News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

EUREKA! I found It!

Started by Brock Samson, August 24, 2007, 03:11:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brock Samson

it's 11:45 and the town is shut down..

three first gens at the travellodge..

Two Seconds at the Red Lion...

I got a speeding tix on the way here for 70 MPH, though she said she had me clocked on radar at 83 and not a minute prior i was bouncing above 120...

She asks me why i was going so fast?.. like 83 is fast...  :lol:   :scratchchin:  i dunno,.. cause there were three lanes no traffic and i wanted to see what the little lady would do?..   :shruggy:

then she says "i can understand it it's a beautiful car ya got".... 

great cruisin up once i got past santa rosa but the first 70 miles took well over 2 hours. you do the math.. even though i left the city at 1:15 to beat the rush it was a parking lot after that mess i was F()*^  Gone...

http://www.dodgechargerregistry.com/2007%20eureka.htm

Nacho-RT74

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

defiance

Yeah, I'm confused to...

I do like the show, though!  I even made the intro my ringtone :D

dpm68

Eureka where? I've been to Eureka, Ark (in the Ozarks) where the infamous Concrete Christ of the Ozarks resides...but that's probably not the same Eureka is it?

41husk

Eureka MO.  real close to the Fenton Chrysler plant and six flags over mid America, but thets probably not the Eureka he is talking about either.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

68chrgrwife

He's talking about Eureka, Ca.  There is a Mopar car show threre this weekend.  We were supposed to go with him and I was supposed to drive his Roadrunner to the show itself, but we had schedule and financial mix ups that prevented us from going.  :brickwall: Man I would have LOVED driving his car.  And hangin' out with him.   :'( :'(
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

dpm68

QuoteEureka MO.  real close to the Fenton Chrysler plant and six flags over mid America, but thets probably not the Eureka he is talking about either.

Ahh yes...how quickly I forget. I was born in St. Louis and blew chunks after riding the Screamin Eagle when I was 9!

Judhudson

Ah perfect timing, as the next episode of Eureka will be about the whole town turning "dumb".  You'll fit right in! :)

I'm just kidding by the way.  Have fun at the car show.

As for the show, I'm a huge fan and I'm always at the tv when that time comes.

70charger_boy

Ghoste

Talk about wandering, we went from Brock's mystery post to dpm68 blowing chunks on a carnival ride.  :smilielol:

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Ghoste on August 25, 2007, 08:25:22 AM
Talk about wandering, we went from Brock's mystery post to dpm68 blowing chunks on a carnival ride.  :smilielol:
:lol:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Old Moparz

I thought he found his vacuum cleaner.

I prefer the Mopar model even though it's older.

But what would Opossom Boy's friend Vacuum Cleaner Boy use?

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

4cruzin

Sucks about the ticket.   
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

Brock Samson

well the pace really picked up today,..
  Woke up at ^00 am switched on the TV and lo and behold it's the General Lee drifting round Atlanta.. at breakfast I met a'bunch'a great folks, incl. two of whom are well known roundabout these parts, Blue Pentastar in his Ram acting as Chase Truck, who, God bless em, saved my ass when i ran out of gas a few miles from town  :brickwall:  well, *I thought i had topped her off,..  :shruggy:  on the way back from the cruise, running ahead to pick up a two gallon gas can and back, most thankfully.. first time i ever broke down and had some help on hand..
  And Argos Charger,who's stayin here at the same hotel,.. At the 9:00 am show local news crews from both T.V. and the paper came out to interview the host of the show who did a fantastic job of co-ordination without the help of Wayne Woden who had to stay on his job in Alaska..
anyhow,.. our cruise out to the Ave. of the Giants redwood grove was a sweet slow drive with lots of pictures and movies being taken some of which i'll post later when i get home... This was topped off by a Fantastic Family Style dinner at the Samoa Cookhouse all you can eat, where were also gonna have breakfast tomarrow,.. after we split up tonight i went searching for the Samoa Drags folowing these young guys on a couple super bikes all over Samoa accross the bridge from Eureka, a nice blast keeping up with them - even though i was tailed three different times in the space of an hour by the local Fuzz...   :shruggy: What did I do?!.. We never found the drags.... Dammit!  :RantExplode:
  About that ticket,.. I figgure if you live by the sword, Ya' die by the sword...   it could be alot worse.. or as some folks say," it's the price of doin' business in Calif"...

:drive:

68chrgrwife

Sounds like you had a real good time out there.  Sorry we couldn't make it up...We would have helped you out whe you ran out of gas.....LOL
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

Brock Samson

got home just before 1:00 a.m.
driving down US 101 from 7:00 p.m. the last sunday before school starts was kinda strange cause the last hour there were no cars on the freeway I've never experianced six lane US 101 with NO traffic at all, kinda' like the end of the world... every light i saw was the CHP commin to git me... :-\
Anyhow after a great breakfast with the Registry Folks again at the Samoa cookhouse (Where they used to feed the loggers the place will seat a few hundred i imagine). I finally found the drags. not only was the $10 admission waved for the Charger reg. folks but they waved my Race Entry fees total $35.oo a great thing cause i was down to my last $6.oo...  :2thumbs:
long story short I made four runs but couldn't break 14 seconds  :brickwall: i guess the 323s and the one legger rear plus the weight of a
crammed full trunk makes my hoped for 13s not happinin... I met great folks there however i was taken under the wing of some of the regulars who helped me with my burnouts and staging in Sportsman/Time Only category (SM T/O) still i raced heads up against a Vega and a Nova twice each and won them all once due to the nova's redlight...  :shruggy:
It was great to go somewhere where i didnt know all the cars as I'm pretty familiar with the Bay Area cars goin to shows and Infinion the last 25 years.
  The skunk ran like a champ the entire trip tho the gas guage (on the new guage panel) gave me fits reading 3/4 full when topped off and 1/4 full when out of gas and the dash light wont work :shruggy: lots of gas stations, lots of stories and attention everywhere as folks would decend on the car from out of the woodwork espeacailly in the smaller towns way up north I talked to one guy for nearly three hours who used to own and race a '68 S.S. R/T, '64 Stage III and a '69 Formula S 383....
But i didn't spare the horses one bit I hammered on it every chance I got and other than getting waaaaay out of shape on my first pass (dirty tires i think) and very nearly into the guard rail she ran most excellent the entire 738 miles at an avarage of 11 MPG.

I'll go ahead and post a few of the 350 pics i took now,.. and some more later in the day/week...

Brock Samson

:drool5:

Brock Samson

thought you might like to see this one in particular... 

So, if your in the left lane how ya' supposed to see the tree?..  :lol:   

Brock Samson

one thing im kinda' curious about is why more DC.COM members didn't show?.. cause at the top of this thread folks claim to not even know what I was posting in regards to,.. this CHARGER REGISTREY MEET has been in the works for at least six mos. and there's been a few threads both here and in events,.. so with all the members in the pacific north west i figgured a few of you would show... but not one peep,.. after all it was held near the Ore border so you guys wouldn't have to schlep too far...
other folks drove from as far away as Texas but only four DC.com members made it...
   So what's up with that?..  :shruggy:

70charger_boy

Quote from: Brock Samson on August 27, 2007, 02:46:31 PM
one thing im kinda' curious about is why more DC.COM members didn't show?.. cause at the top of this thread folks claim to not even know what I was posting in regards to,.. this CHARGER REGISTREY MEET has been in the works for at least six mos. and there's been a few threads both here and in events,.. so with all the members in the pacific north west i figgured a few of you would show... but not one peep,.. after all it was held near the Ore border so you guys wouldn't have to schlep too far...
other folks drove from as far away as Texas but only four DC.com members made it...
   So what's up with that?..  :shruggy:

I'm 3,000 miles away, but when I got my charger running in tip top shape I'll meet you there :2thumbs:  Hell, I'll even race you and pay for any speeding tickets you get

472 R/T SE

Tacoma, Washington's Mopars Unlimited annual Sunbust show is the Show for the Northwest folks this past weekend.  It's too bad the Registry folks couldn't have taken that into consideration when planning?  :shruggy:  I know there were a lot of DC Chargers there yesterday.  :thumbs:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,24989.0.html

Brock Samson

i sure wish that goat and the '68 would have gone head to head but no..  :shruggy:

im tired of resizing pics but i will later...

Neal_J

Sorry dude we were in the wrong redwoods (sierra not coast) for the past couple of weeks. 

Glad you had fun,

Neal

Argos_Chargers

I just got back from Eureka this evening.  Sunbust is the same every year...yeah, yeah, yeah, I know...the swap meet.   Wjat y'all missed besides an incredible time and some great new friends was a red '66 hemi 4 spd Charger that hadn't had an engine since 1982.  Lynn, the owner, cranked hard to get the ORIGINAL engine and tranny back in the car for Eureka.  The first time the car saw pavement was for a brief scoot on Wednesday afternoon, yet it was there to meet us in Coos Bay on Friday.   Hmmm, I wonder how much more exciting all of the same old cars at Sun Bust are compared to that.  I guess you're right.  A totally unknown '66 hemi 4-spd is jsut WAY too lame to waste your time on.  By the way, Lynn didn't trailer the car.  He said that cars are for driving (what a novel concept).  I'll post some pics when I have the time. 

Sorry for the sarcasm, but the attitudes displayed just drug it out of me.  Who needs new friends and experiences, right Dave?

Argo
MoPar -- The only way to fly!

Brock Samson

:shruggy:  i dunno man, i had a great time ticket and all... here's the proud owner...