News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Running**update, 9/15/07****

Started by dkn1997, August 25, 2007, 11:07:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dkn1997

admittedly amateur runner here.  I do it to try and lose weight and it works well.  I found myself in the past falling out of it, so I started doing some races.  5k's, nothing big.  my usual workout is a 3 mile run every other day.  Well...I think I bit off more than I can chew with the next race.  It's called Cow Harbor run in Northport, NY and it's 6 miles and very hilly.  I have stepped it up lately and have been running 2 miles every day, this last week I bumped it up to 3.  I am worried about this race and it's in 2 weeks.  any real runners out there with any advice?  (besides "don't do it, you will die you knucklehead!")
RECHRGED

68chrgrwife

The only advice I can give you is keep training.  You should have started a while back running everyday (before signing up for this race) and then worked up to running 5 miles a day at least.  But if you step it up a little and keep running extra miles everyday until you race, you should be fine.

Oh and BTW--DON"T DO IT, YOU'LL KILL YOURSELF KNUCKELHEAD!!!
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

41husk

I don't understand, your running and no one is chasing you :shruggy:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Mean 318

the hills are your friends! Use them to give you speed and make it less work!

Rench

It won't help much for two weeks out, though maybe...

Check out Nikerunning.com.  You don't even have to buy their shoes!  They've got training schedules and calendars built into the site.  It's what I've been using to train for the Chicago marathon coming up in a month-and-change here.  You set up a profile, tell it your goals, and it plans the rest.  Best of all, it builds in rest days, which are nice.  :D

-Rench

Charger_Fan

Running tweaks my back...more. :'(

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

74-StreetMachine

I tried running once, but the ice cubes kept falling out of my drink.
Watch me turn beer into pee for $5.

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: 74-StreetMachine on August 25, 2007, 12:39:15 PM
I tried running once, but the ice cubes kept falling out of my drink.
Use a sippy cup :D :rofl: :rofl:

dkn1997

Quote from: 68chrgrwife on August 25, 2007, 11:29:53 AM
......You should have started a while back running everyday (before signing up for this race) and then worked up to running 5 miles a day at least. 
Oh and BTW--DON"T DO IT, YOU'LL KILL YOURSELF KNUCKELHEAD!!!

there's a little back story to the short training schedule.  I was at my 20th high school reuinion last week and I found out that 2 of my former classmates ran in the same 4 mile race as I ran in about a month ago.  The three of us hadn't seen each other in 20 years.   one thing led to another and one of them said, "dude, you gotta do cow harbor"  so it's sort of a matter of pride at this point.

I am they type to just go all out and worry about the injuries later, sort of how a dog will eat till he pukes, so I am confident I will finish the race, it's just a matter of what kind of shape I will be in after...the weather is huge for me. this past week it's been really cool and it felt like I was turbocharged when I was running. the stinky hot stuff is here again, and it feels like running in clay.  I am hoping that the mid september date and early morning start will combine to give me a little extra in the tank.

and I will try that nike schedule, thanks.
RECHRGED

hemigeno

My grandfather once quipped that he would take up running if he ever noticed a jogger go past his house with a smile on their face.

dkn, I respect your diligence in training and wanting to better your physical condition.   :2thumbs:  It's just rare that I think of someone running without remembering that remark as well. 

Good luck!! 

dkn1997

I hear ya, dude.  It's rough for me sometimes to get motivated, but I am just getting to the point where all of my pants and shorts are falling off me and the feeling I get when I am done with my run is amazing.  If it was just running, then I would be one of the people your grandpops described, no joy.  but I use things like these races  to make it more interesting.  It's pretty cool when I feel like I got nothing left and then a good song comes on my ipod and it really picks me up, somehting like kickstart my heart, or any number of 80's metal tunes. 

when did the 4 mile race, even though I was bringing up the rear and slow, there were people out on thier lawns with little kids cheering us on.  pretty cool.  most of the other runners ignored them, but I am not serious at all about my times or finishing fast, so I acted like rocky going up the steps.  the kids loved it and it made me smile too. 
RECHRGED

Silver R/T

I'm working hard enough at my job to keep those calories burning
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

dkn1997

I hear you on that, I get to work at 5:45am and leave at 4:45pm pretty much every day.  saturdays are slow, I usually leave around noon. just your average 60 hour work week.  you gotta make the time.  I am thankful that I can start that early in the morning.  If I started with the rest of the world at 8 or 9am, I would never see my kids. 
RECHRGED

68chrgrwife

I have run in 5k here in San Diego over the Coronado-bay bridge....it was grueling, I did not train before hand, I haden't run in years and I finished just fine...I kept up with a bunch of Marines and just listened to their Cadences the whole way...I jut kept telling my self that I would ook like an idiot if I stopped...so I didn't..yeah I hurt like hell the next day, but I ran the whole dang thing and had a blast....since you are training you'll do fine...I was just busting your balls dude......
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
2008 DODGE CHARGER

Red Ram

I'd practice on a few hills. Concentrate on your form to try to be efficient as possible. Think of yourself as your favorite Charger going up a hill...only downshift if you start to lugging. Take a couple of longer runs on a relatively flat course...again concentrate on your form to use the least amount of energy possible. I assume you're doing it for fun and to finish, not to defeat other competitors, so take it relaxed and you'll be fine. If you can run 3 miles you can do 6. Lay off the running at least a couple of days before the race and take an Advil Liqui-gel the night before the race. Good luck!
"In search of truth...some pointy boots and a few snack-crackers"

dkn1997

Quote from: Red Ram on August 26, 2007, 02:03:33 AM
I'd practice on a few hills. Concentrate on your form to try to be efficient as possible. Think of yourself as your favorite Charger going up a hill...only downshift if you start to lugging. Take a couple of longer runs on a relatively flat course...again concentrate on your form to use the least amount of energy possible. I assume you're doing it for fun and to finish, not to defeat other competitors, so take it relaxed and you'll be fine. If you can run 3 miles you can do 6. Lay off the running at least a couple of days before the race and take an Advil Liqui-gel the night before the race. Good luck!

good stuff there. I had already planned to take at least a day off running before, but it's a saturday and maybe now I will shut it down on weds.  as for the hills, where I live, there are some very steep hills, so part of my daily run is at least 2 very steep grades. not the longest in th world, but still steep.  I am not small, 5'7" and 225lbs.  but I am like a diesel.  I run slow, but don't slow down much on hills.  I ran a really hilly 5k last year on 4th of july in some horrendous heat and I finished top 10 in my age group and got a medal.  I beat guys who looked like they were in way better shape than me. advil is a good tip too. thanks.
RECHRGED

nh_mopar_fan

I do anywhere from 20-25 miles a week depending on my schedule (it's hard to find the time some weeks).

My advice is to do what you're already doing and pace yourself. That goes for uphill and downhill. If you run a 5k at a pace where you can carry on a conversation, you can run 6 miles without any issues. I think that's key, pick a pace that you can maintain, you'll find that if you start too slow, you will automatically increase your speed. At least, that's the way it is with me.

I usually run in what they call the "clydesdale" class. I'm not breaking any records.

Good luck!

dkn1997

thanks, NH.  nice to hear from a fellow clydesdale!  even though your'e probably  a redsox/patriots fan!!
RECHRGED

Brock Samson

nh_mopar_fan

Quote from: dkn1997 on August 27, 2007, 02:24:21 PM
thanks, NH.  nice to hear from a fellow clydesdale!  even though your'e probably  a redsox/patriots fan!!

:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

:nana: :nana: :nana:

bull

I can never get past the damn shin splints to keep at it. I run for a few days before I can barely walk and then give up. How do you get around that BS and keep going?

68chrgrwife

Quote from: bull on August 28, 2007, 01:07:36 AM
I can never get past the damn shin splints to keep at it. I run for a few days before I can barely walk and then give up. How do you get around that BS and keep going?

get better shoes...if you are running on hard surfaces (The road) you need a shoe with very good cushion sole.  also when you start to feel the splints tape up your lower leg this will help keep your muscle from tearing more.
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
2008 DODGE CHARGER

nh_mopar_fan

The right shoes are very important. You may also need to start with shorter distances as well. When I first started, years ago, I got them as well. Took a week or two off and started back with a shorter distance and gradually moved it up.

But, if you feel discomfort in your knees or any other joints after running, you need new sneakers. Don't go cheap, go to a store that deal with runners and they will find you a pair that fits your running style.

dkn1997

I had the same thing bull.  I went out and spent 120 bucks on good shoes and went to a running store where they looked at my skanky wide feet and picked the shoe for me.  Also, if you want to get into it again, run at a track at a local school. almost all nowadays are made of a mix of asphalt and rubber so they are hard on the surface, but you can feel it give when you press hard enough.  boring as hell running in circles, though.

I still deal with shin splints occasionallly and I just stopped giving a shit about them. they have never fully gone away so I just run through the slight pain.   I was told by someone in the know that if you work out your calves that it will take stress off the front of the leg.  there are several excercises you can do for this even sitting in an office or just being near a set of steps.   

and NH, how'd that game work out for you guys last night?  positively damonic for us!!! and I hate Kevin youkilis and varitek.  We can never get those 2 out. would love to have them on my team!!  you can keep manny, though.  although the phrase "hey, it's just manny being manny" is one of my favorites.
RECHRGED

nh_mopar_fan

Quote from: dkn1997 on August 29, 2007, 10:37:25 AM

I had the same thing bull.  I went out and spent 120 bucks on good shoes and went to a running store where they looked at my skanky wide feet and picked the shoe for me.  Also, if you want to get into it again, run at a track at a local school. almost all nowadays are made of a mix of asphalt and rubber so they are hard on the surface, but you can feel it give when you press hard enough.  boring as hell running in circles, though.

I still deal with shin splints occasionallly and I just stopped giving a shit about them. they have never fully gone away so I just run through the slight pain.   I was told by someone in the know that if you work out your calves that it will take stress off the front of the leg.  there are several excercises you can do for this even sitting in an office or just being near a set of steps.   

and NH, how'd that game work out for you guys last night?  positively damonic for us!!! and I hate Kevin youkilis and varitek.  We can never get those 2 out. would love to have them on my team!!  you can keep manny, though.  although the phrase "hey, it's just manny being manny" is one of my favorites.

Glad you like Damon because you own him for another year and he's aging before our eyes.

In any case, the division is over. Stick a fork in em.

Worry about catching Seattle.

dkn1997

seattle lost today, so if you bitches would lay down, we would be tied for the wild card.  and while I like damon last night, epstien obviousely knew something cashman didn't.  he's been ok, but considering what we thought we were getting, it's been a bust....and not the good kind with nipples on it.
RECHRGED

nh_mopar_fan

Quote from: dkn1997 on August 29, 2007, 06:29:21 PM
seattle lost today, so if you bitches would lay down, we would be tied for the wild card.  and while I like damon last night, epstien obviousely knew something cashman didn't.  he's been ok, but considering what we thought we were getting, it's been a bust....and not the good kind with nipples on it.
we're doing our best to make it easy on you.

dkn1997

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on August 29, 2007, 09:06:36 PM

My buddy farnsworth did his best to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory tonight, but to no avail....that dude is scary inconsistent.
RECHRGED

PocketThunder

Quote from: dkn1997 on August 29, 2007, 11:02:31 PM

My buddy farnsworth did his best to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory tonight, but to no avail....that dude is scary inconsistent.

Kyle was my neighbor when i lived in Chicago on Hermitage Ave.  We would hang out on his front steps after the home games at Wrigley.  Well, Ok so we would hang out on our steps and he would be on his steps and we would say hi.  But i tell everyone we were pals. ;D  I had him sign a ball i caught one day in the upper deck.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

nh_mopar_fan

Quote from: PocketThunder on August 30, 2007, 10:13:17 AM
Quote from: dkn1997 on August 29, 2007, 11:02:31 PM

Kyle was my neighbor when i lived in Chicago on Hermitage Ave.  We would hang out on his front steps after the home games at Wrigley.  Well, Ok so we would hang out on our steps and he would be on his steps and we would say hi.  But i tell everyone we were pals. ;D  I had him sign a ball i caught one day in the upper deck.
I'm guessing he was on the mound when that ball went into the upper deck.

:smilielol:

PocketThunder

I think so, it was late in the game.  They were playing the twins.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

dkn1997

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on August 30, 2007, 11:21:39 AM

I'm guessing he was on the mound when that ball went into the upper deck.

:smilielol:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: 

nice...really nice!!
RECHRGED

dkn1997

Just got back from the race.  I was raining and miserable, but I did pretty well.  Finished no problem.  didn't have to stop at all.  I definately ran the last 3 miles quicker than the first 3.    I had plenty left in the tank and was in an all out sprint at the end.  I don't know my time because I left right after, freezing from the rain.  They should post them in a day or so.  They did have a timer at the finish, but it was from the 1st wave of starters.  I was in the 14th wave.  there were over 5000 runners in this race, helicopters from the local news flying over...pretty cool.  I'm guessing I did the 6 miles in about an 1:10.

best running experience of my life, I never ran that far before and it was a hilly course with one huge hill at mile 2. 
RECHRGED

nh_mopar_fan

Can I pat myself on the back here?

Finished my first half marathon this am, the NH Marathon in Bristol NH.

1:56:44, 43 overall and 16 in my class.

:yesnod: :icon_smile_big: :woohoo:

bakerhillpins

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on October 02, 2010, 12:29:07 PM

Yes you can. Congrats!  :2thumbs:

My wife did her first half marathon in like 16yrs about a month ago. She worked hard to get back to that... You should be proud!

Only running I ever did was from the cops.  :smilielol:  :patrol:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Tilar

I'm sorry, but I gotta agree with 41Husk here...

Quote from: 41husk on August 25, 2007, 11:36:03 AM

:rofl:
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

nh_mopar_fan

Quote from: Tilar on October 02, 2010, 04:23:45 PM

Down 40lbs and under 18% body fat and dropping.

Oh, and I eat what I want.

Tilar

Well, I wish I could do that sort of thing... but not in my lifetime anymore.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

dkn1997

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on October 02, 2010, 04:34:32 PM

you absolutely should pat yourself on the back.  that's an excellent job in the race and losing the weight.  I lost 50 since january and it feels great. Ironically, I just ran the race again that started this thread 3 years ago.  4th time I did this 10k and my best time ever. 
RECHRGED

nh_mopar_fan

Quote from: dkn1997 on October 03, 2010, 07:45:04 AM
Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on October 02, 2010, 04:34:32 PM

you absolutely should pat yourself on the back.  that's an excellent job in the race and losing the weight.  I lost 50 since january and it feels great. Ironically, I just ran the race again that started this thread 3 years ago.  4th time I did this 10k and my best time ever. 

Congrats! That is awesome. I usually run a 5k every Thanksgiving morning. My best time for that has been 9:01 miles. Ran the half yesterday at a 8:55 mile pace. I think I'm going to blow my Turkey trot time out of the water next month.

dkn1997

oh yeah that's a great pace.  you will knock the crap out of that turkey trot.  Last thanksgiving I did one and barely finished (5K)  I was so heavy and out of shape.  This year I'm going to rage!  ... I ran a 5k 4th of july in 28:45, best time ever for me... This woman I work with is a big time runner, marathons, triathalons now too. She's trying to get me to train for a marathon.  I want to but it's a huge time commitment.  I really like the running, but there aren't enough hours in the day sometimes.  and winter's coming here and I hate running in the cold.  I will shift to more kickboxing.  maybe in spring I'll start training for the NYC or Long island marathon.  it's always been a dream of mine to do one.
RECHRGED

nh_mopar_fan

You know, it is possible to train on a treadmill. You just need to vary your incline and try to run at 1% incline as your normal rather than flat. It can get boring as hell for some people but it doesn't seem to bother me. I have a tv in front of me and my music on and honestly, last few times I've been so buried in my thoughts that I actually forgot that I was running. It's really weird to suddenly come to the realization that you're still running.

Yesterday's half marathon was my first time running outside since I ran once back in May.

I have to admit that I am thinking about the Miami Marathon in January.

We'll see. I need to do more research on a training program for that but yesterday, the first 4-5 miles I was running 9:15-9:30 miles and thought I could run that pace forever.

I'd love to run Boston once and get it off the bucket list. But I'd need a 3:30 time in a qualifying race to get a number. I'm not sure I can do that. It's an 8 min pace. There are charities that will give you a number if you raise money for them. I think that'd be my best chance of getting in there. Any requirements like that for NYC?

Good luck!

dkn1997

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on October 03, 2010, 11:52:44 AM
You know, it is possible to train on a treadmill. You just need to vary your incline and try to run at 1% incline as your normal rather than flat. It can get boring as hell for some people but it doesn't seem to bother me. I have a tv in front of me and my music on and honestly, last few times I've been so buried in my thoughts that I actually forgot that I was running. It's really weird to suddenly come to the realization that you're still running.

Yesterday's half marathon was my first time running outside since I ran once back in May.

I have to admit that I am thinking about the Miami Marathon in January.

We'll see. I need to do more research on a training program for that but yesterday, the first 4-5 miles I was running 9:15-9:30 miles and thought I could run that pace forever.

I'd love to run Boston once and get it off the bucket list. But I'd need a 3:30 time in a qualifying race to get a number. I'm not sure I can do that. It's an 8 min pace. There are charities that will give you a number if you raise money for them. I think that'd be my best chance of getting in there. Any requirements like that for NYC?

Good luck!

I believe NYC has similar requirements to keep the Rif Raf out lol...   
RECHRGED

PocketThunder

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on October 03, 2010, 11:52:44 AM

Good luck!

3:30?  shoot, i ran the Chicago Marathon back in 2000 in 3:23.  I though that wasnt fast enough to get into Boston.  I wonder if they'll still take that time?  :lol:

Paul
X-3000 meter steeplechaser,
retired semi-pro runner..  :icon_smile_big:

dkn1997

alright... wtf is a steeple chase and do your legs get tired running on the roofs of all those churches? 

RECHRGED

chargergirl

High instep make running extremely painful for me. So I cheer those on that do...fantastic times and stats...the fact that you finish...that's the stuff! Keep going as long as it makes you kick those endorphins!
Trust your Woobie!

PocketThunder

Quote from: dkn1997 on October 04, 2010, 08:00:56 PM
alright... wtf is a steeple chase and do your legs get tired running on the roofs of all those churches? 

Here you go:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pv-c_NR4cR8

Skip to 1:25 in the video for the fun part!   :2thumbs:

Here are the dangers:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSvxIvVIhgg
Or this one really hurts:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_s6ahuPCwQ  go to 0:48 into the video  :o

dkn1997

Quote from: PocketThunder on October 05, 2010, 08:45:34 AM

Or this one really hurts:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_s6ahuPCwQ  go to 0:48 into the video  :o

I don't like the steeple chase. Not even a little
RECHRGED

PocketThunder

Quote from: dkn1997 on October 05, 2010, 07:47:01 PMI don't like the steeple chase. Not even a little

Ya it certainly separates the men from the boys!   :lol:   :lol:

nh_mopar_fan

Quote from: dkn1997 on October 05, 2010, 07:47:01 PM
Quote from: PocketThunder on October 05, 2010, 08:45:34 AM

I don't like the steeple chase. Not even a little

:iagree:

PocketThunder

My best time was 8:56 in the steeplechase.  The Olympic qualifying "B" standard is 8:44 so i could have almost made it to trials.   I would have gotten killed though in Olympic trials, but it would have been fun to just be there!   :icon_smile_big:

Now i just run to the parts store and the frig.   :cheers:

nh_mopar_fan

Quote from: PocketThunder on October 06, 2010, 11:17:25 AM
My best time was 8:56 in the steeplechase.  The Olympic qualifying "B" standard is 8:44 so i could have almost made it to trials.   I would have gotten killed though in Olympic trials, but it would have been fun to just be there!   :icon_smile_big:

Now i just run to the parts store and the frig.   :cheers:
That's really impressive and would've been cool just to be there.

I was never quick. My teammates used to tell me they timed me with a calendar when I went from 1st to 3rd.  :smilielol:

nh_mopar_fan

Ran my first full marathon in January in Miami. Finished at 4:40. Was shooting for 4:30. Wasn't in the cards....

Man, did I hurt afterward.

Ran the Sarasota half marathon in March at 1:57. Felt like chit. Went to the doctor the next day and found out I had a bladder infection and a fever.

Swore that Miami was going to be the first and last and crossed it off the bucket list. Until....yesterday. I go to the Sox game in Boston which starts at 11am and then head over to Kenmore square to watch the runners run by at mile 25. Earlier in the day, my cousin tells me he can get me a number for next year if I want one.  :scratchchin:

After 2 halfs and a full marathon in 6 months, I'm taking a break.

PocketThunder

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on April 19, 2011, 12:41:39 PMAfter 2 halfs and a full marathon in 6 months, I'm taking a break.

Good plan.  I'd take a break on running marathons until your next lifetime...   :Twocents:   :lol:

Here is my National meet race i typed about earlier,  Its the preliminary heat (somewhat boring) and the final race.  I dug out the old VHS tape and had it converted to digital and put it on the ol youtube.  I keep watching it over and over but i always end up second...  D'oh!!!   :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-Y32m5hn_k

nh_mopar_fan

Quote from: PocketThunder on April 19, 2011, 01:00:10 PM
Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on April 19, 2011, 12:41:39 PMAfter 2 halfs and a full marathon in 6 months, I'm taking a break.

Good plan.  I'd take a break on running marathons until your next lifetime...   :Twocents:   :lol:

Here is my National meet race i typed about earlier,  Its the preliminary heat (somewhat boring) and the final race.  I dug out the old VHS tape and had it converted to digital and put it on the ol youtube.  I keep watching it over and over but i always end up second...  D'oh!!!   :o

That was a nice back and forth at the end there!

PocketThunder

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on April 19, 2011, 01:18:06 PM
Quote from: PocketThunder on April 19, 2011, 01:00:10 PM

That was a nice back and forth at the end there!

That was top end my friend!  My tach was banging off the red!   :rofl:

dkn1997

Just checking in....

I have now ran the race that started the whole thing 3 years in a row.  best thing I ever did. gives me something to shoot for each year
RECHRGED

Vainglory, Esq.

PocketThunder

Quote from: Vainglory, Esq. on April 19, 2011, 05:52:02 PM
Steeplechase?  Or diving?

http://failblog.org/2011/04/19/epic-fail-photos-hurdle-fail/

Wow thats an old track with the water pit on the outside instead of inside turn 3.  Drake Relays has the same set up.  Or did when i was there back in 98.