train on a treadmill. You just need to vary your incline and try to run at 1% incline as your normal rather than flat. It can get boring as hell for some people but it doesn't seem to bother me. I have a tv in front of me and my music on and honestly, last few times I've been so buried in my thoughts that I actually forgot that I was running. It's really weird to suddenly come to the realization that you're still running.

Yesterday's half marathon was my first time running outside since I ran once back in May.

I have to admit that I am thinking about the Miami Marathon in January.

We'll see. I need to do more research on a training program for that but yesterday, the first 4-5 miles I was running 9:15-9:30 miles and thought I could run that pace forever.

I'd love to run Boston once and get it off the bucket list. But I'd need a 3:30 time in a qualifying race to get a number. I'm not sure I can do that. It's an 8 min pace. There are charities that will give you a number if you raise money for them. I think that'd be my best chance of getting in there. Any requirements like that for NYC?

Good luck!

I believe NYC has similar requirements to keep the Rif Raf out lol...   
RECHRGED

PocketThunder

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on October 03, 2010, 11:52:44 AM

Good luck!

3:30?  shoot, i ran the Chicago Marathon back in 2000 in 3:23.  I though that wasnt fast enough to get into Boston.  I wonder if they'll still take that time?  :lol:

Paul
X-3000 meter steeplechaser,
retired semi-pro runner..  :icon_smile_big:

dkn1997

alright... wtf is a steeple chase and do your legs get tired running on the roofs of all those churches? 

RECHRGED

chargergirl

High instep make running extremely painful for me. So I cheer those on that do...fantastic times and stats...the fact that you finish...that's the stuff! Keep going as long as it makes you kick those endorphins!
Trust your Woobie!

PocketThunder

Quote from: dkn1997 on October 04, 2010, 08:00:56 PM
alright... wtf is a steeple chase and do your legs get tired running on the roofs of all those churches? 

Here you go:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pv-c_NR4cR8

Skip to 1:25 in the video for the fun part!   :2thumbs:

Here are the dangers:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSvxIvVIhgg
Or this one really hurts:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_s6ahuPCwQ  go to 0:48 into the video  :o

dkn1997

Quote from: PocketThunder on October 05, 2010, 08:45:34 AM

Or this one really hurts:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_s6ahuPCwQ  go to 0:48 into the video  :o

I don't like the steeple chase. Not even a little
RECHRGED

PocketThunder

Quote from: dkn1997 on October 05, 2010, 07:47:01 PMI don't like the steeple chase. Not even a little

Ya it certainly separates the men from the boys!   :lol:   :lol:

nh_mopar_fan

Quote from: dkn1997 on October 05, 2010, 07:47:01 PM
Quote from: PocketThunder on October 05, 2010, 08:45:34 AM

I don't like the steeple chase. Not even a little

:iagree: